What Women And Men Want

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: What Women And Men Want

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:15 am
Lacewing wrote:What have I said that looks like pronouncements?
Instead of sticking with the substance of the conversation, you decided to pronounce how sad my life has been and that I should take solace in the fact that I am not dead yet.
Not at all what was intended by my comments, which I thought were in alignment with the conversation. Sorry if I offended you. Thanks for the insight into how you see things.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:55 am Woman has the innate tendency to try and keep man off balance. Keeping man off balance and in doubt is woman’s way to control man. This is a necessary design because woman is less physically powerful and at times must stick up for herself.

Often when man is reaching for truth, man thinks woman is also reaching for truth. This assumption can lead to confusion and frustration in man, but not in woman, for his frustration is evidence of her control.

Woman often reaches for no further understanding than the control buttons.
Wow... evil women!

Are you sure that your confusion and lack of balance and concepts of truth are not based on your own limitations?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:55 am Woman has the innate tendency to try and keep man off balance. Keeping man off balance and in doubt is woman’s way to control man. This is a necessary design because woman is less physically powerful and at times must stick up for herself.
Okay, that's a good starting point.

It would be quite natural for the weaker individual to prefer methods that limit the strength of the stronger, if the strength of the stronger could be used to do her harm, in any way. It wouldn't be so bad if the man's strength were always used to promote good; but where the danger that it will result in harm or in unfair competition, the sensible thing for the weaker partner to do would be to arrange for the strength of the man to be clipped.
Often when man is reaching for truth, man thinks woman is also reaching for truth.
I'm not sure I understand this. I looks like you're saying something like "women are just deceivers," but that looks too simplistic, to me. Can you refine that claim in any way?
One method of cultivating balance is to develop magnanimity, and other manly qualities.
Yes, that would be good. If men were magnanimous and manly, then the conflict between his strength and her relative vulnerability would be compensated for by the virtues the man applied in his use of strength.

But looking at it from the perspective of the woman, how is that to be done?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 am

Often when man is reaching for truth, man thinks woman is also reaching for truth. This assumption can lead to confusion and frustration in man, but not in woman, for his frustration is evidence of her control.

Wow... evil women!

Are you sure that your confusion and lack of balance and concepts of truth are not based on your own limitations?
What a total misinterpretation!

Women are beautiful, lovely, nurturing, the core of the family. When the woman is unhappy, the world is unhappy. When the woman is happy, the bloom of roses fills the air.

If you can so severely mishapprehend the reality of now, what hope do you have of understanding heaven? (As I recall, that is in the biblical chapter you should have read when it was suggested to you through the voice of IC, and this is an application of the verse to what's happening now). If you had read it, perhaps you would understand what's ahappenin' now.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:50 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 am

Wow... evil women!

What a total misinterpretation!
Maybe you didn't explain it well.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:15 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:55 am Often when man is reaching for truth, man thinks woman is also reaching for truth.
I'm not sure I understand this. I looks like you're saying something like "women are just deceivers," but that looks too simplistic, to me. Can you refine that claim in any way?
Take an example. In dialogue, you yourself deal in rationality, you rightly place a primacy on rationality in a situation where we exist intellectually as words and their meaning, and you pursue an effective communication of truth for the benefit of humanity, one person at a time.

On the other hand, a woman controlled by her biological tendencies to assert control by testing the balance, in the manner that women control, will not have the same objective in the dialogue.

Her primary purpose is not yours. Your purpose is to reveal the truth of the content. Her primary purpose is just to knock you off balance, and pleading ignorance to content is but one tactic in the bag of tricks.

That’s but one aspect of women that makes them mysterious, intriguing, lovely, mystifying, warm and welcoming, and this is caused in part by their Tralldom With Chaos (gene to be isolated) that initiates sometimes devious, sometimes spontaneously creative methods of distracting man. The presence of a woman is the ultimate challenge to the balance of man, and she makes him a better man for it.

Delilah was good at it. She lulled Sampson, a manly man if there ever was one, into such trust that he fell asleep and surrendered awareness to the care of her presence. Tsk tsk. His beginning, prompted by woman, was the hard way and he suffered after that. Wasn’t he just so full of himself before she gave him the haircut. However eventually, he endeavoured to persevere, and he found his true self-concept as the vessel of God.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:00 pm Maybe you didn't explain it well.
I think this does a fair job, based on my experience with my angel. What should I add?

Women are beautiful, lovely, nurturing, the core of the family. When the woman is unhappy, the world is unhappy. When the woman is happy, the bloom of roses fills the air.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:42 am
simplicity wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:15 am
Lacewing wrote:What have I said that looks like pronouncements?
Instead of sticking with the substance of the conversation, you decided to pronounce how sad my life has been and that I should take solace in the fact that I am not dead yet.
Not at all what was intended by my comments, which I thought were in alignment with the conversation. Sorry if I offended you. Thanks for the insight into how you see things.
You didn't offend me. I just wanted to point out how women generally communicate. And if you believe you have any clue how I, "see things," then you are delusional.

Just stick to the issue and stop trying to psychoanalyze and judge. You cannot possibly understand another person's motivations [they can't even understand them] as they are cultivated by an entire lifetime's experience.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:00 pm Maybe you didn't explain it well.
I think this does a fair job, based on my experience with my angel. What should I add?

Equal amount of good and bad in everything.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Oversimplify much? This entire thread, starting with the OP, tries to assign commonality into a Real World of contrasting and differing styles, tendancies and preferences.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 pm

The bottom-line is that women are NEVER satisfied and men have very simple needs.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:08 pm Her primary purpose is not yours. Your purpose is to reveal the truth of the content. Her primary purpose is just to knock you off balance,
I don't know about that. I'd have to think that through. Maybe there are female participants here who could speak to that. I can only guess their motives.

For fun, and on another note, I observe that somebody has created a "female delusion calculator" online. There, women can input their personal preferences for a man using a half-dozen basic and common categories, such as height, weight, age, marital status and income. It crunches their criteria against the percentage of actual males that the census shows exist in America, and tells them the percentage of males who fit their criteria.

It's not coded to anybody's beliefs. It's coded to census data, apparently. So it renders a purely statistical likelihood of locating a man of a particular calibre.

An interesting exercise for any woman. And if you're a man, you can plug yourself in, as well, and see what percentage of the population shares your particular date-market traits. Also interesting.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:12 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:08 pm Her primary purpose is not yours. Your purpose is to reveal the truth of the content. Her primary purpose is just to knock you off balance,
I don't know about that. I'd have to think that through. Maybe there are female participants here who could speak to that. I can only guess their motives.
:thumbsup:

Alertness to examples as they appear is a good organizing method. No rush, let the truth unfold in dynamics.