Q: What do you get when everyone is testing everyone else?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Q: What do you get when everyone is testing everyone else?

Post by Gary Childress »

A: A philosophy forum.
The36

Re: Q: What do you get when everyone is testing everyone else?

Post by The36 »

Is like racing with very bad racing car. A mess. People are in private life nice to each other without reall opinions, because all we want to tell to another persons is our view, which other person have to understand fast and then think the same way. We dont have plathphorme to even talk to each other about seriously things, like bad racing car, so a mess. But if we dont talk to each other, how would one person all know again mess from all sides.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Yes.
And what do you get when everyone is venting?
A philosophy forum.
If you want to attract a handful of would-be gurus, what do you start?
A philosophy forum.
Where can you go to be not quite responded to?
Any online forum.

How many philosophy forum participants does it take to put in a new lightbulb?
3) Philosophy forum members have not practical skills or interest in using them, so
4) Veritas - according to the lightbulb replacement FSK it takes exactly 1.982133 participants in a philosophy forum to do that [with reservations]
5) Veritas - there is no absolutely independent light bulb to screw in and further there is no darkness
6) They're still discussing it.
7) Iambiguous - Mary couldn't have done anything else but screw in the lightbulb. But she wasn't a philosopher.
8) Skepdick - philosophers are fucking morons, no amount of them could manage to do shit.
9) Advocate - whoever screws it in, doesn't matter, I am the legitimate owner of the now lit room.
10) Age - LOL, LOL, LOL
11) [FILL IN THE BLANK]
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:36 pm Yes.
A philosophy forum.
A philosophy forum.
Any online forum.

3) Philosophy forum members have not practical skills or interest in using them, so
4) Veritas - according to the lightbulb replacement FSK it takes exactly 1.982133 participants in a philosophy forum to do that [with reservations]
5) Veritas - there is no absolutely independent light bulb to screw in and further there is no darkness
7) Iambiguous - Mary couldn't have done anything else but screw in the lightbulb. But she wasn't a philosopher.
8) Skepdick - philosophers are fucking morons, no amount of them could manage to do shit.
9) Advocate - whoever screws it in, doesn't matter, I am the legitimate owner of the now lit room.
10) Age - LOL, LOL, LOL
11) [FILL IN THE BLANK]
Such is life, it seems.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

If only life was that funny :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:38 pm A: A philosophy forum.
B: Test results that measure an average subjective consensus, based on interpretations ranging from biased to detached, that can be interpreted in various ways as proof of some objective evidence, supporting a pre-fashioned narrative.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

A philosophy forum.
A philosophy forum.
Any online forum.
And where do you go if you are a bit of an odd ball with a need to express yourself, and doing so in the real world would get you punched in the face on a daily basis?

Answer: An online forum that let's you get away with almost anything, of which there are all too few. In fact, I have only come across one, and believe me I've tested many.

God bless PN. 🙂
Atla

Post by Atla »

A philosophy forum.
A philosophy forum.
Any online forum.

10) Age - LOL, LOL, LOL
11) [FILL IN THE BLANK]
:lol: :lol:

11) Just one, but he has to be the Single Greatest Philosopher of All Time. He alone will feel like at least 5 people working.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:32 pm And where do you go if you are a bit of an odd ball with a need to express yourself, and doing so in the real world would get you punched in the face on a daily basis?
Lol, yes. The internet hampers certain kinds of social feedback. It changes everyone else so you don't need to get drunk to be an ass.