How i am the best philosopher

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: How i am the best philosopher

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:19 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:36 pm .
Greatest Philosopher of All Time, we wish to hear what you have to say on the Ultimate Philosophical Question.
Which is supposedly 'what', EXACTLY, "atla"?
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm Given that
Advocate wrote:Everything that can happen, does happen and that's one infinite ongoing thing.
why do we find ourselves in this world in particular?
If the 'we' word here is in reference to 'you', human beings, then why 'you', human beings, are here is because of evolution just changing the shape and form of matter, itself. With an underlying or internal desire of wanting to know thy Self.

Through 'you', human beings, (and 'things'
prior), 'I' was able to evolve into coming-to-KNOW thy Self.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm There are infinite possibilities, so why this one?
No reason. Matter, itself, could have, and does, evolve into many different shapes and forms. That matter evolved into the human shape and form is of absolutely NO relevance NOR importance AT ALL.

Just as long as a 'thing', which works just like 'a computer' does evolved into 'being', then that was all that really mattered. 'That thing' being the human brain. Whatever the housing of 'that working computer like brain' looked like did and does not matter one iota.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm Why this particular universe?
Well considering the IRREFUTABLE Fact that there IS and can ONLY EVER BE just One, infinite and eternal, Universe, asking why this 'particular' Universe IS JUST NONSENSICAL.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm Why the human form? (In case there is some kind of reason or explanation at all.)
As explained above the form of 'the body', or 'housing', does NOT matter AT ALL.

The ONLY 'thing' that mattered here was that mattered was formed on a way, which worked exactly like how a computer does. That is; where 'information or knowledge can be gathered, stored, recalled, expressed, and shared. Which is how matter in the shape and form of 'the human brain' works, EXACTLY.
Atla wrote:Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm
Or in short: why are we here?
Why 'you', human beings, are here was so that 'I' could COME-TO-KNOW thy Self.

Now, WHY am 'I' here is so that 'I' can bear witness to the BEAUTY, which 'I' AM Creating, HERE-NOW.
Wasn't asking you. Did you honestly think that something as obvious, naive and childish as your above solution, would be the correct one? This is one of the first ones we discard because it falls apart on closer inspection.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=674800 time=1697997981 user_id=15497]
[quote=Advocate post_id=674636 time=1697909819 user_id=15238]
[/quote]
Greatest Philosopher of All Time, we wish to hear what you have to say on the Ultimate Philosophical Question.

Given that
[quote=Advocate]Everything that can happen, does happen and that's one infinite ongoing thing.[/quote]
why do we find ourselves in this world in particular? There are infinite possibilities, so why this one? Why this particular universe? Why the human form? (In case there is some kind of reason or explanation at all.)

[/quote]

Why questions are of two kinds; how? and From what intent/to what end? The further is a matter for science and the latter required a pre-existing mind. There was no mine until long after the universe already existed. There is no reason we're here and there's no reason here is the way it is. Anything further is How.

As for why we're here individually; the meaning of life is that everyone must choose (not find) the answer to that question for themselves. No one can write your story for you.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:42 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:17 pm
nemos wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:02 pm It's not really clear how logic applies to truth. As far as I can tell, logic is based on building cause and effect chains to one end or the other. Conformity to logic makes judgments possibly believable but not necessarily true. Logic is a wonderful tool of demagogues.
Strictly speaking, I think that there are no truly illogical things in this world at all, because in principle there is nothing that does not come from nothing. If something seems illogical, it is most likely because there is a lack of knowledge about some facts.

About philosophizing. I had to hear an interesting opinion that it is intellectual masturbation. :)

Words as a tool can be used in the most unimaginable ways.
Of course, you can try to find the truth, but you can also try to hide it. Truth is often sacrificed when defending one's point of view.
I wouldn't bother taking this thread too seriously if I were you. Advocate has an advanced and highly debilitating Narcissistic Personality Disorder and is playing mainly for attention.
First, or can't be narcissism if it's true. Second, you're incapable of vetting the evidence.
I'm sure it wouldn't be paranoia if the mad man with the tinfoil hat really was picking up CIA broadcasts with his dentures, but here we are and he is mad. You are a narcissist and you ought to seek medical help of some sort.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm Why questions are of two kinds; how? and From what intent/to what end? The further is a matter for science and the latter required a pre-existing mind. There was no mine until long after the universe already existed. There is no reason we're here and there's no reason here is the way it is. Anything further is How.

As for why we're here individually; the meaning of life is that everyone must choose (not find) the answer to that question for themselves. No one can write your story for you.
No, I was talking about the third one. Don't dodge the big question.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm Given that

why do we find ourselves in this world in particular?
If the 'we' word here is in reference to 'you', human beings, then why 'you', human beings, are here is because of evolution just changing the shape and form of matter, itself. With an underlying or internal desire of wanting to know thy Self.

Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm There are infinite possibilities, so why this one?
No reason. Matter, itself, could have, and does, evolve into many different shapes and forms. That matter evolved into the human shape and form is of absolutely NO relevance NOR importance AT ALL.

Just as long as a 'thing', which works just like 'a computer' does evolved into 'being', then that was all that really mattered. 'That thing' being the human brain. Whatever the housing of 'that working computer like brain' looked like did and does not matter one iota.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm Why this particular universe?
Well considering the IRREFUTABLE Fact that there IS and can ONLY EVER BE just One, infinite and eternal, Universe, asking why this 'particular' Universe IS JUST NONSENSICAL.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm Why the human form? (In case there is some kind of reason or explanation at all.)
As explained above the form of 'the body', or 'housing', does NOT matter AT ALL.

The ONLY 'thing' that mattered here was that mattered was formed on a way, which worked exactly like how a computer does. That is; where 'information or knowledge can be gathered, stored, recalled, expressed, and shared. Which is how matter in the shape and form of 'the human brain' works, EXACTLY.
Atla wrote:Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Now, WHY am 'I' here is so that 'I' can bear witness to the BEAUTY, which 'I' AM Creating, HERE-NOW.
Wasn't asking you.
I do NOT CARE.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 pm Did you honestly think that something as obvious, naive and childish as your above solution, would be the correct one?
NO, I did NOT 'think' such a 'thing' as 'this' AT ALL.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 pm This is one of the first ones we discard because it falls apart on closer inspection.
'you' ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE to SAY, BELIEVE, and CLAIM ABSOLUTELY ANY 'thing' 'you' like "atla".

But, if 'you' do NOT back up and support what 'you' have just SAID and CLAIMED here, well then that would NOT surprise me AT ALL.

Also, ABSOLUTELY NO one even KNOWS what 'you' ARE REFERRING TO by 'your' USE of the 'this' word above here.

And, going to by past behaviors "atla" 'you' will NEVER EVER even BEGIN to INFORM 'us' of what that 'this' word was REFERRING TO, EXACTLY, let alone EVER even BEGINNING to START trying to back up and support 'your CLAIM' here.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:11 pm

Wasn't asking you.
I do NOT CARE.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 pm Did you honestly think that something as obvious, naive and childish as your above solution, would be the correct one?
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 pm This is one of the first ones we discard because it falls apart on closer inspection.
'you' ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE to SAY, BELIEVE, and CLAIM ABSOLUTELY ANY 'thing' 'you' like "atla".

But, if 'you' do NOT back up and support what 'you' have just SAID and CLAIMED here, well then that would NOT surprise me AT ALL.

Also, ABSOLUTELY NO one even KNOWS what 'you' ARE REFERRING TO by 'your' USE of the 'this' word above here.

And, going to by past behaviors "atla" 'you' will NEVER EVER even BEGIN to INFORM 'us' of what that 'this' word was REFERRING TO, EXACTLY, let alone EVER even BEGINNING to START trying to back up and support 'your CLAIM' here.
I already refuted your theory years ago. Went over your head.

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:36 pm .

Given that
Advocate wrote:Everything that can happen, does happen and that's one infinite ongoing thing.
why do we find ourselves in this world in particular? There are infinite possibilities, so why this one? Why this particular universe? Why the human form? (In case there is some kind of reason or explanation at all.)

Why questions are of two kinds; how? and From what intent/to what end?
A 'why question' IS a 'why question', AND, a 'how question' IS a 'how question'.

Now, HOW and WHY do 'you' SAY and CLAIM 'why questions' ARE 'how questions' here "advocate", or as 'you' PREFER to be CALLED "the greatest philosopher"?
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm The further is a matter for science and the latter required a pre-existing mind.
Did 'you' MEAN 'former' INSTEAD OF 'further'?

If yes, then BOTH have ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED, and thus 'science' is NOT 'needed' ANYMORE.
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm There was no mine until long after the universe already existed.
What does 'long after' even MEAN in relation to the Universe, Itself? And, what do 'you' even MEAN by 'the universe already existed'?

Was there A 'time', to 'you', WHEN the Universe, Itself, NEVER existed?

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm There is no reason we're here and there's no reason here is the way it is.
But just because 'you' are NOT YET PRIVY to some 'thing', this in NO way MEANS that 'that thing' does NOT exist. Or, do 'you' BELIEVE otherwise "advocate"?
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm Anything further is How.
Sounds like 'you', "advocate", just do NOT YET KNOW what the ACTUAL ANSWER IS, EXACTLY, to what "atla" calls the 'Ultimate Philosophical Question'.

But then "atla" probably does NOT YET KNOW, EITHER, anyway.
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 pm As for why we're here individually; the meaning of life is that everyone must choose (not find) the answer to that question for themselves.
SO, to "advocate", The MEANING OF 'Life', Itself, IS EVERY one, individually, MUST CHOOSE what the ANSWER IS to the QUESTION, 'What is the meaning of 'life'?' for "themselves".

Which, to me anyway, sounds like one of the MOST STUPIDEST, ILLOGICAL, and NONSENSICAL 'ANSWERS', which could be GIVEN to 'that QUESTION'. BUT 'each to their own', as some would say.

No one can write your story for you.
[/quote]

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:22 pm
Wasn't asking you.
I do NOT CARE.

And, as 'INDICATED' by PAST BEHAVIOR "atla" have PROVED me True here, ONCE AGAIN.

But, anyway 'now' I am VERY CURIOS as to what 'this' ALLEGED 'theory' OF 'mine' was, EXACTLY, which 'you', SUPPOSEDLY, ALREADY REFUTED, YEARS AGO?

BUT, going by PAST behavior "atla" will NEVER EVER even BEGIN to INFORM 'us' of what 'that theory' even WAS, let alone even BEGIN to INFORM 'us' of HOW 'it' has, SUPPOSEDLY, ALREADY REFUTED 'it', ALL OF THOSE, CLAIMED, YEARS AGO.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:29 pm

I do NOT CARE.

And, as 'INDICATED' by PAST BEHAVIOR "atla" have PROVED me True here, ONCE AGAIN.

But, anyway 'now' I am VERY CURIOS as to what 'this' ALLEGED 'theory' OF 'mine' was, EXACTLY, which 'you', SUPPOSEDLY, ALREADY REFUTED, YEARS AGO?

BUT, going by PAST behavior "atla" will NEVER EVER even BEGIN to INFORM 'us' of what 'that theory' even WAS, let alone even BEGIN to INFORM 'us' of HOW 'it' has, SUPPOSEDLY, ALREADY REFUTED 'it', ALL OF THOSE, CLAIMED, YEARS AGO.
No one cares what you think. Against my better judgment I even gave you ample opportunity to try to prove your theory anyway, and as expected you perfectly failed. So don't come whining now.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:33 pm
Age wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:29 pm

No one cares what you think.
I AGREE. And, I HAVE ALREADY EXPRESSED WHY what is 'thought' is NOT IMPORTANT.

But, I have been talking ABOUT what I KNOW and NOT much AT ALL ABOUT what I 'think'.
Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:33 pm Against my better judgment I even gave you ample opportunity to try to prove your theory anyway, and as expected you perfectly failed.
BUT 'you' SAID and CLAIMED that 'you' had ALREADY REFUTED 'my theory', and even YEARS AGO, also.

Atla wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:33 pm So don't come whining now.
ONCE AGAIN, "atla" IS CONTINUALLY PROVING MY CLAIM here IRREFUTABLY True.
Atla

Post by Atla »

I think I'll have to rephrase the question:

Given that
But according to our best scientific knowledge, 99.9999999999999999999999...999% of those possibilities cannot support intelligent life, which is the apparent fine tuning-problem / fine-tuning problem. There may be at least 50-500 decimals there, although very difficult to tell, it could be less.

So though it's an Anthropic Principle tautology that this discussion can only take place in the remaining 0.000000000000000000000..001% of possible worlds, human-like intelligent life can only exist in this tiny fraction. But why is this world we're sitting in, the case in the first place, why is this one happening here?

Science usually says: random chance, which idea is 99.9999999999999999999999...999% likely to be wrong.

If my above introduction to the problem was already incorrect, there were mistake(s), maybe the problem doesn't exist at all, can you point out the mistake(s)?

But if not, can you tell us what you have to say on this? Why do we find ourselves in this world in particular? There are infinite possibilities, so why this one? Why this particular universe? Why the human form? (In case there is some kind of reason or explanation at all.)

Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=674868 time=1698035405 user_id=15497]
I think I'll have to rephrase the question:

Given that
[quote=Advocate]Everything that can happen, does happen and that's one infinite ongoing thing.[/quote]

But according to our best scientific knowledge, 99.9999999999999999999999...999% of those possibilities cannot support intelligent life, which is the apparent fine tuning-problem / fine-tuning problem. There may be at least 50-500 decimals there, although very difficult to tell, it could be less.

So though it's an Anthropic Principle tautology that this discussion can only take place in the remaining 0.000000000000000000000..001% of possible worlds, human-like intelligent life can only exist in this tiny fraction. But why is this world we're sitting in, the case in the first place, why is this one happening here?

Science usually says: random chance, which idea is 99.9999999999999999999999...999% likely to be wrong.

If my above introduction to the problem was already incorrect, there were mistake(s), maybe the problem doesn't exist at all, can you point out the mistake(s)?

But if not, can you tell us what you have to say on this? Why do we find ourselves in this world in particular? There are infinite possibilities, so why this one? Why this particular universe? Why the human form? (In case there is some kind of reason or explanation at all.)

[/quote]

There is a 100% chance that we would arise in a universe that supports our existence and 0% chance that we would exist in a world that is purely hypothetical. There's still no reason. Incidentally, one doesn't have to be the best philosopher to know how to dismiss the anthropic principle.
Last edited by Advocate on Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:20 am There is a 100% chance that we would arise in a universe that supports our existence and 0% chance that we would exist in a world that is purely hyperfocal. There's still no reason. Incidentally, one doesn't have to be the best philosopher to know how to dismiss the anthropic principle.
I'd like to hear why the idea that "There's still no reason" isn't 99.9999999...999% likely to be wrong. I don't know what hyperfocal world means, haven't been able to dig up anything on it.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=674874 time=1698039125 user_id=15497]
[quote=Advocate post_id=674871 time=1698038435 user_id=15238]
There is a 100% chance that we would arise in a universe that supports our existence and 0% chance that we would exist in a world that is purely hyperfocal. There's still no reason. Incidentally, one doesn't have to be the best philosopher to know how to dismiss the anthropic principle.
[/quote]
I'd like to hear why the idea that "There's still no reason" isn't 99.9999999...999% likely to be wrong. I don't know what hyperfocal world means, haven't been able to dig up anything on it.
[/quote]

Hypothetical.. only theoretically possible. "Look," said the puddle, "how perfect the ground is for me. It fits me perfectly. It must be made just for me.". That's the anthropic principle; the inversion of probability. We could Only have arisen in this universe because it's the only universe there is. Hypothetically possible ones, you may be surprised to discover, don't actually exist and have no bearing on anything.
nemos

Post by nemos »

"Why this particular universe?"
The question involves the claim that other universes exist.
Is it proven or just an assumption?