Sleeping one night every two days..

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Sleeping one night every two days..

Post by attofishpi »

I've been sleeping one night every two days. On the night that I don't sleep I am working on my various projects, during the day times also.

I feel fine thus far.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by attofishpi on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Re: Polyphasic Sleep

Post by Walker »

When you do what you must, why may as well be ostensible.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:10 am I've been sleeping one night every two days. On the night that I don't sleep I am working on my various projects, during the day times also.

I feel fine thus far.

Any thoughts?
I don't know how old you are but that's very hard on the body. Unless you're some radical genetic exception. Also what you're doing isn't what is usually meant by polyphasic sleep, which is usually a bunch of short period of sleep.

Anyway...
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1821000309
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:33 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:10 am I've been sleeping one night every two days. On the night that I don't sleep I am working on my various projects, during the day times also.

I feel fine thus far.

Any thoughts?
I don't know how old you are but that's very hard on the body. Unless you're some radical genetic exception. Also what you're doing isn't what is usually meant by polyphasic sleep, which is usually a bunch of short period of sleep.

Anyway...
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1821000309
Thanks, looks like I gotta change the title! Going to sleep tonight, see how I go after that it certainly can't be good on the health, especially the brain function but I feel rather 'switched on'. I just watched two quiz shows and nailed em! (sort of, well it felt like I did better much better than usual on the 'educated guesses')
attofishpi

Re: Sleeping one night every two days..

Post by attofishpi »

I just stumbled upon this on X (twitter)

Einstein slept nearly 10 hours a day. He valued the significance of quality sleep for maintaining his well-being. His sleep routine, though, was out of the ordinary.
He regularly indulged in brief daytime naps, occasionally more than once a day. These quick naps, lasting just a few minutes, were thought by Einstein to revitalize his mental energy and creative thinking.

He felt that these short periods of rest gave him a renewed viewpoint to solve intricate scientific challenges.

(thus, explains I ain't no Einstein)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:52 am I just stumbled upon this on X (twitter)

Einstein slept nearly 10 hours a day. He valued the significance of quality sleep for maintaining his well-being. His sleep routine, though, was out of the ordinary.
He regularly indulged in brief daytime naps, occasionally more than once a day. These quick naps, lasting just a few minutes, were thought by Einstein to revitalize his mental energy and creative thinking.

He felt that these short periods of rest gave him a renewed viewpoint to solve intricate scientific challenges.

Sleep is my drug of choice, outside all the ones I take out of seeming necessity for being mentally screwed up.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:13 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:52 am I just stumbled upon this on X (twitter)

Sleep is my drug of choice, outside all the ones I take out of seeming necessity for being mentally screwed up.
Well, if you want to be a guinea-pig for pharma that's up to you. While I was keeping the government job-centre off my back via their shrinks - where they kept providing random new drugs to test on me, well, down the toilet they'd go.

I'm back to normal regular 24 hr sleep patterns, seems sensible...there were side effects!