The Ten Commandments are Garbage.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The Ten Commandments are Garbage.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:13 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:08 am

Actually they do...and there's a reason sex is in the county name. This delightful girl from Essex used to give me free beer at my local...alas, she's gone now.
You haven't heard of the faux accentors? Of course there are genuine accents, but that's not what I'm talking about. Actually I find all the English accents hideous, apart from the neutral one. They just sound retarded. Which is odd, because I love the Welsh accent. Scottish is quite nice. Irish is lovely (but not Northern Irish). It only seems to be the English who take great pride in speaking as badly as they possibly can.
We English have to try and sound dumb otherwise the less intelligent (other races) would be too scared to talk to us. We also need them to lower their guard so we can pinch their stuff (silly gits).

My favourite accent on the entire planet is Scouser!! ..my God, dunno what it is but when an attractive lass from Liverpool talks all I can think of is sex.

I like the Irish accent too, and ya the Belfast accent is dreadful.

ps. No, never heard of 'faux accentors'.
Nigel Kennedy? Mick Jagger? There are loads of them. Mick Jagger is 'posh' but he puts on a silly 'low class' accent when it suits him. It's really patronising when you think about it. Never seems to be the other way round, although Margaret Thatcher's natural voice would apparently have made an east end dockworker sound posh. Liverpool accent gets a pass but only because of the Beatles.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:13 am

You haven't heard of the faux accentors? Of course there are genuine accents, but that's not what I'm talking about. Actually I find all the English accents hideous, apart from the neutral one. They just sound retarded. Which is odd, because I love the Welsh accent. Scottish is quite nice. Irish is lovely (but not Northern Irish). It only seems to be the English who take great pride in speaking as badly as they possibly can.
We English have to try and sound dumb otherwise the less intelligent (other races) would be too scared to talk to us. We also need them to lower their guard so we can pinch their stuff (silly gits).

My favourite accent on the entire planet is Scouser!! ..my God, dunno what it is but when an attractive lass from Liverpool talks all I can think of is sex.

Nigel Kennedy? Mick Jagger? There are loads of them. Mick Jagger is 'posh' but he puts on a silly 'low class' accent when it suits him. It's really patronising when you think about it. Never seems to be the other way round, although Margaret Thatcher's natural voice would apparently have made an east end dockworker sound posh. Liverpool accent gets a pass but only because of the Beatles.
All news to me!

Have you ever seen this advert from the 80s (I really miss the funny beer adverts in England - I doubt they still make them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9_YfIQaz4

btw. What's a neutral accent!?
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:36 am

All news to me!

Have you ever seen this advert from the 80s (I really miss the funny beer adverts in England - I doubt they still make them)

Just well spoken. Something like Princess Diana. Not ridiculous like the Queen. Fun fact: the 'posh' English voice was only invented in Victorian times. Before that the wealthy just spoke with their regional accents.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:50 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:36 am

All news to me!

Just well spoken. Something like Princess Diana. Not ridiculous like the Queen. Fun fact: the 'posh' English voice was only invented in Victorian times. Before that the wealthy just spoke with their regional accents.
Clearly Princess Diana doesn't have an accent, not now anyway.

Do you know how the term Posh originated?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:12 pm Not only are they out if date, they have always been inadequate for purpose.

They represent a continuing piece of evidence against any claims of objectivity in moralising. Moses was a revisionist, and various sects and cults of Christianity have chose to interpret them in any way they chose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-63cTYJDCA
Your above is fallacious thinking.
Your sense of what is objectivity [absolute mind-independence] is delusional as grounded on an illusion.
There are Two Senses of 'Objectivity' [one of them is delusional]
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39326

As in any field of knowledge, what is critical is the focus on each individual claim within the field of knowledge then whole field.
For example, within science, if a claim is questionable, it is not science itself that is to be questioned, but whether the claim is valid within the human-based scientific FSK.

Therefore it is too hasty [fallacious] to lump of the whole to the Ten Commandments and critique morality within the Bible as whole to conclude Morality as a whole cannot be objective.

Effectively we need to treat each of the ten commandments as individual moral elements and rank them in terms of their moral_ness within a morality FSK.
Intuitively, 'Thou Shall Not Kill' would be rated with a 0.9/1 weighting in terms of morality while the other commandments are insignificant morally.

Anything that is conditioned upon a human-based FSK is objective of varying degrees.
Therefore 'Thou Shall Not Kill' as conditioned with the Theological FSK is objective, albeit of negligible degree of objectivity in contrast to the scientific FSK as the standard.

The ten commandments are not contractual within Christianity [re Gospels only] but 'Thou Shall Not Kill' in implied within the pacifist maxim, 'love all even enemies' in the Gospels.

On an individual moral element basis 'the oughtnotness to kill humans' [same with Thou Shall Not Kill'] is also weighted highly [say 0.8/1.0] within morality-in-general which is conditioned upon a moral-proper-FSK, which has a certain reasonable degree of objectivity.

Morality is objective because it is conditioned upon a FSK.
What is most critical with morality is whether it has contributed to the overall well-being of the individuals and that of humanity.
All humans are "programmed" with the oughtness to kill [for food, self-defense, etc.] but this impulse could be turned to other humans. [1]
So a 'the oughtnotness to kill humans' inhibitor is evolved to modulate 1 above to ensure the preservation of the human species.

It is very evidence the commandment, "thou shall not kill" [with a threat of hell from God] has been very effective in modulating [stopped] the majority [non-psychopaths or the brainwashed] to avoid to killing humans when they were triggered with the impulse to kill humans from whatever reasons [anger, passion, jealousy, revenge, etc.]

Sink this in! The resultant of the effectiveness of the objective moral fact of "thou shall not kill" is the current 8 billion humans from a few.
If "thou shall not kill" is not objective but killing, as your preference, is a subjective or relative thing, there could have been more continual genocides on the scale of the holocaust.
Note the recent Congress interrogation where the top universities presidents lost their moral compass in insisting 'genocide, killing of babies is contextual' and it is only 'wrong' when it happens or had happened. WTF!

Because to you morality is not objective but subjective or relative, you're implicitly condoning [thus contribute to] genocides and killing of babies by others. PERHAPS, you're in a closet on this?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

What is this "FSK" you keep going on about?

If it's "Find Seek Kill" then fine.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:27 am What is this "FSK" you keep going on about?

I've never been able to work that out either. Bloody acronyms.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:33 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:27 am What is this "FSK" you keep going on about?

What about POSH? Did you know that one?
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:41 am

I googled it but there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Several theories though.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:49 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:41 am

I googled it but there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Several theories though.
Well, ever since I was about 6 years old, my father had told me Port Out Starboard Home
..where the people that could afford it would pay extra on the ship to be in the cabin on the coolest side of the ship on voyages to India, hence they were posh.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

I have been mentioning FSK > a '1000' times in this forum, that I had taken it for granted.

It is explained here;
What is a Framework and System of Knowledge? FSK
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31889

Generally all fields of knowledge are conditioned within a "Framework and Systems", .e.g. science operates within an implicit Framework and System with its imperative scientific method and other conditions that are valid to science only.
Other fields of knowledge, e.g. economics, finance, legal, linguistic, astronomy etc. will have their specific FSK and sub-FSKs, e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Science within the main scientific FSK.

As such, morality will have it own morality-proper-FSK.

Whatever is FSK-ed is human based on a collective basis, so, independent of any individual's opinion, beliefs or judgment, thus it is objective by definition.
It is critical to qualify this objectivity to FSK, i.e. FSK-ed Objectivity to differentiate from other forms of bastardized sense of objectivity.
vegetariantaxidermy

I prefer fish pie's version :|
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:05 am I prefer fish pie's version :|
What about WOG?

Westerly Oriented Gentleman. (where Indians that were making a few quid doing business with the British would dress in similar attire to the British - again, according to my Dad!)

..and IPA beer -- India Pale Ale (to this day is beer with more alcohol content, apparently it would preserve the beer better on voyages too and from India)
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:13 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:12 pm Not only are they out if date, they have always been inadequate for purpose.

They represent a continuing piece of evidence against any claims of objectivity in moralising. Moses was a revisionist, and various sects and cults of Christianity have chose to interpret them in any way they chose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-63cTYJDCA
Your above is fallacious thinking.
Your sense of what is objectivity [absolute mind-independence] is delusional as grounded on an illusion.
There are Two Senses of 'Objectivity' [one of them is delusional]
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39326

As in any field of knowledge, what is critical is the focus on each individual claim within the field of knowledge then whole field.
For example, within science, BLAH BLAHBLAH
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your obsession is showing.
I did not mention, claim objectivity. I was expressing an opinion.
You would do well to try and understand that what you say is YOUR opinion.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:05 am I prefer fish pie's version :|
What about WOG?

Westerly Oriented Gentleman. (where Indians that were making a few quid doing business with the British would dress in similar attire to the British - again, according to my Dad!)

..and IPA beer -- India Pale Ale (to this day is beer with more alcohol content, apparently it would preserve the beer better on voyages too and from India)
Whilst it is true that the word is a racial slur for all non whites; one common across the Empire. THe claim that it stand for three words is a false etymology.
Wily, Worthy, Westerly, etc have all been appended to Oriental Gentleman, geezer, git.
"Working On Government service" even.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog

FSK on the other hand refers to Veritas, or as he is other wise known In Vino Veritas, it stands for Fucking Stupid Kunt

As for POSH. Despite being popularised in CHitty CHitty Bang Bang, that also is a false etymology, and never appeared on tickets for passage to India.