The Ten Commandments are Garbage.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

The Ten Commandments are Garbage.

Post by Sculptor »

Not only are they out if date, they have always been inadequate for purpose.

They represent a continuing piece of evidence against any claims of objectivity in moralising. Moses was a revisionist, and various sects and cults of Christianity have chose to interpret them in any way they chose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-63cTYJDCA
Sculptor

Re: The Ten Commandments are Garbage.

Post by Sculptor »

Hitchen's alternative...

do not condemn people on the basis of
their ethnicity or their color number
do not ever even think of using
people as private property or as owned
or as slaves

despise those who use violence or the

threat of it in sexual relations

4 hide your face and weep if
you dare to harm a child number

5 do not condemn people for the inborn nature
why would God create so many homosexuals
only in order to torture and Destroy
them
be aware that you too are an animal and dependent on the web
of nature try and think and act
accordingly
don't imagine that you can
escape judgment if you rob people with a
false prospectus rather than with a
knife
turn off that
cell phone
you can have no idea how unimportant
your call is to us
denounce all jihadists and Crusaders for
what they are
Psychopathic criminals with ugly
delusions
and terrible sexual repressions number

be willing to dennounce any God or any
faith if any holy Commandments should
contradict any of the above
in short don't swallow your moral code in tablet form
Walker

Post by Walker »

Some folks just don’t cotton-to reasonable people doing unto them, as they do unto themselves.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

didn't Jesus say to ignore all the other commandments save his one command?

-Imp
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I don't know the story all that well; just the gist of it, but weren't the commandments given to Moses as a set of rules for his tribe to follow. That was a very long time ago, and applicable to a set of people who have nothing to do with here and now. I don't know why anyone other than a dogged Bible fanatic would even give the Ten Commandments a second thought.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm Hitchen's alternative...
https://youtu.be/POTXJmish3c

These are the only commandments humanity needs, from BOONYISM.

As you might know, Australian cricketer David Boon beat Marshy's record by drinking 52 cans!!!! of Victoria Bitter (VB) on a flight from Australia to England in preparation for the Ashes tour...

Our Messiah is David Boon MBE, Boony, Boonie, Davo...the Messiah of our great religion, Boonyism. It is
everyone's duty to respect our Holy Mecca that is Lords.

If travelling through WhyAlla...do NOT touch the brakes unless there is a pub worthy of a Boonyist (of course there is, probably loads of them, in fact all pubs are worthy let's face the ultimate truth), but all Boonyists must remember that the accelerator can become a force to be reckoned with, so find someone else to drive, some Muslims are lovely people and so are wives that don't drink.

To become a bona fide Boonyist of Boonyism, Baptism is required as below..

Baptism:
The baptee raises an IMPERIAL PINT of beer and says: 'All hale to faster planes or spaceships and duck
those that challenge our Messiah..........Booooooooooony!'

The baptee then drinks aforementioned pint (not necessarily all at once, please have some decorum for what
is sacred), while watching any live game of cricket (whether it be at a holy ground, also known as a cricket
oval, on the beach, in the back garden, on TV, or whatever form of interface happens to connect conscious
brains to images of what we presume to be humans, play the Holy Grail of Cricket, The Ashes).

Baptism to become a bona fide Boonyist of Boonyism, maybe repeated, in fact it is encouraged.

The sweet 16 woops...22 Commandments of Boonyism:

1 - thou shalt not hit girls and LADIES (unless you are a girl or a LADY, and commandment four applies).

2 - thou shalt not talk about Boonyism or your commitment to our religion to David Boon, unless He raises
the topic, or you ask Him first due to having a wad load of cash to donate to a charity of Boonie's choosing,
or, you are a friend of his and want to wind him up.

3 - thou shalt laugh at life and allow all comedians to take the piss out of anything they want, so long as at
least 20% of the audience found it funny.

4 - thou shalt deal with an inflamed situation with logic and wit first, if this does not resolve the at hand
problem, and both parties agree the need to attempt to beat the proverbial shit out of each other, then proceed
to use whatever equipment you were born with ONLY, unless the opposition is not a Boonyist and uses other
equipment, in which case take all reasonable measures, to at least match the capabilities of the infidel.

5 - thou shalt respect others of darker or whiter skin than yourself, and of any sexual orientation as an equal,
unless they are being a c**t.

6 - if a male or female say no to sex, you don't rape them. (unless it's the creator of Boonyism saying no
*Brian, and you are female or a pack of females, and there are no males in the immediate vicinity).

7 - thou shalt apologise to others when you have finally worked out, you were a [insert applicable
expletive(s)].

8 - thou shalt not permit robots to be part of crowd control.

9 - thou shalt respect people that say they find cricket boring, as we shall respect those that like less than fifty
over versions of the game.

10 - if any form of money is raised by a Boonyist as a member of Boonyism, it must go to the creator, Brian,
or a charity that David Boon decides is appropriate for that money to end up with, unless there is not enough
money for beer when the Ashes is on, and especially if the Boonyist is English.

11 - Boonyism can and should interrogate respectfully adjust accordingly its own doctrine to suit the period
of the time, with approval of our Messiah, unless he is dead. (who knows, although extremely unlikely
something more suitable than beer might be invented)....stop laughing, this is serious.

12 - there shall be no criticism of anything that Monty Python ever produced. (every religion must have
something irrational about it).

13 - thou shalt endeavour to learn as much as one can, and question everything.

14 - it should go without saying, if Boony, Boonie, Davo is in a pub AND asks YOU to buy him a beer, then
buy the fat git of a Messiah a beer, but under NO circumstances approach the Messiah uninvited.

15 - thou shalt love andor own a dog at some point during one's lifetime.

16 - thou shalt not betray the love of thy partner.

17 - thou shalt not accept the news media stating a country has said anything, where it should be defined by
the 'party' of said country. For example, stating that China has banned Australian barley is not representative
of the spirit of the Chinese people. It should be stated, the Chinese 'Communist' (C**t) Party, or CCP has
banned Australian barley.

18 - thou shalt respect anything the creator of Boonyism (Brian) has to say unless it's disrespectful AND not
funny to at least 49.9% of people in a pub or he is being a dickhead in general.

19 - thou shalt always consider the consequences, implications of Schrodinger's beer (is there still one left in
the fridge).

20 - thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not litter, thou shalt not be involved with illicit drugs...oh yes and don't
kill people.

21 - anyone that breeds children to get money from the honest day's labour of workers, cannot be a Boonyist.

22 - if a Boonyist is in court for any reason that does not apply to breaking any of the above commandments,
a Boonyist shall be permitted to drink at the minimum twelve pints of beer during the court case.

www.boonyism.com
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:30 pm

You never fail to make an arse of yourself.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Naaw, you're not still sore with me are U?

Do you find fault in those commandments?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:00 pm

I considered them to be much better than the originals, by far.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Well, glad you bothered to read them.

I was going to let boonyism go - the hosting service (now changed, long story) kept emailing asking me to update my CC payment details otherwise the domain was going to expire - I decided fuck it, let it go.

Well. A couple of nights later I was in VR-chat - everyone are crazy avatars in virtual world - typical Americans mostly, talking shite, so I always listen out for accents - I saw "Kiwi-??" as a username so I headed over to him and he was talking to someone with a lovely Brit accent. They were talking sensibly ..and about comparing private v public schools etc..

NE way, things turned to religion and I mentioned I am a bona fide boonyist of boonyism and told them about the baptism and they should check it out sometime. WELL ! The next thing is, there I am in this VR world with these two cartoon characters pissing themselves laughing as they read the commandments to each other, n me!

The English lad said he was going to print the commandments and put them up at UNI!

So, I decided to keep it going, of course I didn't tell them who created the most fantastic religion on the face of the planet. :mrgreen:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:26 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Well, glad you bothered to read them.
I thought I linked a vid? I'm guessing you did not bother listening.

I was going to let boonyism go - the hosting service (now changed, long story) kept emailing asking me to update my CC payment details otherwise the domain was going to expire - I decided fuck it, let it go.
I did not follow up in Boonyism nor did I read the post your included it is. As soon as I realised you were taking bollocks I did not bother.

Well. A couple of nights later I was in VR-chat - everyone are crazy avatars in virtual world - typical Americans mostly, talking shite, so I always listen out for accents - I saw "Kiwi-??" as a username so I headed over to him and he was talking to someone with a lovely Brit accent. They were talking sensibly ..and about comparing private v public schools etc..

NE way, things turned to religion and I mentioned I am a bona fide boonyist of boonyism and told them about the baptism and they should check it out sometime. WELL ! The next thing is, there I am in this VR world with these two cartoon characters pissing themselves laughing as they read the commandments to each other, n me!

The English lad said he was going to print the commandments and put them up at UNI!

So, I decided to keep it going, of course I didn't tell them who created the most fantastic religion on the face of the planet. :mrgreen:
And what did you learn from this experience?

Are you capable of articulating why there was laughing?
Or are you just taking a shit in the Forum as usual?
Alexiev

Post by Alexiev »

or as slaves

them
accordingly
knife
turn off that
cell phone
your call is to us
what they are
delusions

Hitchen's antipathy toward religion (and Islam in particular) led him to support the disastrous U.S. military incursions into the Middle East. His notion that he can come up with better commandments than Moses or Jesus bespeaks a lack of humility.

Look at Hitchens' commandment number 5:
why would God create so many homosexuals only in order to torture and Destroy them
Suppose pedophilia is "inborn" (it's a sexual predilection just like homosexuality). Does Hitchens suggest we should avoid condemning pedophiles? Nobody (except bizarre jerks) objects to the predilection. Some object to the behavior. I agree with Hitchens that homosexuality should not be condemned (or contemned, for that matter). But other behaviors that are related to "inborn nature" -- pedophilia, violent murder, etc. -- should be.

HItchens' notion that Crusaders and Jihadists have "terrible sexual repressions" is mere trolling. Hitchens has written some good essays, but his anti-religious screeds make him look like a bigot.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It was a stupid idea in the first place. The list would need to be infinitely long for the infinite number of horrible things that humans are capable of doing. And talk about fucked up priorities. God has made the most prominent ones about himself. 'Thou shalt not use my name as a swear word'. 'Thou shalt grovel to me at all times'. 'Thou shalt not masturbate to thoughts of someone else's property...I mean 'wife'...' These are the most heinous things that Big Daddy could come up with??
Then there's the most ignored one of all: 'Thou shalt not kill'. What does that even mean? That everyone has to be vegetarian? And what about where Big Daddy was ordering everyone to kill their neighbour if they see him working on 'the sabbath', or to murder 'witches', or slaughter children who laugh at bearded (bald?) men? What a hypocrite.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Alexiev wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:56 pm

or as slaves

them
accordingly
knife
turn off that
cell phone
your call is to us
what they are
delusions

Hitchen's antipathy toward religion (and Islam in particular) led him to support the disastrous U.S. military incursions into the Middle East. His notion that he can come up with better commandments than Moses or Jesus bespeaks a lack of humility.

Look at Hitchens' commandment number 5:
why would God create so many homosexuals only in order to torture and Destroy them
Suppose pedophilia is "inborn" (it's a sexual predilection just like homosexuality). Does Hitchens suggest we should avoid condemning pedophiles? Nobody (except bizarre jerks) objects to the predilection. Some object to the behavior. I agree with Hitchens that homosexuality should not be condemned (or contemned, for that matter). But other behaviors that are related to "inborn nature" -- pedophilia, violent murder, etc. -- should be.

HItchens' notion that Crusaders and Jihadists have "terrible sexual repressions" is mere trolling. Hitchens has written some good essays, but his anti-religious screeds make him look like a bigot.
That would be covered by the 'not harming children' or are you suggesting that raping children isn't harmful to them?
Alexiev

Post by Alexiev »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:32 pm
That would be covered by the 'not harming children' or are you suggesting that raping children isn't harmful to them?
You obviously don't understand a word I have written. Of course harming children is wicked, while pleasing consenting adults is not. Nonetheless, both sexual dispositions are (perhaps) the "inborn natures" to which Hitchens refers. That's why I always thought that promoting gay rights by claiming homosexuality is inborn (i.e. not a "choice") is misguided. Nature vs. nurture is inevitably indeterminate. In addition, it's misguided to think that it is ethically significant. If homosexuality is inborn, so (probably) is pedophilia. That is irrelevant to any discussion of the morality of acting on either predilection.