NEWS FLASH FROM THE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF EARTH

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

NEWS FLASH FROM THE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF EARTH

Post by Gary Childress »

Hello NASA. I have discovered men and women on this planet. I'm going to send out a gender survey shortly to find out which are which. It seems to be difficult to tell.
Trajk Logik

Re: NEWS FLASH FROM THE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF EARTH

Post by Trajk Logik »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:03 am Hello NASA. I have discovered men and women on this planet. I'm going to send out a gender survey shortly to find out which are which. It seems to be difficult to tell.
This would never happen. It's no more difficult to tell the difference between men and women as it is to tell the difference between bucks and does, bulls and cows, queen bees and drones, roosters and hens, etc. Why is it not difficult to tell with other animals but it seems to be difficult for humans? Maybe it has something to do with our large brains and the ability to imagine.

Humans are the only ones that show some confusion about this as a result of their large brains that generate imaginings and delusions. Imaginings and delusions can propagate across a society becoming a mass delusion. These human (society) characteristics have no effect on their biology regardless of what they believe. As such, aliens would need no help in telling the difference, much less in asking humans what the difference is considering their tendency to confuse imaginings with reality.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Trajk Logik wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:48 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:03 am Hello NASA. I have discovered men and women on this planet. I'm going to send out a gender survey shortly to find out which are which. It seems to be difficult to tell.
This would never happen. It's no more difficult to tell the difference between men and women as it is to tell the difference between bucks and does, bulls and cows, queen bees and drones, roosters and hens, etc. Why is it not difficult to tell with other animals but it seems to be difficult for humans? Maybe it has something to do with our large brains and the ability to imagine.

Humans are the only ones that show some confusion about this as a result of their large brains that generate imaginings and delusions. Imaginings and delusions can propagate across a society becoming a mass delusion. These human (society) characteristics have no effect on their biology regardless of what they believe. As such, aliens would need no help in telling the difference, much less in asking humans what the difference is considering their tendency to confuse imaginings with reality.
That's about the way I see it.

Also, theorizing day in and day out can wander one off into the weeds of confusing what is, with notions of what should be, which is much like confusing words, for reality.

Grant these folks a little power and they start fiddling with other things like cars and laws, and tearing down walls of propriety without giving due weight as to why the walls were built.

They are the regulators who know better than you.

For example:

Konstantin Kisin & Neil deGrasse Tyson CLASH Over Trans Debate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWUtIjHrtE
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Walker wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:32 am

Also, theorizing day in and day out can wander one off into the weeds of confusing what is, with notions of what should be, which is much like confusing words, for reality.

Grant these folks a little power and they start fiddling with other things like cars and laws, and tearing down walls of propriety without giving due weight as to why the walls were built.

For example:

Tyson is a disgrace to science. Once he became political he threw his reason out the window. That's what group-think (religion, politics, etc.) does to your thinking. What does it even mean to feel male or female? Does deciding to wear a tank top vs a polo shirt project my "gender"?

He doesn't seem to realize that in a society where it is illegal to walk around in public naked, society has developed some expectations (social constructs) for how the different sexes should behave so that we can distinguish one from the other for the purpose of finding a mate. He also doesn't seem to realize that he is being sexist by equating these social constructs (like wearing pink or blue, wearing make-up vs. not) as being a girl or a boy. Wearing pink and make-up does not change your sexual biology. If you are man and feel comfortable wearing make-up and pink, you're just a man wearing make-up and pink. All this does is confuse both hetero- and homo- sexuals as to what sex you are because we assume that these people follow the societal rules for finding mates, but they are not. If a homosexual is attracted to a female acting as a male, does that mean that they are actually a heterosexual? What about when our rights to express our sexual orientation comes into conflict with a trans rights to express their gender? I wonder if Tyson would be okay with being fooled into taking a man dressed as a woman home to spend the night.

Post by Age »

Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:46 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:32 am

For example:

Tyson is a disgrace to science. Once he became political he threw his reason out the window. That's what group-think (religion, politics, etc.) does to your thinking. What does it even mean to feel male or female? Does deciding to wear a tank top vs a polo shirt project my "gender"?

He doesn't seem to realize that in a society where it is illegal to walk around in public naked, society has developed some expectations (social constructs) for how the different sexes should behave so that we can distinguish one from the other for the purpose of finding a mate. He also doesn't seem to realize that he is being sexist by equating these social constructs (like wearing pink or blue, wearing make-up vs. not) as being a girl or a boy. Wearing pink and make-up does not change your sexual biology. If you are man and feel comfortable wearing make-up and pink, you're just a man wearing make-up and pink. All this does is confuse both hetero- and homo- sexuals as to what sex you are because we assume that these people follow the societal rules for finding mates, but they are not. If a homosexual is attracted to a female acting as a male, does that mean that they are actually a heterosexual? What about when our rights to express our sexual orientation comes into conflict with a trans rights to express their gender? I wonder if Tyson would be okay with being fooled into taking a man dressed as a woman home to spend the night.
Can what "neil degrasse tyson" be attracted to, sexually, be 'heard', and 'seen', in the words that "neil degrasse tyson" used here, and uses, which also explains the 'choice' of words that 'it' has decided to use here?

By the way, what are the ACTUAL DIFFERENCES between a 'male' AND a 'female' other than the sexual organs of the human body?