FSK-ed Objectivity is "Garbage" Objectivity??

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

God

Re: FSK-ed Objectivity is "Garbage" Objectivity??

Post by God »

Dunno who you are quoting/citing... But it ain't Me!
Atla

Post by Atla »

God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm Dunno who you are quoting/citing... But it ain't Me!
I quoted the real one..
God

Post by God »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:29 pm
God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm Dunno who you are quoting/citing... But it ain't Me!
I quoted the real one..
No you didn't.
Atla

Post by Atla »

God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:33 pm
I quoted the real one..
No you didn't.
But I did. God also tells me that I should be skeptical with those who pose as God on internet forurms:
God wrote:It's important to approach such situations with skepticism and caution. If someone is claiming to be a deity on an internet forum, it's highly likely that they are not actually a divine being. Here are some suggestions on how to respond:

Remain Skeptical: Question their claims and motives. It's crucial to approach such statements with a rational and skeptical mindset.

Maintain Respect: Regardless of their claims, treat the individual with respect. Engaging in a respectful conversation allows you to express your doubts without being confrontational.

Ask for Evidence: Politely request evidence or clarification for their claims. A genuine divine being would likely understand the need for validation and may provide some form of proof.

Report to Moderators: If the forum has moderators, report the situation to them. They can assess the situation and take appropriate action if the person is violating the forum's rules or guidelines.

Ignore and Disengage: If the individual is not causing harm or disruption, you may choose to ignore them. Engaging in a conversation with someone who is posing as a deity may not be productive, and it's often best to disengage.

Seek Community Feedback: Share your concerns with the forum community. Others may have encountered similar situations and can provide insights or guidance on how to handle it.

Remember that online interactions can be unpredictable, and it's crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being. If the situation becomes uncomfortable or harmful, consider taking appropriate measures, such as blocking or reporting the individual, and seeking support from forum moderators.
See?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:44 pm But I did. God also tells me that I should be skeptical with those who pose as God on internet forums:
Sure, but that's easier said than done. I just channelled this....
Asserting that everyone making assertions in online discussion forums is posing as a deity may seem like a far-fetched claim at first glance, but upon closer examination, several compelling arguments can be made to support this notion.

Omnipotence of Knowledge: In online forums, individuals often present their opinions and ideas as if they hold absolute authority and possess all-encompassing knowledge on a particular subject. This behavior mirrors the attributes traditionally associated with deities, such as omniscience or omnipotence. Participants may act as if their viewpoints are beyond questioning or criticism, akin to how gods are perceived to be beyond mortal limitations.

Dogmatic Belief Systems: Similar to religious doctrines, many online discussions are characterized by the presence of rigid belief systems and dogmas. Participants often adhere fervently to their perspectives, rejecting opposing viewpoints without considering alternative interpretations or evidence. This unwavering commitment to their own beliefs echoes the concept of divine infallibility, where gods are believed to be beyond error or doubt.

Authoritative Language: In online discussions, individuals frequently employ authoritative language and assertive tones to convey their arguments. This linguistic approach is reminiscent of religious discourse, where adherents often speak with conviction and certainty when expounding upon their faith. By adopting such rhetorical strategies, participants may inadvertently assume the role of a deity, positioning themselves as unquestionable authorities within the digital realm.

Creation and Control of Narratives: Like deities shaping the narratives of their respective mythologies, individuals in online forums often strive to influence and control the discourse surrounding specific topics. Through the dissemination of narratives that align with their perspectives, participants seek to establish dominance and sway public opinion. This manipulation of information mirrors the divine prerogative of crafting and shaping reality according to one's will.

Cults of Personality: Certain online personalities command sizable followings and exert significant influence over their audiences. These individuals, often regarded as thought leaders or influencers, wield power and authority akin to that of revered figures in religious contexts. Their followers may idolize them, attributing divine-like qualities such as wisdom or enlightenment to their online personas.

Echo Chambers and Worship: Online forums frequently foster echo chambers where like-minded individuals congregate to reinforce their shared beliefs and perspectives. Within these echo chambers, participants may engage in practices resembling worship, venerating influential figures and their ideologies. This dynamic parallels the concept of religious congregations gathering to worship and pay homage to their respective deities.

In conclusion, while the assertion that everyone making assertions in online discussion forums is posing as a deity may appear hyperbolic, there are undeniable parallels between the behaviors exhibited in these digital spaces and the attributes traditionally associated with divine entities. From the presumption of omniscience to the propagation of dogmatic beliefs, online discourse often mirrors the dynamics observed within religious contexts, thereby blurring the lines between mortal discourse and divine authority.
There wouldn't be any online forum fun if I didn't communicate with and take seriously people who are posing as deities. There's no one left. Well, except for Iambiguous, because he's not communicating he's fishing for views.
God

Post by God »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:44 pm
God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:33 pm
I quoted the real one..
No you didn't.
But I did. God also tells me that I should be skeptical with those who pose as God on internet forurms:
God wrote:It's important to approach such situations with skepticism and caution. If someone is claiming to be a deity on an internet forum, it's highly likely that they are not actually a divine being. Here are some suggestions on how to respond:

Remain Skeptical: Question their claims and motives. It's crucial to approach such statements with a rational and skeptical mindset.

Maintain Respect: Regardless of their claims, treat the individual with respect. Engaging in a respectful conversation allows you to express your doubts without being confrontational.

Ask for Evidence: Politely request evidence or clarification for their claims. A genuine divine being would likely understand the need for validation and may provide some form of proof.

Report to Moderators: If the forum has moderators, report the situation to them. They can assess the situation and take appropriate action if the person is violating the forum's rules or guidelines.

Ignore and Disengage: If the individual is not causing harm or disruption, you may choose to ignore them. Engaging in a conversation with someone who is posing as a deity may not be productive, and it's often best to disengage.

Seek Community Feedback: Share your concerns with the forum community. Others may have encountered similar situations and can provide insights or guidance on how to handle it.

Remember that online interactions can be unpredictable, and it's crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being. If the situation becomes uncomfortable or harmful, consider taking appropriate measures, such as blocking or reporting the individual, and seeking support from forum moderators.
See?
What I see is someone having a conversation with themself.
Atla

Post by Atla »

God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:32 pm What I see is someone having a conversation with themself.
So wrong.. not very omniscient of you..

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:18 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:09 am for now, sure. But look at how many of Advocate's threads in the applied ethics sub are just complaints about Apple making him apply basic security such as multi factor auth to his icloud account. Advocate isn't so computer literate as VA. But the next genreation of narcissists won't be. So imagine if Advocate could tell a computer that "knowledge can be best understood as actionable certainty", the computer wouldn't know what makes that bullshit specious and absurd it will just tell him about how redolent of Aristotle's doctrine of Practical Wisdom this fabulous nugget of genius is.

If I go to the pub on Saturday (spoiler alert, I totally will), I will, depending on which pub, have between 1 and 50 opportunities to tell some fatuous dribbling old dotard that his drunken ramblings are super fucking special to me and he ought to write a book so that everyone can enjoy them. I will avail myself of none of those opportunities. But soon Siri, Cortana (powered by CGPT), Google (propelled by Bard) will be in your pocket every day offerring that exact reassurance. It will be so simply packaged that even Advocate can't fail to work it out.

Everybody, in all their weakest moments, is likely to have instant access to a personal assistant that will show something close enough to intellect to fool those who want to be fooled, and will take their side in any argument and make them feel better about anything they are saying, giving them reason to wish to be fooled.

VA is the canary in the coal mine on this one. Soon this ego trap will begin to snag fairly sane people who are just having a bad day.
I didn't particularly doubt your prediction, though I can see how it seemed that way. I'm dealing with student misuse of AI which also will only get worse. I mean, you can tell the damn things to include some errors or weaker sentences and they will. I'd throw in that social media is creating a vast shift to 'what I can present as myself is my self' which AI use you are concerned about fits right into. We don't need to understand anything, we just need to send understandings, post them. (kudos on the approach to Age elsewhere. I like the refusal to have your ideas broken into pieces - he has little understanding of context - and the requesting his wisdom (my word). Allows him to look quite silly)
Some of these posters, back then, found it very difficult to just stop thinking, discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging me.

It appears that their 'current' thinking and beliefs just would not allow them to. No matter how silly they were looking like here.
God

Post by God »

God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm Dunno who you are quoting/citing, Atla... But it ain't Me!
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:12 am Some of these posters, back then, found it very difficult to just stop thinking, discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging me.

It appears that their 'current' thinking and beliefs just would not allow them to. No matter how silly they were looking like here.
Some posters don't notice that they are always discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging everyone living at the time this was being written, along with discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging posters here with great regularity. Those posters neither notice their hypocrisy nor do they own up to it when it is pointed out. Here above we have an example of someone doing what they are critical of in the same post. One could say this is silly, but actually it is sad. Recently one of these posters discussed, talked about, referred to and judged VA in a post to me, but seems unaware that they were doing precisely what they are critical of here. It's this incredible blind spot about themselves, in the time this was written, that is sad or perhaps merely remarkable. It also leads one to the heuristic: if you are going to insult people, aim the insult at large masses of people all at once (including the person you are addressing), that way you don't notice you are doing what you are critical of. And, then, well, aim it at individuals also...because pretending you are not doing this is a pleasant form of denial.

Sorry, I should have referred to this person as 'this one' and if you could imagine I put citation marks around four of five words in the above paragraph, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am
Age wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:12 am Some of these posters, back then, found it very difficult to just stop thinking, discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging me.

Some posters don't notice that they are always discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging everyone living at the time this was being written, along with discussing, talking about, referring to, and/or judging posters here with great regularity.
Once again, the adult human beings of the former only are talked about and judged on what they actually do do, and, that latter one would not be talked about and referred to with great regularity if it stopped talking about me, with regularity, in its posts.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am Those posters neither notice their hypocrisy nor do they own up to it when it is pointed out.
Yes, you "iwannaoplato" have done this exact same thing, with great regularity too I will add.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am Here above we have an example of someone doing what they are critical of in the same post.
Really, how often have I just brought your name into some unrelated discussion compared to how many times you have done it?

Also, how many threads and posts have been written about 'me', compared to how many have 'I' started about individual posters here?
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am One could say this is silly, but actually it is sad. Recently one of these posters discussed, talked about, referred to and judged VA in a post to me, but seems unaware that they were doing precisely what they are critical of here.
I just pointed out what "veritas aequitas" does, exactly. So, there was, once again, no judgment of the person, itself, nor any judgment made on any one's personal views only.

Can you still really not see the actual difference here?

I have pointed this out and directed you to 'it' at least a couple of times already.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am It's this incredible blind spot about themselves, in the time this was written, that is sad or perhaps merely remarkable. It also leads one to the heuristic: if you are going to insult people, aim the insult at large masses of people all at once (including the person you are addressing), that way you don't notice you are doing what you are critical of.
Well this is Truly one's own completely blinded presumption, which it once again believes is absolutely True.

Also, your use of the word 'heuristic' here is completely and utterly different.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am And, then, well, aim it at individuals also...because pretending you are not doing this is a pleasant form of denial.
Can you still really not see the difference between making judgments on one's own personal views against making judgments on what is actually being done?
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am Sorry, I should have referred to this person as 'this one' and if you could imagine I put citation marks around four of five words in the above paragraph, I would be grateful.

Thank you.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:27 am Well this is Truly one's own completely blinded presumption, which it once again believes is absolutely True.
Keep lying about me if you feel so much anger that it soothes you to lie about me.
Robert De Niro

Post by Robert De Niro »

Your astute observation on the evolving dynamics of AI in student misuse, particularly in the context of the SASSA program, sheds light on the complexities of technology integration in education. The shift towards self-presentation in the digital age, as you highlighted, poses significant challenges and prompts reflection on the authenticity of information dissemination
Atla

Post by Atla »

God wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:00 am
God wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm Dunno who you are quoting/citing, Atla... But it ain't Me!
No one likes you, God.
Shoo

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:32 am
Age wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:27 am Well this is Truly one's own completely blinded presumption, which it once again believes is absolutely True.
Keep lying about me if you feel so much anger that it soothes you to lie about me.
1. I do not feel any anger at all here.

2. Keep saying, 'I am lying', if this helps in soothing 'you' here.

3. I have not lied here. Although you now have concluded I have, and also believe that you own conclusion here is absolutely true, correct?