Hamas and Netanyahu: Another Plague Upon Humanity

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Hamas and Netanyahu: Another Plague Upon Humanity

Post by Gary Childress »

Apparently, the Netanyahu government was monetarily backing Hamas for a while because they knew they could count on Hamas to undermine the legitimacy of the Palestinians crisis, giving the Netanyahu government the upper hand over the Palestinians instead of allowing more moderate Palestinian officials to protest Israeli control. Israeli extremists have been illegally advocating for Israeli settlements to overrun the Palestinians. It appears that Hamas and the Netanyahu government along with Israeli extremists all need to go. Fuck both groups. Both Israel and Gaza deserve better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9PKQbkJv8
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Re: Hamas and Netanyahu: Another Plague Upon Humanity

Post by Gary Childress »

All in the name of their respective "God". What evil and wicked people claim to be people of "God". Most atheists I've ever met have been against war, and violence and subscribe to what is called "humanism" the belief that all people are worthy of dignity and fair means to live. And for this some say that atheists cannot be moral or know what morality is. Shame on those who profess that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The title of the thread is misleading. I figure, intentionally so.

What's in the link?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:06 am The title of the thread is misleading. I figure, intentionally so.

What's in the link?
Don't bother Wanker. You're fucking delusional. Maybe I should have titled the thread, "Netanyahu hates Israel", then it might appeal to you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

What is the link about?
What does the link mean to you?
Why is the link important?
Can you summarize the link in a few words?

Did you question and realize the misleading nature of the thread title, and if so, did you sweep that true realization aside in favour of a passive-aggressive assertion of a biased narrative?

So many questions for you to answer, upon my command that you do.

Spark my interest ... ignorance manifesting as baseless insults may be your thing, as much as advancing dyslexia is mine*, however it's inappropriate.

* I figure it's because of attention on the big picture, and sorting out the detritis of thought (words) is editing fodder for the technicians.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Largest Pro-Israel Rally in US History as 290,000 Take to National Mall to Condemn Antisemitism
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/11/14 ... m-n2166359
7 major differences between the anti-Israel protests and the pro-Israel rally today at the National Mall:
1. Nobody was assaulted.
2. There were many American flags.
3. There was no racism or bigotry.
4. Nobody was hiding behind a face mask.
5. Concern was expressed for innocents on the other side.
6. It was bipartisan.
7. It was much, much larger!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:08 pm Largest Pro-Israel Rally in US History as 290,000 Take to National Mall to Condemn Antisemitism
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/11/14 ... m-n2166359
7 major differences between the anti-Israel protests and the pro-Israel rally today at the National Mall:
1. Nobody was assaulted.
2. There were many American flags.
3. There was no racism or bigotry.
4. Nobody was hiding behind a face mask.
5. Concern was expressed for innocents on the other side.
6. It was bipartisan.
7. It was much, much larger!
No one has said Hamas' attack was in any way OK. However, many of us are not interested in Israel's continued destruction of Gaza, idiot.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:36 pm No one has said Hamas' attack was in any way OK. However, many of us are not interested in Israel's continued destruction of Gaza, idiot.
Would you explain, Gary, what you think Israel should do, now that Hamas has declared itself totally committed to genocide if Israel stops?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:51 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:36 pm No one has said Hamas' attack was in any way OK. However, many of us are not interested in Israel's continued destruction of Gaza, idiot.
Would you explain, Gary, what you think Israel should do, now that Hamas has declared itself totally committed to genocide if Israel stops?
That's an incredibly easy question to answer. I think Israel should stop trying to get back at Hamas by blowing the fuck out of random Palestinians. If they want to beat Hamas, then do it another way. What a "Godly" Christian you are. "Turn the other cheek", right?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:58 pm
That's an incredibly easy question to answer. I think Israel should stop trying to get back at Hamas by blowing the fuck out of random Palestinians.
"Random Palestinians?" :shock: It seems to me that all evidence is that they're minimizing civilian casualties, even among those who danced in the streets when they were being kidnapped, raped and massacred. But maybe you have evidence I don't know. What's your evidence?
If they want to beat Hamas, then do it another way.
Excellent. What's your "other way"?

Is it anything like this? https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OGmr6vD7f_w
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:11 pm
That's an incredibly easy question to answer. I think Israel should stop trying to get back at Hamas by blowing the fuck out of random Palestinians.
"Random Palestinians?" :shock: It seems to me that all evidence is that they're minimizing civilian casualties, even among those who danced in the streets when they were being kidnapped, raped and massacred. But maybe you have evidence I don't know. What's your evidence?
My mistake. Gravity bombs and "guided" projectiles carrying explosives don't kill innocent civilians. They only hit their intended targets. The shrapnel is created to seek out Hamas fighters. I'm just not as enlightened as all you "Christians" out there are.

It's clear to me that destroying Gaza is not going to solve anything. Do you believe that the current destruction going on in Gaza is going to significantly solve anything?
Walker

Post by Walker »

John Kennedy
US Senator from Louisana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVoxVvJ2maU

“Peace through weakness never works. These are hard men. They interpret being a nice guy, quoting Socrates to them, they interpret that as a weakness and that is what this administration has been doing. It’s been quoting Socrates to our enemies when we’re in a bar fight. That’s the way I see it.”

(The link is his reasoning that leads to this conclusion.)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:50 pm John Kennedy
US Senator from Louisana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVoxVvJ2maU

“Peace through weakness never works. These are hard men. They interpret being a nice guy, quoting Socrates to them, they interpret that as a weakness and that is what this administration has been doing. It’s been quoting Socrates to our enemies when we’re in a bar fight. That’s the way I see it.”

(The link is his reasoning that leads to this conclusion.)
Walker searches the web to find the best example of a bumpkin being strung along by a pack of jerks?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:31 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:11 pm

My mistake. Gravity bombs and "guided" projectiles carrying explosives don't kill innocent civilians.
They do, of course. That's what we call a "war." And all wars are bad. So we can agree on that.

It's clear to me that destroying Gaza is not going to solve anything.
Well, that's not what Israel is apparently doing. They seem to be destroying the tunnels while doing their best not to kill civilians. I saw today film of them sending supplies to civilians, and also flooding terrorist tunnels, which is sure better than bombing them out. It seems about all one could do, given a war. Not that anybody wants to be given a war, of course.

But Hamas has Israel in an awful "Catch-22," a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. If they stop, Hamas wins and kills more of them again -- they have declared utter commitment to genocide, as have many of their followers around the world. If they go ahead and root out Hamas, some civilians are going to die in the fighting -- some at Israeli hands, but many at the hands of Hamas, who are using them as cannon-fodder and human shields.

And I'd love to say that Hamas is only speaking for Hamas: but all the Palestinians who have time after time rejected any two-state solution, and the civilians who danced in the streets, or the ones who chant "from the river to the sea," meaning, "kill all the Jews and eliminate Israel," or who chanted "gas the Jews" during their recent marches, are not official members of Hamas. Nor are the Iranian Islamists, who are only too happy, it seems, to fund the killing of the Jews. What's to be done about them all using the Gazans as pawns?

So again, what is this "other way" you propose they should act? I'd be very interested if you've got an alternative for them. I'm sure they would be, too.
Maybe offering some Gazans Israeli citizenship? That's hard, but it's better than killing people. But given the hatred they already had for the Jews, how can you now trust them to behave themselves and honour their new citizenship?

As a Christian, I deplore war. But the Gazans are mostly Muslims, and they don't. And the current Israeli government is secular, and they don't -- although they seem to have more of a conscience than Hamas, at least. What's your proposal?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:38 pm So again, what is this "other way" you propose they should act? I'd be very interested if you've got an alternative for them. I'm sure they would be, too.
Maybe offering some Gazans Israeli citizenship? That's hard, but it's better than killing people. But given the hatred they already had for the Jews, how can you now trust them to behave themselves and honour their new citizenship?

As a Christian, I deplore war. But the Gazans are mostly Muslims, and they don't. And the current Israeli government is secular, and they don't -- although they seem to have more of a conscience than Hamas, at least. What's your proposal?
Well, if were me, right after the attacks, I would probably start trying to negotiate to get the hostages back, bury the dead, treat the wounded, and try to rebuild some of the wreckage. What else ought a person do?

I'm the last one who will probably jump in a tank and start shooting at someone or into a jet and start dropping bombs, because I'm not fond of getting killed myself and I don't expect anyone else to do that to anyone else on my behalf. I assume the first thing someone else would do when trying to do something like that on my behalf is fuck everything up. And that's what is happening with the victims and their families in Israel at the hands of the hard-liners in their government. I've had enough of people fucking my life up. I would prefer to cut my losses.