An Itsy-Bitsy Universe?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

iambiguous

Re: An Itsy-Bitsy Universe?

Post by iambiguous »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:20 pm
iambiguous wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:21 am “The universe gives birth to consciousness, and consciousness gives meaning to the universe.” John Wheeler

And that explains what exactly?
Was that in the article?
Why do you ask?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:00 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:20 pm
iambiguous wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:21 am “The universe gives birth to consciousness, and consciousness gives meaning to the universe.” John Wheeler

And that explains what exactly?
Was that in the article?
Why do you ask?
I didn't see it in the text. I wondered why you were bringing in something from outside the text or if I missed something or if you thought it summed up his ideas in the text. Seemed odd, asked. Still don't know.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:24 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:20 pm Many options matter not, many decisions to chose from (plural) then ultimately when you decide, you are making a decision that is binary.
When you make a decision you do one thing. It's not binary. It has collapsed into whatever choice you made.
That (one thing) choice you made is binary, it's a YES to decide on it or a NO to decide on it.
Before, there can be many options, when you are deciding there's one, the one you choose.
I've got options before I choose, sometimes 2, sometimes many. After there are none. When making my choice, whatever it is, one.
You've spent many post ignoring what I'm writing and repeating yourself. Fine, OK. I withdraw my saying I could see truth in your view (but I find it less useful). I'll just repeat mine.

Perhaps someone will come along who can interact with other people's views and arguments. They need not concede anything to make it more interesting than this.

I should have noted your warning that I was going to lose the debate to heart. Not that I've lost, but rather how you might likely interact.

I'll leave you to others.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:24 pm When you make a decision you do one thing. It's not binary. It has collapsed into whatever choice you made.
That (one thing) choice you made is binary, it's a YES to decide on it or a NO to decide on it.
Before, there can be many options, when you are deciding there's one, the one you choose.
Why are you finding this so difficult to understand. It does NOT matter how many options there are. You make a choice, it is THAT choice whatever it may be that IS binary.

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 pmI've got options before I choose, sometimes 2, sometimes many. After there are none. When making my choice, whatever it is, one.
OPTIONS are irrelevant. The choice you make is what I am talking about all along.

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 pmYou've spent many post ignoring what I'm writing and repeating yourself. Fine, OK. I withdraw my saying I could see truth in your view (but I find it less useful). I'll just repeat mine.
You seem agitated, I honestly think that you do understand that I am correct.

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 pmPerhaps someone will come along who can interact with other people's views and arguments. They need not concede anything to make it more interesting than this.

I should have noted your warning that I was going to lose the debate to heart. Not that I've lost, but rather how you might likely interact.
YOU LOST.

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 pmI'll leave you to others.
Ah c'mon, we're still forum buddies! Let's agree to disagree then (..and of course, your choice will be binary :wink: )

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:20 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:12 pm But in many situations I have many options. So, I prefer to view decisions as not limited to binary options.
Many options matter not, many decisions to chose from (plural) then ultimately when you decide, you are making a decision that is binary.

There is NO choice made that is not binary, you either decide on THIS option or THAT option. There is no getting around this.
But there is, by those who would CLAIM that NO, ACTUAL, 'decision' even gets made, that is; determinism, or, by those who CLAIM 'nondual' exists.
river

Post by river »

As Raymond pointed out in his article , ITS before Bits . Which is true . The ITS with space , are the essence of bits .