The path forward

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The path forward

Post by Age »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm The Path Forward

My view is that no *path forward* will manifest. My sense is, with Trump or without him, with Biden or without him, the cycle is one of descent. Things are falling apart now. Social glue is coming undone. And war seems to be looming. How will this be arrested is anyone's guess.
VERY SIMPLY and VERY EASILY.

That is; ONCE 'you' ALSO KNOW HOW
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm Strange, isn't it? We are incapable even of predicting what comes next. So how can a 'path forward' be conceived?
WHY do 'you' think or BELIEVE that 'you' are INCAPABLE of just predicting what comes next?

HOW 'the ACTUAL path' FORWARD, which leads TO ACTUAL Peace AND Harmony can be and WAS VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY conceived.

AGAIN, that is when one LEARNS and UNDERSTANDS HOW.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I’ve really been enjoying your posts, Age. Well done! ☑️
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm My view is that no *path forward* will manifest.
I suggested a shift in choices and direction that might become available on the path forward. I'm not attempting to define 'The path forward'.
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm My sense is, with Trump or without him, with Biden or without him, the cycle is one of descent. Things are falling apart now. Social glue is coming undone. And war seems to be looming. How will this be arrested is anyone's guess.
I agree. Maybe it's all part of rebalancing. I don't think nature/life perpetually ascends and grows: it is born and dies... rises and falls... ebbs and flows... as part of a larger balance. Human civilizations are clearly not immune nor greater than that. We've certainly been demonstrating how far we can push all kinds of limits. There are fallouts from that.

At the same time, life and awareness can shift very suddenly... from unexpected adjustments and circumstances. I think stagnancy results when humans get too locked into certain patterns that they expect to continue or grow indefinitely. When they discover new possibilities and whole new ways of thinking, they can adapt very quickly! In NO WAY do we see and comprehend all that is at work and possible. That, alone, should cause us to pause in our headlong rush toward absolute ideals and limitations.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:07 am I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to finally realize just how wrong you've been about Trump.
How have I been wrong about Trump?

You're the fool that is a follower of any other man.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:50 am Civil Disobedience may be crap in Marxist Utopia, but not in the United States of America.
I agree with civil disobedience. I don't agree with intoxicated extremism and stupidity being the driver of it... such as in your case. :)
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"all of this directed, like a fucking SPIDER, by Promethean."

What am i supposed to do, man?!

when u got it, u got it

Post by Age »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:06 pm I’ve really been enjoying your posts, Age. Well done! ☑️
Okay. If 'this' is how 'you' REALLY feel "alexis Jacobi", then 'this' is all well AND good.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:02 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm My view is that no *path forward* will manifest.
I suggested a shift in choices and direction that might become available on the path forward. I'm not attempting to define 'The path forward'.
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm My sense is, with Trump or without him, with Biden or without him, the cycle is one of descent. Things are falling apart now. Social glue is coming undone. And war seems to be looming. How will this be arrested is anyone's guess.
I agree. Maybe it's all part of rebalancing. I don't think nature/life perpetually ascends and grows: it is born and dies... rises and falls... ebbs and flows... as part of a larger balance. Human civilizations are clearly not immune nor greater than that. We've certainly been demonstrating how far we can push all kinds of limits. There are fallouts from that.

At the same time, life and awareness can shift very suddenly... from unexpected adjustments and circumstances. I think stagnancy results when humans get too locked into certain patterns that they expect to continue or grow indefinitely. When they discover new possibilities and whole new ways of thinking, they can adapt very quickly! In NO WAY do we see and comprehend all that is at work and possible.
'This' here could NOT be MORE True. 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, do NOT 'see' NOR 'comprehend' ALL that is AT WORK and IS POSSIBLE HERE.

In fact, 'your' OWN BELIEVED ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS are PREVENTING and STOPPING, ABSOLUTELY, 'you' FROM SEEING and COMPREHENDING ALL, which IS AT WORK and POSSIBLE, HERE.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:02 pm That, alone, should cause us to pause in our headlong rush toward absolute ideals and limitations.
YES, BUT here 'you' ARE, "lacewing", STILL HOLDING ONTO 'your' very OWN, personal, ABSOLUTE IDEALS and LIMITATIONS here.

WHEN WILL 'you', "lacewing", PAUSE in 'your' headlong rush toward ABSOLUTE IDEALS and LIMITATIONS?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:10 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:07 am I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to finally realize just how wrong you've been about Trump.

You're the fool that is a follower of any other man.
Don't be coy. Your opinion of Trump is in your OP.

Trump: U.S. Is ‘More Vulnerable from Inside Terror Attacks Than at Any Time in Its History’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... n-history/

- This headline is true.
- This headline is not true because Trump said it.
- This headline is not true because it is reported from a particular source.
- This headline is not “extremist” because I posted it.
- This headline is not posted because I am a follower of Trump, which I am not.
(Trump just happens to be the one speaking the truth in this quoted instance, and in many others.)
- I think you’ll agree, those six points becalm your sails.

This headline is true because: The Democrat Open Border Policy that allows millions of unvetted strangers to illegally enter the country and eventually all vote for The Democrat Party, if all goes according to the Democrat plan to make everyone a citizen, thus a legal voter.

This headline is posted because: It is true.

The headline is extremistly true because it specifies: “Any Time In History.”
Walker

Post by Walker »

Is this thread about:

What the path forward should be,

Or,

What the path forward is most likely to be.
Walker

Post by Walker »

This will explain it to you.

You can say "Meh" to this, instead of saying "Meh" to my time answering your coy question.

:lol:

Biden’s Global Chaos Vindicates The Strong Foreign Policy Of His Top Rival
https://thefederalist.com/2023/10/24/bi ... top-rival/

“Unlike Trump, Biden is not shaping global events so much as he is reacting to them. So when their approaches are presented side-by-side, it becomes clear why Obama’s Secretary of Defense Bob Gates famously said Biden ‘has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.’”
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:12 am
Your opinion of Trump is in your OP.
Where? All I said in my OP is that it would be good to get rid of Biden and Trump as our two polarized choices. This OP was not meant to be about Trump until you arrived... carrying on and on about him as you always do. Why don't you look beyond him and see how intoxicated you are? There is so much more than Trump.

My opinion of Trump is in many places across this forum, and so far you've not demonstrated that I and so many other people are wrong about him. You've only demonstrated how fixated you are.
Walker wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:12 am Trump: U.S. Is ‘More Vulnerable from Inside Terror Attacks Than at Any Time in Its History’
- I think you’ll agree
Yes, I agree (except for the 'anytime in history', which I do not know is true). I think we're also more vulnerable from outside attacks while our resources are being sent off everywhere else.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 am Is this thread about:

What the path forward should be,

Or,

What the path forward is most likely to be.
Neither, for me. It's about the circumstances that could affect the path forward... as I described.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:36 am Biden’s Global Chaos Vindicates The Strong Foreign Policy Of His Top Rival
:lol: That's a distortion. Biden's mistakes don't make Trump a genius for admiring and cozying up to dictators... or for wanting to build something like the wall of China across our southern border. Your extremist nonsense does not make you smarter either.

I don't agree with what Biden and our government are doing to support wars. I have never agreed with the overblown and inhumane ways that wars are waged under any leadership. So much waste and complete destruction. It's stupid and cruel. Trump is stupid and cruel too. There are countless ways of demonstrating such human failures. The shocking thing is when supporters rally behind such a man almost to the point of deifying him. That's madness.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:02 pm
I think I have to clarify better what I mean. It seems to me we are talking about different things.

But very bluntly our present is now dominated by the reality of being at war. It is a very different war than we are accustomed to. It is *fourth and fifth generation warfare*. The political situation in our country, the social and cultural situation, is one of breakdown and dissolution. These have previous causes. One giant one is the engineered destruction of the Twin Towers and the extreme war machinations that followed. What does it mean to say *engineered*? It means that, it is largely directed process. It is true that that event has other precedents but 9/11 is a very good image of the *fracturing* of the country on so many levels.

These types of events have nothing to do with the individual. I mean the individual does not create them. Individuals however do adapt to the negativities that result and, certainly, these negatives create pathologies: angst, existential confusion, fear, distress, but really loss of the sense that there is a stable platform.

There is *no way forward* in the sense that vast powers are playing vast games -- some overt and obvious, but most of it hidden and shrouded. We are *at war* but it is war on other levels preliminarily. But *we* (individuals, minor players, people with no relationship to the machinery and thus to the machination) struggle to see and understand all of this because it is all hidden and shrouded.

Take just one example: most people now see that 9/11 was both planned and allowed. It was a contrived event made to seem one thing, when in truth it was really something else completely. That is what I mean by *shroud*. What *it* indicates is that people, groups and forces are playing games at levels which are nearly inconceivable to us. But why? And what are their ultimate goals and objectives?

To begin to answer that question will instantly put us in the *interpretive* sphere. But because we are so much in the dark, and because we must *guess*, to one degree or another our interpretations are generally off-the-mark. But it does look like our government, our governing structures, these have been rendered irrelevant because real power operates from other power-centers and these are invisible to us. But just to tie this up: if what I propose is true, then at a world-scale level, people, factions and groups vie for control and power -- the ability to direct the world on a global level -- and yet who they are is unknown to us.

Is that merely a paranoid observation? I do not quite think so. Because we saw our world upturned and set in very bad directions by 9/11 and we know that these events were engineered (so may still doubt this, myself I do not).

As it stands now no one has a sense of who or what to NAME. But we do know that something is going on.
At the same time, life and awareness can shift very suddenly... from unexpected adjustments and circumstances. I think stagnancy results when humans get too locked into certain patterns that they expect to continue or grow indefinitely. When they discover new possibilities and whole new ways of thinking, they can adapt very quickly! In NO WAY do we see and comprehend all that is at work and possible. That, alone, should cause us to pause in our headlong rush toward absolute ideals and limitations.
Here is where I believe you refer to the solitary individual. Your awareness can change and you can adjust to circumstances. You can make all sorts of choices in how you handle yourself at an inner, emotional, spiritual and inter-personal level. You or I and any of us, within certain limitations, can grow, evolve, release, improve ourselves, achieve higher awareness -- all of this is open to us for as long as the beginning and on-going war does not come to bear on us too directly. In Gaza right now -- for a macabre example -- only some ascended master could avoid being simply a victim of war's exigencies. Anyone there scrambles around like an ant.

The *new ways of thinking* do not, in my view, seem on the verge of showing themselves and exerting power. What is likely is that *what has been set in motion will remain in motion*. Apparently, that involves a wider, regional conflict.
In NO WAY do we see and comprehend all that is at work and possible
I can only agree with this statement, yet at the same time I do not find much utility in it. But I do know that you are, at least I believe so, talking not about outside and exterior events but about your own self and what you feel capable of.