Messianic Philosophy

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Loveyoubeloved

Messianic Philosophy

Post by Loveyoubeloved »

I am looking for open minded conversation.

Is it rational to believe that I can become the Messiah?

Let me explain myself. I have some special beliefs as to what the Messiah truly is. I do not believe the Messiah is God. I have spent time studying the Jewish, the Christian faith, and the Muslim faith. All are given my most honest reverence. I believe each faith has their truths and I believe each faith has made some mistakes in their dogma or how they understand religious texts.

I believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a prophecy waiting to be fulfilled and none of the story has actually happened yet. I believe that the miracles of Christ are metaphorical in meaning, so when it speaks of him walking on water, or turning water into wine, or feeding thousands with a loaf of bread, or even dying and resurrecting, then these are all symbolic in meaning and are not to be taken literally. I believe when Christ is said to give his body and blood, then the meaning of this is to give his prayer and my body and blood would be the word of scripture that I give as a prayer for all people.

I believe the miracles in the story of Christ are all symbolic of the miracle of writing a Holy Scripture. The prayer I give would be me asking that God grant me strength to be the Messiah. No religious text forbids one from praying to be a Holy Prophet. One who believes this is their destiny and that it is the divine will of Heaven that they become the messiah, would in fact pray that God gives them strength to fulfill this purpose. I believe that in any circumstance this is a righteous prayer to make and all prophets who have ever been inspired with divine revelation has indeed made this same prayer that God gives them the strength. And if that prayer is accepted then it is the will of God and none has any right to speak against such a prayer.

My question is, do I have the right to pray to fulfill this divine purpose and is this a rational pursuit considering my perspective of who the Messiah truly is?

God Bless You All.