WHY are CHRISTIANS CHILD molesters?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: WHY are CHRISTIANS CHILD molesters?

Post by Sculptor »

Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:43 pm There are any number of possible explanations, including:

1) Statistical biases. Statistics about sex crimes are notoriously inaccurate (I have no idea where Sculptor got his). Perhaps Christians (or conservatives) report pedophiles more often than Godless atheists. Statistics about pedophelia are not necessarily credible.
THe link is in the OP. After years of trans and drag queens being blamed for sex crimes they have not committed. THis database was built to demonstrate "who is making the news" when it comes to child abuse in the USA. THese are date taken from new reports. As yet no drag queens have made the news, and only 1 trans person all year. The data are fully adjusted per capita.

2) Correlation. If (as just one example) educated or rich people are less likely to be pedophiles and more likely to be liberal atheists, that might be an explanation.
THis explains nothing.

3) Conflation of "sex crimes". If Christians think any fornication is a horrid sin, they may conflate pedophelia with fornication. I'll bet liberal atheists fornicate more regularly than Conservative Christians (although both groups doubtless fail to trod the straight and narrow in that regard).
No we are talking about people CONVICTED with crimes severe enough to be reported in the media.
Nothing to do with forniction. Please follow the link.

4) My theory about Catholic Priests. I'm sure some pedophiles see the priesthood as an opportunity. However, I'll bet many pedophiles are aware of their sexual predilictions, and join the priesthood because they recognize their own evil desires and wish to supress them. Then they fail to remain abstinent.
This is a poor arguement. It takes a great deal of effort to become a priest. I would argue that ceibacy is an unnatural state liable to twist the mond. But I do not think going through the pain of "taking the cloth" would be an attractive prospect just for the opportunity to get hands on a child. THough these things are gernerational and previously buggered boys thinking this practice was normalised may be atrracted to a career in the church mght be possible.

5) When GK Chesterton was asked why he became a Christian, he said, "To get rid of my sins." Christianity may be attractive to people with sinful desires (such as pedophelia). In fact, Christianity might (for all we know) prevent pedophelia,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
now THAT is funny.
Possibly the dumbest thing I have read in a long time.
... but also attract those with perverse sexual desires that they wish to eliminate, sometimes unsuccessfully.
So what you are aying is that chistianity is having your cakes and eating it too. Hilarious.
Suppose -- based on this theory - that instead of Christianity "causing" pedophelia, pedophelia "Causes" conversion to Christianity. If that is the case, it is possible that Christianity lowers the incidence of child abuse for those pedophiles who practice Christianity, but there is still a higher rate of abuse than there is for non-Christians.
Totally bonkers!

Getting caught with yout hand up the cassock has meant promotion in the RCC.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:13 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:49 am Wow.

I wonder how one determines whether one actually believes there is a God to consider such a statistic.

Clearly atheist paedophiles have been infiltrating churches for aeons, much like many institutions that have children in the midst.
Where is your evidence?
Where is your evidence? Just post a map of the US and suggest that all the molestation of children in those states are from Christians, ridiculous.

Christ never would condone molesting children ergo child molesters are clearly not Christians!! The two are mutually exclusive :wink:

..and I will add, since I was raised through a RCC upbringing and now in adulthood - the only child molesters I personally know of (two of them) have been ATHEISTS!! ..go figure eh.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:00 am the only child molesters I personally know of (two of them) have been ATHEISTS!! ..go figure eh.
They couldn't have been true atheists. 🙂
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:01 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:00 am the only child molesters I personally know of (two of them) have been ATHEISTS!! ..go figure eh.
Maybe, maybe they believe in santa or something. In any case it must be well past your bedtime young fella! :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:05 am
Harbal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:01 am
Maybe, maybe they believe in santa or something. In any case it must be well past your bedtime young fella! :D
:D

Good night. 🥱 😴
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:00 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:49 am Wow.

I wonder how one determines whether one actually believes there is a God to consider such a statistic.

Clearly atheist paedophiles have been infiltrating churches for aeons, much like many institutions that have children in the midst.
Where is your evidence?
Where is your evidence? Just post a map of the US and suggest that all the molestation of children in those states are from Christians, ridiculous.
I suppose you are too sypuid, or have a lack of attention span to follow the link.

Christ never would condone molesting children ergo child molesters are clearly not Christians!! The two are mutually exclusive :wink:
Tell that to generations of Catholic priests, abusing children; socially , sexually. Institutionally. And all the Bishops that covered it up, for 100s of years.

..and I will add, since I was raised through a RCC upbringing and now in adulthood - the only child molesters I personally know of (two of them) have been ATHEISTS!! ..go figure eh.
Bollocks
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:57 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:00 am

Where is your evidence?
I suppose you are too sypuid, or have a lack of attention span to follow the link.

Tell that to generations of Catholic priests, abusing children; socially , sexually. Institutionally. And all the Bishops that covered it up, for 100s of years.

Bollocks
Hey, how is one to build statistics on ATHEISTS? It's not like they all register at schools, childcare centres, churches... etc..as ATHEISTS!! :roll:

..humans are disgusting no matter what their beliefs. :twisted:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:02 am ..humans are disgusting no matter what their beliefs. :twisted:
Exactly and that is why I am an atheist. I do not have to believe anything.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:09 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:02 am ..humans are disgusting no matter what their beliefs. :twisted:
Fuck off..back to that ol' chestnut - you believe all sorts of bollocks, including there not being an intelligence (beyond u) to all you perceive (God).
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:11 am
Fuck off..back to that ol' chestnut - you believe all sorts of bollocks, including there not being an intelligence (beyond u) to all you perceive (God).
I started this thread if you don't like it I do not think that gives you the right to tell me to fuck off.
Why has this thread hit such a raw nerve??
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:17 am

I started this thread if you don't like it I do not think that gives you the right to tell me to fuck off.
Sorry, I didn't mean fuck off as in "FUCK OFF" - more as a negation to what you stated (wrong or right) sometimes here in Oz we say it sort of in jest.

Everything is pissing me off. I have spent the last three nights telling God and Christ they are disgusting forms of Jew ...bla bla bla

IT (God) exists - but rarely do I see any actual "Christian" to it - "forgiveness" appears to be bollocks.

REALITY is BOLLOCKS - I am not certain to believe that people/children are being torn apart ..based on what I have witnessed of this 'God' entity.

..to be honest..fuck nose.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:25 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:17 am

Sorry, I didn't mean fuck off as in "FUCK OFF" - more as a negation to what you stated (wrong or right) sometimes here in Oz we say it sort of in jest.

Everything is pissing me off. I have spent the last three nights telling God and Christ they are disgusting forms of Jew ...bla bla bla

IT (God) exists - but rarely do I see any actual "Christian" to it - "forgiveness" appears to be bollocks.

REALITY is BOLLOCKS - I am not certain to believe that people/children are being torn apart ..based on what I have witnessed of this 'God' entity.

..to be honest..fuck nose.
Seriously If you don't like the thread, and do not want to engage with the facts I sincerely suggest you fuck off and find another thread to pour your vitriolic bollock juice on.

Were you abused as a child, because I seem to have hit a raw nerve here.
Last edited by Sculptor on Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:39 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:14 pm So what is it about Christianity that makes its practicioners child abusers?

I thought the answer was due to Catholic celibacy, but that does not explain the figures.

https://www.whoismakingnews.com

Other indicators : Republicans more than Democrats. and Red States, rather than Blue. abuse.jpg
correlation.jpg
Facts speak for themselves once they're posted. Either the statistics are wrong or they are not. That is your task, to explain the correlation or to show the data is wrong.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:05 pm Facts speak for themselves once they're posted. Either the statistics are wrong or they are not. That is your task, to explain the correlation or to show the data is wrong.
And what do these "facts" tell you? What is that needs explaining about correlations? What is it that you think you have learned when two variables correlate?
chart.png
chart.png (32.94 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
chart (1).png
chart (1).png (34.12 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
Attachments
chart (2).png
chart (2).png (31.53 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:05 pm Facts speak for themselves once they're posted. Either the statistics are wrong or they are not. That is your task, to explain the correlation or to show the data is wrong.
And what do these "facts" tell you? What is that needs explaining about correlations? What is it that you think you have learned when two variables correlate?

chart.png
chart (1).png
If the world is such that Nicolas Cage film appearances correlate with drowning, then we sort of assume that it's "just correlation" because of Nicolas Cage's film appearances that drowning occurs. They seem completely unrelated, however, there is no proof we can cite that it is not true other than to say it's absurd to think Nicolas Cage's film appearances cause drowning. On the other hand, is it absurd to think that religion has some sort of non-coincidental relationship with pedophilia?

If Nicolas Cage movies were all incidences where Nicolas Cage threw himself into a lake to drown, and his movies correlated with people throwing themselves into lakes to drown, then we might take another look or think differently, however, there seems to be no possible connection between the two, at least to the best of our understanding of the world. What if there is a correlation between fathers who keep their guns in unlocked drawers next to their beds and children who accidentally shoot themselves? If that is/were the case, then should we say it's just correlation or should we suspect there might be some sort of causal link?