Lost in the flood of beliefs

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexiev

Re: Lost in the flood of beliefs

Post by Alexiev »

Duplicate

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:50 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:36 pm Right now, there is no escape for any of us from Earth. Militarism MUST stop.
Have you thought about moving to a quieter neighbourhood, Gary?
I've thought of blocking out every news source that is telling me what is happening around the world but then I wouldn't know that I should be protesting those governments that are doing evil around the world. And the USA is one of them.
So, if it is the governments of countries that are doing so-called 'evil' around 'the world', then WHY is it that 'you' CLAIM that the 'countries of the world need to come together NOW and prevent our destruction'?

It is like WHEN 'the governments', of 'the countries', of 'the world', do come together than 'they' just FIGHT and ARGUE WITH each other, anyway. In fact even 'the governments', themselves, WITHIN the EXACT SAME ONE 'country' appear to be ALWAYS BICKERING, ARGUING, and FIGHTING WITH each other anyway. It is like 'you', adult human beings, just want to LOOK FOR and AT what 'you' DISAGREE WITH, and then PROCEED.

However, as I have ALLUDED TO, a few times ALREADY, here, in this forum, WHEN, and IF, 'you' FIND OUT what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, that ALL 'you', human beings, AGREE UPON and ACCEPT, then, and ONLY THEN, 'you' can ALL START TO BEGIN TO MOVE FORWARD, and PROCEED and ACHIEVE, IN CREATING what 'it' IS that 'you' ALL Truly WANT, DESIRE, and ARE SEEKING here, IN Life.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:04 pm I don't necessarily think these stories are all recycled. They could be thought up independently many different times. Floods happen everywhere in the world, and they're always biblically terrible events for primitive societies (and often biblically terrible for advanced societies as well). It's no surprise, I think, that its a shared experience world-wide from which big myths emerge.
Sure, to some degree. But I think more along the lines below as expressed well by Promethean, and it seems ridiculous that religions and their books are not recognized as distorted/reworked collections of older stories, which are then crafted for the purpose of furthering a particular agenda and brainwashing humankind.
HOW do 'you' KNOW that 'you' have NOT so-called 'brainwashed' to BELIEVE, what 'you' OBVIOUSLY DO here, by some 'crafted stories', which are OBVIOUSLY 'distorted and being reworked', based off of earlier told stories, for the purposes of furthering a 'particular agenda', which would be OBVIOUSLY WORKING considering the VERY 'things', which 'you', as a 'BELIEVER' BELIEVE ARE TRUE?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 pm Oh no doubt. And not just 'the great flood', but damn near everything else in the abrahamic religions is a patchwork of myths and stories cobbled together from older stuff.
So-called 'cobbled together stories' from 'older stuff' NEVER MEANS that the 'cobbled together stories' are EITHER right NOR wrong, true NOR false.

EACH and EVERY 'story' HAS TO BE LOOKED AT, and DISCUSSED, from a Truly OPEN perspective, in order to FIND OUT and UNCOVER what the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY.

But, OBVIOUSLY 'this' is NEVER going to happen WHEN and WHILE one is ASSUMING and/or BELIEVING that 'they' ALREADY KNOW what the truth is here.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 pm Most people don't know this becuz status-quo conservatives have controlled the narrative since they landed on Plymouth rock.
BUT even 'the story', which 'you' ALSO just TOLD, and SPREAD, above here, IS A 'patchwork' of myths and stories 'cobbled together' FROM 'older stuff', AS WELL, OBVIOUSLY.

So, what MAKES 'you' 'narrative' here MORE right OR MORE true OVER the OTHER STUFF?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 pm So truths such as the above have to be mined to be found out, and unfortunately that's always only by a few.
ONCE MORE, 'we' SEE, VERY CLEARLY here, how EACH INDIVIDUAL BELIEVES, ABSOLUTELY, that 'their' OWN 'patchwork of myths and stories cobbled together' IS the TRUE and RIGHT 'story'.

Also, IF so-called 'such truths' as the above 'one', HAS TO BE so-called 'mined' to be FOUND OUT, and that ONLY a 'few' ONLY DO 'this mining', then IMAGINE how MANY HAVE ACTUALLY DONE 'the mining' WHERE and WHEN the ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE Truth WAS FOUND, and UNCOVERED? And, IMAGINE just HOW DEEP 'that mining' WENT?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 pm But the world might come around yet, i dunno. You'll have a portion that becomes 'woke' to the fraud of Christianity, and a portion that clings even harder to it when they begin to see evidence that it's a fraud; they become even more desperate than they were before when they thought it was real.
But 'this' just APPLIES TO, and GOES FOR, for ALL of 'you', BELIEVERS, here. The MORE ACTUAL Truth that IS GETTING SHOWN, and REVEALED, here the MORE 'you', BELIEVERS, ARE CLINGING TO 'your' OWN MADE UP 'stories' AND 'myths'. As can be CLEARLY SEEN, and thus ALSO PROVED True here.

Also, let 'us' NOT FORGET that the POWER of 'DISBELIEVING' some 'thing' is true can be JUST AS EQUAL TO, or even MORE POWERFUL, than 'BELIEVING' the EXACT SAME 'thing' is true.

ALL OF 'you' WITH BELIEF or DISBELIEF ARE NO DIFFERENT in THIS WAY of CLINGING ONTO what 'you' BELIEVE IS TRUE.

The MORE 'evidence', and thus 'proof', COMES-TO-LIGHT the MORE 'you', 'DIS/BELIEVERS', STARTING CLINGING TIGHTER, and TIGHTER. That is; ONLY UNTIL 'you' ALL HAVE TO LET GO and RID "yourselves" OF those OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect PRE/ASSUMPTIONS and DIS/BELIEFS, which 'you' ALL ARE CARRYING AROUND WITH 'you', and ARE ALL SO DESPERATELY 'TRYING' 'your' HARDEST TO HOLD ONTO here, in the days when this is being written.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 pm It's that attitude that nothing is worth anything unless there's a god.
Which IS the EXACT SAME ATTITUDE WHILE BELIEVING that THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 pm Fortunately this is only an expression of their own inner turmoil, weakness and failings.
VERY True, "promethean75".

But I, however, would SAY and SUGGEST that it is VERY FORTUNATE for human beings that 'you', people, here have been and are EXPRESSING 'your' OWN inner turmoil, weaknesses, AND failings, so that "others" COULD LEARN FROM 'them' IN HOW-TO LIVE MUCH MORE Peacefully AND Harmoniously lives, FOREVER MORE.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm I agree with all of this.
OF COURSE 'you' WOULD and DO "lacewing". WHENEVER one is ON "one-side" OF 'things', AND BELIEVES "that side" OF 'things', then 'they' VERY STRONGLY TEND TO LOOK AT and SEE AGREEMENT IN the OTHER 'things', which are being SAID, and CLAIMED, which appear to back up and support the BELIEVED "side" OF 'things'.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm The desperate clinging to the stories and beliefs... despite evolving realizations to the contrary... lead to violence because entrenched identities are at risk, and unmasking seems unbearable.
And which IS EXACTLY what I HAVE BEEN POINTING OUT and SHOWING here DIRECTLY ABOUT and IN REGARDS TO 'you', "lacewing".

'you' ARE IN NO WAY DIFFERENT here, in this regard.

'you' ARE FIXED, RIGID, and thus COMPLETELY CLOSED here just like ALL of the "other" DIS/BELIEVERS ARE.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm And the attitude that 'nothing is worth anything unless there's a god' is so disrespectful (and divisive!) of all that is naturally good and kind and aware.
IS there even A human being who thinks or BELIEVES 'this', YET ANOTHER MADE UP 'story'? Which WAS, AGAIN, JUST MADE UP in AN ATTEMPT to just back up and support one's VERY OWN BELIEVED TRUE MADE UP 'story'.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm So much beautiful perfection can be (and has been) appreciated and experienced by so many people without any dependence on, nor in service to, any idea (idol) of a god.
YET it HAS BEEN "lacewing" who has been continually REFERRING TO, and HAS BEEN, and IS WANTING "others" TO RECOGNIZE and SEE 'the idea' (idol), which "lacewing" RESORTS BACK TO, IS CLINGING ONTO, and which "lacewing" BELIEVES IS 'the truth'. Which, more or less, in other terms is just "lacewing's" 'version' OF God, Itself.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm It's as if theism wants to own the world...
OR, people have just been MISINTERPRETING, and/or MISCOMMUNICATING, 'previous stories' told, and which are just being 'passed on down through the generations'.

Also, what can be CLEARLY SEEN here ARE those two words AGAIN, which 'these people' HAD NEVER EVEN STOPPED TO JUST 'think' AND 'consider' What do 'they' ACTUALLY MEAN and/or ARE REFERRING TO, EXACTLY?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:19 pm yet, all of existence is so much more than such small human notions.
But ALL of Existence, Itself, IS made up of One JUST and ONLY One True Story, which is YET to be UNVEILED and REVEALED to AN UNSUSPECTING 'generation' of 'you', human beings.

ONCE 'this' HAS BEEN DONE, then the ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLY True Story becomes just ANOTHER human notion, along WITH ALL of the PREVIOUSLY PAST notions.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:21 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:26 pm A lot of people are drawn to fantasy; it's escapism. You only have to scroll through Netlix to see what a popular distraction the supernatural and fantasy worlds are. We know it is just fictitious nonsense, but it's nice to pretend for a couple of hours. For some, however, that is not enough relief from the real world, and religion gives them permission to believe, rather than pretend.
BUT if one HAS BECOME INDOCTRINATED, TO BELIEVE some 'things', THROUGH and BECAUSE OF an UNCHOSEN childhood, then 'this' is NOT the FAULT of 'that child'.

The word 'religion', itself, could be INTERPRETED to MEAN, and/or TO REFER TO, just the BEHAVIOR OF BELIEVING, or DISBELIEVING, IN and/or OF some 'thing', which could refer to so-called "scientists" and 'their behavior' of BELIEVING IN 'the words' of 'one' who has been 'put on' 'a pedestal', for example, or, the behavior of ANY one BELIEVING or DISBELIEVING in and/or of absolutely ANY 'thing'.

I do NOT SEE ANY 'person' WANTS TO Truly SEEK OUT so-called 'relief' FROM the so-called ACTUAL 'Real World', NOR WANTS so-called 'permission to believe, rather than pretend'. What I have OBSERVED is that DUE TO VERY UNFORTUNATE 'upbringings', or 'childhoods', 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being WERE BEING TAUGHT TO BELIEVE that 'you' MUST BELIEVE (IN) some 'things'.

Which HAS LED UP TO the VERY UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES TAKING PLACE, in the VERY DAYS of WHEN this is being written, and which was A WAY for MONEY and POWER HUNGRY 'groups of people' to BE ABLE TO MANIPULATE and/or HAVE CONTROL OVER the referred to 'masses'.

OBVIOUSLY NO child has ABSOLUTELY ANY CHOICE AT ALL OVER WHERE 'it' was born, WHEN 'it' was born, NOR WHAT 'it' WAS TAUGHT, and LEARNED. So, HOW ALL OF 'you', adult human beings, 'turned out', as some might say, 'you' HAD NO CONTROL OVER AT ALL. However, as AN 'adult', 'you' ARE ALL ABSOLUTELY FREE TO CHOOSE HOW 'you' LOOK AT, and SEE, 'things', and thus ultimately ALSO HOW 'you' DO 'things'.

IF 'you' HAD ALL BEEN 'brought up', properly AND correctly, and thus TAUGHT what IS ACTUALLY True AND Right, IN Life, then 'you' ALL would have ALL ALREADY CONSCIOUSLY KNOWN 'this'. Although 'you' ALL ALREADY UNCONSCIOUSLY KNOW 'this', WITHIN.
Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:26 pm It's no good bombarding these people with facts about reality, because reality isn't what they want.
IF 'you', people, do NOT 'now' WANT 'Reality', then what is 'it' that 'those people' REALLY WANT?

Also, I am in TOTAL AGREEMENT that PROVIDING Facts and IRREFUTABLE Truths to ANY one who BELIEVES otherwise is a TOTAL WASTE of what is called 'time' AND 'energy'. And, INSTEAD, SHOWING, and REVEALING, HOW what 'they' ARE DIS/BELIEVING is true, are ACTUALLY False and Wrong DIS/BELIEFS, THROUGH and BY ASKING CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, at least ALLOWS "others" to SEE what the ACTUAL Truth IS.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:21 pm Well said!
What can be CLEARLY SEEN here is that what "harbal" has SAID here implies that "harbal" KNOWS, ALREADY, what 'Reality', Itself, REALLY IS, and those who have DISAGREEING VIEWS or PERCEPTIONS ARE 'the ones' who, SUPPOSEDLY, do NOT WANT 'reality'. Well NOT like IN 'the way' that "harbal", SUPPOSEDLY, WANTS 'reality' anyway.

AND, WITH "lacewing" SAYING what 'it' has here, MEANS that "lacewing" ALSO, SUPPOSEDLY, WANTS 'reality', while, SUPPOSEDLY, "others" DO NOT, AND, that "lacewing's" 'version OF' 'reality' HOLDS 'the facts', which "others" ARE, SUPPOSEDLY, NOT OPEN TO NOR ACCEPTING OF.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:22 pm
Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:12 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:21 pm
Well said!
Religion us not "fictitious nonsense".

Finally, calling religion "fictitious nonsense" is not only incorrect, but rude and insulting. I wish my fellow atheists and agnostics would cease and desist.
:)

Yes, there are good and reasonable elements to religion. But there are also elements that are made-up, untrue, and unhelpful. It is valuable to explore all aspects, yes?
YES. Like EXPLORING ALL of the 'elements' that are MADE-UP, UNTRUE, and UNHELPFUL, here, in this forum.

Now, if absolutely ANY one would like we COULD START by EXPLORING ALL of the MADE-UP, UNTRUE, and UNHELPFUL 'elements', IN 'the words', UNDER the NAME and LABEL "lacewing" here.

Or, as I would MUCH PREFER 'we' COULD EVEN START EXPLORING ALL of the MADE-UP, UNTRUE, and UNHELPFUL 'elements', IN 'the words', UNDER the NAME and LABEL "age" here.

Post by Age »

Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:03 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:22 pm

Yes, there are good and reasonable elements to religion. But there are also elements that are made-up, untrue, and unhelpful. It is valuable to explore all aspects, yes?
That depends on what you mean by "made-up". Oral histories (myths) are not "made-up" in the same that fiction is. Instead, they are retold (and altered slightly by the teller). Of course it is valuable to explore this process, but calling it "fictitious" or "made-up" fails to explore it in a meaningful way.

"Unhelpful"? Are modern histories to be evaluated based on whether they are "helpful"? Perhaps the heroic, quasi-historical hagiographies of the past were more inspiring and helpful than modern histories. The religious prate constantly about how helpful religion is to them. Are we to accept it for that reason?

In a sense, all histories are "untrue". That is, they are all recorded from one and only one point of view. Universal truth is, perhaps, unavailable.
It is NOT.
Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:03 pm One more point. We atheists believe most of what we believe for the same reason religious people believe what they believe: because people we trust tell us it is true. We believe the world is round, the sun is 93 million miles distant, etc, etc. on the fairh of the authorities we trust.

Post by Age »

Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:03 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm
Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:12 pm Finally, calling religion "fictitious nonsense" is not only incorrect, but rude and insulting. I wish my fellow atheists and agnostics would cease and desist.
The climate is apparently going haywire. We're on the verge of destruction of ourselves and millions of other species. Apparently, according to some, there's nothing we can realistically do about it. If that is correct, then I don't see where religion is anything but "fictitious nonsense". I've seen as many articles in my news feed about ways all life on Earth could be destroyed (from solar disasters to super volcanoes here on Earth) as I've seen news about the war in Ukraine. Occasionally, there's an article that won't lead a person to severe depression. But if it's true, then it's true. Some even say there are equations that point to the entire universe possibly being one big black hole.

Religion is either "fictitious nonsense" or God is the most hideous monster possible. I'd rather embrace the former. But maybe I'm wrong.
Your "either. - or" scenario is egomaniacal. Why should a transcendant God care about the disasters you mention? They may seem horrible to you, but God (if there is one) created a world in which all living things die. From an eternal perspective, why is death in war or tsunami worse than death from old age? For all we know, perhaps (as the Christans believe) God is calling us Home.

This may be hard for you to fathom, but perhaps God works in mysterious ways, and perhaps your notions of what is Good and Bad are misguided, ignorant, or incorrect.
WHEN HOW the Universe ACTUALLY WORKS is ALSO DISCOVERED, and KNOWN, then HOW 'God', Itself, ACTUALLY WORKS BECOMES KNOWN, AS WELL. Thus, the OLD SAYING 'God works in mysterious ways', JUST BECOMES REDUNDANT.
Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:03 pm Yes, the sun will eventually burn out and life on Earth as we know it will cease. Sorry. Perhaps life on earth is not the be all and end all of universal and transcendant benifecence.
'you', human beings, and 'life' on earth, WAS ONLY JUST A PART OF 'the One, ETERNAL, journey', which IS HAPPENING and OCCURRING, HERE-NOW.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm
Alexiev wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:12 pm Finally, calling religion "fictitious nonsense" is not only incorrect, but rude and insulting. I wish my fellow atheists and agnostics would cease and desist.
The climate is apparently going haywire.
WHERE do 'you' GET 'your' 'news' sources FROM, EXACTLY, "gary childress"?

'The climate', on earth, like EVERY 'thing' ELSE, in the Universe, IS CHANGING, (besides beliefs but that is another matter). Now, that 'the climate' IS CHANGING AT and 'increased rate', or IN a 'way', which is NOT liked, by SOME, does NOT matter here, for 'now', but what I AM SUGGESTING here IS that 'the climate' WILL NEVER EVER GO 'the way' what 'you' SAID and CLAIMED here now.

So, WHO, EXACTLY, has ALLEGED that 'the climate' on earth IS going so-called 'haywire'?

Is 'the climate', apparently, 'going haywire', to 'you' BECAUSE 'this' is what 'you' ARE seeing/experiencing, OR, BECAUSE some one HAS TOLD 'you' that 'this' is WHAT IS HAPPENING and OCCURRING?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm We're on the verge of destruction of ourselves and millions of other species.
GOOD. The CLOSER 'you', human beings, COME TO 'your' OWN DEMISE, individually or collectively, THEN the QUICKER 'you' LOOK BACK, and REFLECT, ON what 'you' COULD have and WOULD HAVE CHANGED, and DIFFERENTLY IF 'you' COULD have 'your time' ALL OVER AGAIN.

Now, KNOWING that THE DEMISE of ALL of 'you', human beings, which OBVIOUSLY 'your' VERY OWN children, AS WELL, COMBINED WITH 'a REAL love' OF and FOR, THEN 'this' WILL INCREASE the DESIRE TO CHANGE, and the 'RATE OF CHANGE', which IS what IS ACTUALLY NEEDED FOR ACTUAL CHANGE, for the CONTINUED SURVIVAL of the 'human species', TO OCCUR.

So, BRING 'it' ON, as some might say. The CLOSER TO DESTRUCTION OF "yourselves", then THE SOONER and QUICKER CHANGE WILL HAPPEN.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm Apparently, according to some, there's nothing we can realistically do about it.
WELL there IS A SIGN and example of a "True pessimist".

Also, and let 'us' NOT FORGET, according to some, 'this very stressful, war-torn, greedy and selfish, pollution-riddled world' IS JUST ABOUT TO END, and 'the NEWER and MUCH BETTER 'life' AND 'world' IS JUST ABOUT TO BEGIN', ALSO.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm If that is correct, then I don't see where religion is anything but "fictitious nonsense".
COULD there JUST MAYBE some SIGNS and/or examples in SOME 'scriptures' that MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO HELP MOVES 'things' ALONG and INTO A MUCH BETTER or MUCH MORE Heaven-like existence?

Or, do 'you' REALLY ONLY SEE ANY and ALL 'religion' as just 'FICTITIOUS NONSENSE'?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm I've seen as many articles in my news feed about ways all life on Earth could be destroyed (from solar disasters to super volcanoes here on Earth) as I've seen news about the war in Ukraine.
YET 'the earth', itself, has been GOING, STRONG, for a SAID and CLAIM few BILLION years now, so it would be one HELL OF, as some might say, 'volcano' that wiped out and destroyed the WHOLE of the ACTUAL 'thing' that ALLOWS and CAUSES 'volcanoes', 'themselves, to happen and occur. Also, there has NOW been just one volcano in the last few MILLION years that has been ABLE TO WIPE OUT and DESTROY 'you', human beings, so I think 'you' WILL BE SAFE FROM volcanoes WIPING OUT or DESTROYING 'you', "gary childress", in the next couple or so decades. And then, FROM 'your' perspective there WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL TO 'worry' NOR even 'think' ABOUT.

If 'I' was one of 'you', living IN the days when this is being written, my MOST so-called 'pressing concern' would be the DESTRUCTION and DEVASTATION that IS BEING CAUSED and CREATED BY 'you', adult human beings, SOLELY BECAUSE 'you' ALL just WANT a 'little bit' MORE 'money'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm Occasionally, there's an article that won't lead a person to severe depression.
BLAMING just 'printed letters, or symbols', rearranged INTO 'words' for one's OWN 'severe depression' IS a VERY HUGE REASON WHY 'that one' KEEPS RELAPSING BACK INTO so-called 'severe depression'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm But if it's true, then it's true.
And, CONVERSELY, and OBVIOUSLY, if 'it' is NOT true, then 'it' IS NOT true.

But, SO WHAT?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm Some even say there are equations that point to the entire universe possibly being one big black hole.
Some people ALSO SAY and CLAIM that there IS ONE TRUTH and that ONE TRUTH is that there IS NO one truth.

But, do 'you' TAKE what EVERY one SAYS and CLAIMS as ACTUALLY True?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 pm Religion is either "fictitious nonsense" or God is the most hideous monster possible. I'd rather embrace the former. But maybe I'm wrong.
That out of ALL OF THE POSSIBILITIES WITHIN the WHOLE OF the WHOLE Universe, 'you' CAME UP WITH two ONLY 'possibilities'.

Which, to MOST adult human beings, IS JUST PURE NONSENSICAL and ABSURD.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:53 am Is 'the climate', apparently, 'going haywire', to 'you' BECAUSE 'this' is what 'you' ARE seeing/experiencing, OR, BECAUSE some one HAS TOLD 'you' that 'this' is WHAT IS HAPPENING and OCCURRING?
It's in some news articles that appear in my Internet home page news feed.

As far as what I'm experiencing, yes, we've had extremely hot summers that seem unusually hot and I've seen reports of accelerated extinction of various animal species in the news as well.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:39 pm
Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:53 am Is 'the climate', apparently, 'going haywire', to 'you' BECAUSE 'this' is what 'you' ARE seeing/experiencing, OR, BECAUSE some one HAS TOLD 'you' that 'this' is WHAT IS HAPPENING and OCCURRING?

As far as what I'm experiencing, yes, we've had extremely hot summers that seem unusually hot and I've seen reports of accelerated extinction of various animal species in the news as well.
I will ASK, AGAIN 'now', IN ANOTHER WAY; Has there been IN ANY 'news article' ANYWHERE the CLAIM that 'the climate' IS going haywire'?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:12 pm

I will ASK, AGAIN 'now', IN ANOTHER WAY; Has there been IN ANY 'news article' ANYWHERE the CLAIM that 'the climate' IS going haywire'?
"Haywire" is my word. It's what I call a climate that is changing so unusually fast that many species can't adapt quickly enough. And if it's being caused by our own activities, then we are responsible for destroying those life forms.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:29 pm
Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:12 pm

"Haywire" is my word.
Okay. FINALLY. Thank you.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:29 pm It's what I call a climate that is changing so unusually fast that many species can't adapt quickly enough.
But MANY MORE species have become EXTINCT with the DIRECT dealings of 'human beings', let alone through the INDIRECT WAY of human being CAUSED and CREATED 'climate change'.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:29 pm And if it's being caused by our own activities, then we are responsible for destroying those life forms.
And, going on 'human history' MOST of 'you' could NOT CARE LESS.

Also, considering the Fact of how MANY of 'you' CAUSE the DIRECT 'destroying/killing' OF some 'life forms', just BECAUSE 'you' have COME-TO-LIKE the TASTE of EATING CERTAIN or PARTICULAR KINDS OF animals, and thus ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for DESTROYING 'those life forms', then, REALLY, how MUCH DO 'you' REALLY CARE when it comes to the DESTROYING of 'life forms' just BECAUSE 'you' have just CHANGED the 'rate' or 'direction' of 'the climate'?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:45 pm Also, considering the Fact of how MANY of 'you' CAUSE the DIRECT 'destroying/killing' OF some 'life forms', just BECAUSE 'you' have COME-TO-LIKE the TASTE of EATING CERTAIN or PARTICULAR KINDS OF animals, and thus ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for DESTROYING 'those life forms', then, REALLY, how MUCH DO 'you' REALLY CARE when it comes to the DESTROYING of 'life forms' just BECAUSE 'you' have just CHANGED the 'rate' or 'direction' of 'the climate'?
If you're angry at human civilization for what WE'VE ALL done out of need and desire (not knowing what the ultimate result would be) then I'm afraid your anger is vain and useless to both you and everyone else. Just FYI (for your information).
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:00 pm
Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:45 pm Also, considering the Fact of how MANY of 'you' CAUSE the DIRECT 'destroying/killing' OF some 'life forms', just BECAUSE 'you' have COME-TO-LIKE the TASTE of EATING CERTAIN or PARTICULAR KINDS OF animals, and thus ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for DESTROYING 'those life forms', then, REALLY, how MUCH DO 'you' REALLY CARE when it comes to the DESTROYING of 'life forms' just BECAUSE 'you' have just CHANGED the 'rate' or 'direction' of 'the climate'?
If you're angry at human civilization for what WE'VE ALL done out of need and desire (not knowing what the ultimate result would be) then I'm afraid your anger is vain and useless to both you and everyone else. Just FYI (for your information).
Btw Age seems unemployable, and it's easier to criticize others while living on welfare (paid for by others)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:41 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:00 pm
Btw Age seems unemployable, and it's easier to criticize others while living on welfare (paid for by others)
I don't know. There are CEOs who probably shouldn't be. I have trouble finding employment because I'd rather not contribute to a scandalous economy but I've worked enough to know that there are not a whole lot of alternatives out there for people who just want to work at something virtuous. However, non-profits and not-for-profits are probably the best thing overall to get into at this point.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯