What Women And Men Want

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: What Women And Men Want

Post by Walker »

LuckyR wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:03 pm It's psychology (and statistics), not philosophy.
Seems to be more like philosophy based on empirical evidence.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Women and Men want what they want. That's all there is to it. It's really that simple.

Having what you want, and wanting what you have...is the ultimate satisfaction for both Men and Women.

If for whatever reason the satisfaction starts to wear off, then the decent thing to do would be to split and go your separate ways.
What's the point in flogging a dead horse?...NONE AT ALL...So off you both trot.

As for children being born into the male and female relationship...both the man and the woman should at least ask themselves 2 questions before they agree to copulate. Question 1: Am I willing to take the risk of pregnancy. And question 2: Am I willing to raise the baby by myself, all alone, if the relationship doesn't work out. If the answer is 'yes' to both questions, then go ahead and copulate.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pm both the man and the woman should at least ask themselves 2 questions before they agree to copulate. Question 1: Am I willing to take the risk of pregnancy. And question 2: Am I willing to raise the baby by myself, all alone, if the relationship doesn't work out. If the answer is 'yes' to both questions, then go ahead and copulate.
Well, that's surely going to spoil the mood! :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:15 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pm both the man and the woman should at least ask themselves 2 questions before they agree to copulate. Question 1: Am I willing to take the risk of pregnancy. And question 2: Am I willing to raise the baby by myself, all alone, if the relationship doesn't work out. If the answer is 'yes' to both questions, then go ahead and copulate.
I agree Lacewing. :lol:

And that seems to be the whole problem, because people are simply driven by their spontaneous sexual impulses, and desires in the moment. Their emotions and moods take over, and are always in the immediate moment, there also seems to be a mutual taste for instant gratification. Moreover, their physical urges are triggered by their hormonal activity in the presence of each other, in other words, they just cannot help themselves, so there doesn't seem to be any room to take off their rose coloured glasses, or think about the consequences of what they are doing or getting themselves into. So the consequences of these driving forces of nature, are more or less always dealt with afterward, in hindsight, when it's often too late to turn back the clock.

Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

hedonism is wonderful isn't it?

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:49 pm hedonism is wonderful isn't it?

-Imp
:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pm Women and Men want what they want. That's all there is to it. It's really that simple.
Really? You forgot about that old chestnut, It Is What It Is.

Slick Willie Clinton trailblazed complications into that simplicity by saying is depends on the definition of is, and you have to give him credit, he said it under oath. Invoking philosophical sophism as a legal defense is rather ballsy. Confident of his bullshit, which is about all he had at that point other than fessin'up.

He deserves a medal for surviving Hillary.

It's funny. If man says words have meaning, woman somewhere will have that ol' knee-jerk reaction (and women know what I mean) to play with words and give them no meaning, in order to show evidence of the arbitrary nature of words in relation to non-duality, even though stating as such would run contrary to words with meaning.

The thing is, when existence is words, existence hinges on the necessary duality of words just as non-dual existence actually does hinge on duality, because a hungry man has to eat (You may laugh, now).

The lesson: learn all you can about the elements comprising a situation. Words, job, skills, the law to deal with cops and computers to deal with lots of stuff.

I know, boring. Men want the ordering of words and women need to knock that off balance in favour of what's really "important".
Last edited by Walker on Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pmHaving what you want, and wanting what you have...is the ultimate satisfaction for both Men and Women.
You are kidding, right?

Although that might work [momentarily] for the hedonist in us all, this path results in profound misery [look out any window for unlimited examples].
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:15 pm
Both men and women would likely say yes to a hit record, but for different reasons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yXdbXl-lno
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gaga says what this song means to her. To other women, the song don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that schwing, but some say it’s the singer and not the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYfF9VKMp4w

Gaga is an impressive singer. The outrageous stuff stirred some interest. She sure could carry a full-grown old man in this link.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

simplicity wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pmHaving what you want, and wanting what you have...is the ultimate satisfaction for both Men and Women.
You are kidding, right?

Although that might work [momentarily] for the hedonist in us all, this path results in profound misery [look out any window for unlimited examples].
I don't understand your comment.

Why would a man and woman's capacity to give and receive mutual pleasure from each other, result in profound misery? 🤔
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:26 am
simplicity wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:28 pm
You are kidding, right?

I don't understand your comment.

Why would a man and woman's capacity to give and receive mutual pleasure from each other, result in profound misery? 🤔
For the same reason that taking drugs does. The pursuit of pleasure is a VERY dangerous path.

Sacrifice and the assumption of responsibility are the paths to contentment.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Another interesting tidbit concerning men and women in the modern age has to do with the power women have amassed over the past fifty years or so. Since women are essentially creatures that are safety-driven [because of their fear of every damn thing], they have used much of their new found power in an attempt to exert even more external control [as a coping mechanism]. This has manifested itself in the proclivity to exercise as much control over men as is possible. Here's the paradox...

...the more control women have over men, the less they respect men because women are drawn to men who are self-confident/self-assured. So, if you act like a traditional man, being with a modern woman is not so much fun as she will nag you to death [but respect you], and if you give into the constant nagging, then she will not respect you [and, as well, throw you out with the rest of her garbage on trash night].

So, the old adage, "You can't live with them and you can't live without them," should now be, "You can definitely live without them."
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

simplicity wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 pm I heard a wonderful contrast of men and women on a podcast that I thought many here might appreciate. it's a metaphor of sorts using a old style multi-level department store as increasing levels of desire when women/men go shopping for the opposite sex.

A typical woman enters the "man store" on the first floor and finds men with good jobs. Pleased, but wanting more, she goes up to the second floor where there are men with good jobs who also love children. She is even more pleased and goes up to the third level to see what might be in-store [npi]. There she finds men with good jobs who love children and are willing to help with the house work. Even more excited, she goes to the fourth floor and finds men with good jobs who love children, will help out with the housework and enjoy vacations and going out to dinner on a regular basis. Hardly able to contain herself, she must go to the top floor to see what she can look forward to. Arriving on the top level there is a sign that says, "You are the 4,234,784,921 woman who has come here and there are no men!

A typical man enters the "woman store" and on the first floor finds women who are nice. Intrigued, he goes up to the second floor where he finds women who are nice, attractive, and enjoy sex. Very interested, the man goes up to the third floor and finds women who are nice, attractive, enjoy sex, and love to cook. The man is feeling incredible grateful but goes up to the forth floor and finds woman who are nice, attractive, enjoy sex, love to cook, and really like sports, as well. No man has ever gone to the fifth floor!

The bottom-line is that women are NEVER satisfied and men have very simple needs.
It's subjective bollocks.
I'm pretty sure this aligns with the standard stereotyping of US culture, encouraged by the Ad MEN. But does not hold true anywhere else except where the culture has been colonised by American advertising in the last 70 years.

It's says nothing about men and women on a anthropological level
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:55 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:45 pm
But all that is being done on other sites. So what new insight / controversy is left to be unpacked here?
Woman has the innate tendency to try and keep man off balance. Keeping man off balance and in doubt is woman’s way to control man. This is a necessary design because woman is less physically powerful and at times must stick up for herself.

Often when man is reaching for truth, man thinks woman is also reaching for truth. This assumption can lead to confusion and frustration in man, but not in woman, for his frustration is evidence of her control.
:lol: :lol: You poor thing!

We are not on the forum to listen to your sad failures in your love life.