Crop Circles

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Crop Circles

Post by Iwannaplato »

accelafine wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:32 pm Touchy little thing aren't you? Go be a crazy, gullible twat somewhere else then. There are tons of pseudoscience conspiracy sites out there. You won't have to put up with being irritated by anyone making fun of your nonsense on those.
Guess again who the touchy one is. You can't stand being in the same online forum with anyone who disagrees with you. I mean, when you were VT at least you could sort of add content or occasion. But now, reincarnated, it's just bile and hate and anyone who disagrees with you is not merely, say, arguing with weak justification, but insane or evil or both. You're like some person waking from a nightmare and smashing the furniture in the dark. In case you didn't know, people have different beliefs than you do. That's the way things are. It may hurt and it may scare you, but you are going to have to get used to that.

I know it's hard going through your day, having to interact with them IRL, but coming home and vomiting in an online forum...guess what....there will still be people out there who disagree with you, even though they shouldn't because you're such a sane genius.

I know...if only they'd recognize your sane geniosity. The world would be a better place. It's hard for you.

I'm sorry it is so hard for you.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Does anyone know what slarty fart blast up there is on about? Poor guy. Seems to have his knickers in a knot.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

accelafine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:41 am Does anyone know what slarty fart blast up there is on about? Poor guy. Seems to have his knickers in a knot.
I think he thinks you are Vegetarian Taxidermy (VT)...he's way off the mark. VT is far more witty with her condescension, probably more intelligent and a N-Zealand grandmother (I don't see those qualities in U)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:41 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:45 pm It's possible that the culprits (dastardly bunch, they) are able to spot people camping out or watching the fields, however, what about using camera drones that have no lights on them? That might catch someone unawares.
With all the ongoing interest, I'm guessing that all kinds of technology is being used. Evidently, there is no one to catch in the 'authentic' (non-manmade) cases... and there are no dogs barking, or farmers waking up, or cameras picking up activity, or people seeing anyone doing anything, or signs of entry... there are just some elaborate crop circles appearing almost instantly, which are then photographed and investigated by people who think it's significant. :)
The mystery calls for wild, speculative brainstorming.
Therefore:

How could it be a natural phenomenon?

- Perhaps, thermal activity.
- Subterranean peat would account for the heat.
- Undiscovered patterns of naturally occurring ratios such as those mentioned could be found in thermal activity under particular conditions.
- Any wind on the night of the circle creations? Swirling wind makes patterns of dead leaves on the ground, often circular or in lines.
- Elongated nodes on the plants might weaken the stalks, make them top heavy and subject to toppling over in the wind.
- Stalks above the hottest portions of geometric heat patterns would be the longest and the weakest, the most bendable.
- With weakened stalks below the nodes, and natural geometric patterns of heat displacement in subterranean heat because of the peat, swirling wind could tangle the stalks in woven-like patterns, bend the stalks, and preserve the grain.
- The weakening process would be slow, and the wind would make it happen all at once, in the relative coolness of the night when the temperature difference at the stalk is greatest.

Yes, it's full of holes. That's the nature of brainstorming that may lead to a lightbulb.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:54 am
accelafine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:41 am Does anyone know what slarty fart blast up there is on about? Poor guy. Seems to have his knickers in a knot.
I think he thinks you are Vegetarian Taxidermy (VT)...he's way off the mark. VT is far more witty with her condescension, probably more intelligent and a N-Zealand grandmother (I don't see those qualities in U)
Sounds exactly like VT trying to not sound like VT.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Alexiev wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:30 am As with many things, the crop circles are interesting and the theories about them are interesting. Hoaxes? Or aliens? Aren't there a myriad of other possibilities? God? Fairies? It is, perhaps, ethnocentric to think only human-like, space travelling aliens could possibly be the explanation. Maybe the culprit is something we haven't even thought about or imagined. The idea that crop circles are persuasive evidence for alien visitation is, to be generous, a stretch.
I agree. I think it's even a stretch to think that everything about our experience and reality is only physical. There are so many indications of something non-physical at work in this reality that we imagine is so solid. Perhaps crop circles are from inner space. :)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Crop circle with 'Beware...' message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52L8EK9OG04

Does anyone have information actually demonstrating that this was a hoax?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:23 pm Crop circle with 'Beware...' message:

All crop circles are hoaxes. Ask Doug Bower and Dave Chorley,

The original inventors long ago owned up to them, since then copy-cat makers have continued.
Only the gullible believe they are of alien origin.

What is special about the one posted?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I wonder how many starving children in the third world could have been fed by the portion of crops that get destroyed?

Bad aliens. No soup for you!
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Could you really be this thick? Even when the link is clicked on, an image appears of a bog-standard, cliche 'alien'. The narrator keeps saying things like 'some believe that' blah blah. You need to reconfigure your brain. It's letting you down at this point.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:42 pm

All crop circles are hoaxes. Ask Doug Bower and Dave Chorley,

The original inventors long ago owned up to them, since then copy-cat makers have continued.

Did you watch the entire video? It was really cool actually, whoever created them certainly knows their mathematics, I especially liked the one where a mathematician looked at it and said it was pi to x number of decimal places - fantastic art at the minimum.

Lacewing wrote:...
Have you seen anything regarding 'spontaneous human combustion'? --> most cases also seem to occur in Hampshire!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:42 pm All crop circles are hoaxes. Ask Doug Bower and Dave Chorley,

What is your reasoning for disagreeing with any of the information provided in the OP?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:20 pm I wonder how many starving children in the third world could have been fed by the portion of crops that get destroyed?

Bad aliens. No soup for you!
:lol: :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 am whoever created them certainly knows their mathematics, I especially liked the one where a mathematician looked at it and said it was pi to x number of decimal places - fantastic art at the minimum.
Yes! Artwork with intriguing details!

Interesting to see how some people are so quick to ignore and reject, without knowledge or any curiosity about what might be hidden amidst shallow distractions. Instant conclusions by shallow minds. There are always deeper levels to explore by those who aren't so lazy.
attofishpi wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 am Have you seen anything regarding 'spontaneous human combustion'? --> most cases also seem to occur in Hampshire!
No. It's shocking to consider... but I suppose our bodies are made up of a bunch of chemicals and compounds that might ignite in certain environmental conditions. :) Excessive alcohol might contribute.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

What 'information' have you provided? I can't find any on the thread.