What Women And Men Want

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: What Women And Men Want

Post by Walker »

LuckyR wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:39 pm Oversimplify much? This entire thread, starting with the OP, tries to assign commonality into a Real World of contrasting and differing styles, tendancies and preferences.
- Women have a tendency to mix up emotions with the objectivity that makes interpersonal, daily relationships into a jnani-like, philosophical pathway.
- For example, the inherent need of woman to knock man off balance is the root of this pop tune’s universal intellectual popularity and the meaning behind the lyrics, which of course relies on the experience of the viewer about 70% for effectiveness.
- At the risk of inviting graphics of roots, the lyrics of the tune reach for the root.

- The lyrics tell of the whackiness of women, then asks a question, then tells what women want, and it's told by a woman. All one must do is click link to solve the riddle. How could you not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Df30fBLII
Last edited by Walker on Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 amMen are searching for something real, something honest, something apart from the non-sense of organized life.

I have never met a woman satisfied with anything.
When you are satisfied with your woman, you will satisfy her and she will be your love and light forever, and you will be hers.

The Invitation
It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon.

I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true

I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.

If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, ‘Yes.’

It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have.

I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:12 pmAnd if you're a man, you can plug yourself in, as well, and see what percentage of the population shares your particular date-market traits. Also interesting.
That's how they get ya. Uh huh.

:|
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:50 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:12 pmAnd if you're a man, you can plug yourself in, as well, and see what percentage of the population shares your particular date-market traits. Also interesting.
That's how they get ya.
You should look it up. I don't understand your response, in light of what it is.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I don't doubt you. Just a little bit of funny that would vanish with an explanation. No big deal here.
Alexiev

Post by Alexiev »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 pm
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 amMen are searching for something real, something honest, something apart from the non-sense of organized life.

I have never met a woman satisfied with anything.
When you are satisfied with your woman, you will satisfy her and she will be your love and light forever, and you will be hers.

The Invitation
It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon.

I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true

I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.

If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, ‘Yes.’

It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have.

I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
Oriah doesn't seem to care about women at all. Their everyday life bores him. He likes the delusion, not the reality. He doesn't care "what (she) has studied" because he's interested only in himself, and his relationships. Perhaps the woman reads books that constitute "studying". But, despite his phony desire to know "if you can be alone", please don't mention any of YOUR interests. Oriah doesn't care.

Have you considered feeding the children yourself, Oriah? Or is that "women's work"?

Certainly none of us want to "remember the limits of being human." The prosaic reality of actually living in the world bores Oriah. News flash: we all have to live in the world. We can recognize that fact, and still see beauty. We can be reasonably cautious, and still find adventure. We can shrivel from pain, and recover.

Oriah's rant sounds like a phony pick-up line. He wants a woman who is not afraid to be a fool, and any woman who falls for his palp qualifies.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Oriah Mountain Dreamer's birth name is Caroline House. She became ill with severe ME/CFS at thirty years of age.

What is the meaning of the poem The Invitation?
"The Invitation" is a declaration of intent, a map into the longing of the soul, the desire to live passionately, face-to-face with ourselves and skin-to-skin with the world around us, to settle for nothing less than what is real."

ME/CFS often makes it hard to keep a job, go to school, and take part in family and social life. ME/CFS can last for years and sometimes leads to serious disability. At least one in four ME/CFS patients is bed- or house-bound for long periods during their illness.
Alexiev

Post by Alexiev »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:45 pm Oriah Mountain Dreamer's birth name is Caroline House. She became ill with severe ME/CFS at thirty years of age.

What is the meaning of the poem The Invitation?
"The Invitation" is a declaration of intent, a map into the longing of the soul, the desire to live passionately, face-to-face with ourselves and skin-to-skin with the world around us, to settle for nothing less than what is real."

ME/CFS often makes it hard to keep a job, go to school, and take part in family and social life. ME/CFS can last for years and sometimes leads to serious disability. At least one in four ME/CFS patients is bed- or house-bound for long periods during their illness.
I guessed wrong on Oriah's gender, but my critique still holds. Oriah doesn't want to be judged by worldly standards (which makes sense, I suppose, since she is chronically fatigued). Instead, she wants to attract a man through the poetic quality of her soul. However, if her maudlin poem is any indication, she over rates that quality. All of us have poetic souls because, more important, all of us have human souls. What we (Oriah included) don't have is the ability to write good poetry.

Oriah wishes people would "put aside worldly things", which would benefit her. But sex and love ARE worldly things. The saints love everyone equally. The rest of us prefer to love one person (or several people) more than anyone else. That's because we are worldly, even earthy.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:40 pm
LuckyR wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:39 pm Oversimplify much? This entire thread, starting with the OP, tries to assign commonality into a Real World of contrasting and differing styles, tendancies and preferences.
- Women have a tendency to mix up emotions with the objectivity that makes interpersonal, daily relationships into a jnani-like, philosophical pathway.
- For example, the inherent need of woman to knock man off balance is the root of this pop tune’s universal intellectual popularity and the meaning behind the lyrics, which of course relies on the experience of the viewer about 70% for effectiveness.
- At the risk of inviting graphics of roots, the lyrics of the tune reach for the root.

- The lyrics tell of the whackiness of women, then asks a question, then tells what women want, and it's told by a woman. All one must do is click link to solve the riddle. How could you not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Df30fBLII
Well you don't have to take my word for it, just think about it logically, if anyone thinks the differences between two groups are important, there should be statistical evidence that the difference between the two groups is greater than that within each group.

Thus why laypersons are comfortable that their personal status is quite different from the average of the other group, yet don't consider that it is even more different than outliers within their own group. It's psychology (and statistics), not philosophy.
Last edited by LuckyR on Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

One of the best things about getting older [as a guy] is that your genitalia no longer controls your mind. When you begin to see how much the natural desire to partake in reproduction [as a younger man] controls your behavior [and how much women exploit this], you look at women VERY differently. This is why most older guys have zero tolerance for the manipulative games women play.

If you eliminated the sex drive of younger men, I don't believe any younger guy would ever have much to do with women...and that's pretty darn sad.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:00 pm Maybe you didn't explain it well.
I think this does a fair job, based on my experience with my angel. What should I add?

Women are beautiful, lovely, nurturing, the core of the family. When the woman is unhappy, the world is unhappy. When the woman is happy, the bloom of roses fills the air.
Sure. I was responding to the other things you said.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:19 pm I just wanted to point out how women generally communicate. And if you believe you have any clue how I, "see things," then you are delusional.

Just stick to the issue and stop trying to psychoanalyze and judge. You cannot possibly understand another person's motivations [they can't even understand them] as they are cultivated by an entire lifetime's experience.
Uh, okay... we wouldn't want any of that here. :D
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:04 pm
simplicity wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:19 pm I just wanted to point out how women generally communicate. And if you believe you have any clue how I, "see things," then you are delusional.

Just stick to the issue and stop trying to psychoanalyze and judge. You cannot possibly understand another person's motivations [they can't even understand them] as they are cultivated by an entire lifetime's experience.
Uh, okay... we wouldn't want any of that here. :D
The point I was attempting to make is that men and women are really different. That's all.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 pm "One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present..."
Oh yeh, baby!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:09 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 pm "One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present..."
Oh yeh, baby!
👍