attofishpi

England v Spain World Cup Final

Post by attofishpi »

3hrs time, anyone watching?

C'mon England!! :)
LuckyR

Re: England v Spain World Cup Final

Post by LuckyR »

Nope, not watching. Though I did catch Vietnam's first match.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Sports is the opium of the asses.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Team sports that use balls. But not all sports. Reason being, once a sport becomes so wide spread and popular as to become a commercialized product and acquire whole sub-cultures into a following of fans, it becomes very obnoxious and the art of the game (whatever it is) is completely overlooked by the cynical no-sport-playing intellectual and social critic.

I have absolutely no more interest in the concept of football, soccer, baseball or basketball. Where once as a kid I thought the idea of the games were intriguing in their own right and actually enjoyed playing them. Played football mighty mights, tee-ball (lol), and soccer for four seasons during adolescence.

Today i can't get it off the TV fast enough and would rather watch a Jacuzzi Bath Remodel commercial over and over and suffer Christina's maddening monotonality as she reads the script and keeps hitting that same fucking note at the end of every sentence.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Constantine wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:04 pm Sports is the opium of the asses.
Can't wait to hear what you do in your leisure time...
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:43 pm Team sports that use balls. But not all sports. Reason being, once a sport becomes so wide spread and popular as to become a commercialized product and acquire whole sub-cultures into a following of fans, it becomes very obnoxious and the art of the game (whatever it is) is completely overlooked by the cynical no-sport-playing intellectual and social critic.

I have absolutely no more interest in the concept of football, soccer, baseball or basketball. Where once as a kid I thought the idea of the games were intriguing in their own right and actually enjoyed playing them. Played football mighty mights, tee-ball (lol), and soccer for four seasons during adolescence.

Today i can't get it off the TV fast enough and would rather watch a Jacuzzi Bath Remodel commercial over and over and suffer Christina's maddening monotonality as she reads the script and keeps hitting that same fucking note at the end of every sentence.
The concept of grown adults making multimillions playing a kid's game is ludicrous, I agree. That's why I like college ball more than the Pros and sports that aren't the big 5.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

it's a bunch of girls...

hopefully someone gets a goal...

-Imp
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Spain just scored!!

about 28:30

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Constantine wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:04 pm Sports is the opium of the asses.
Really? Donkeys like sport?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Honestly. Spain were clinical and deserved the win, the skill level was amazing.

To the idiots that have posted with their pretentious twattery - if you think I am going to watch a football match around the corner, local and enjoy that level of skill, more than million pound footballers of the highest skill level - well,...fuck off clueless twats.

I don't care how commercial it's become. The fact that a player from Africa where the villagers saw potential and all chipped in to by the lad a pair of football boots can have a career where he can play the sport he loves and make a shitload of money at it...bloody good on 'em!!

..and I benefit from watching those players at the highest elite level of the sport...it's a win/win.

(even tho my team Southampton got knocked out of the Premier League last season !!! ffs)
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Spain's goalie caught the ball after a final corner kick

Spain wins... I might have been watching a rerun but it was a good game

-Imp
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

another thing, if you win in hockey, you could theoretically drink from the Stanley cup...

not so much for this world cup...

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:28 pm another thing, if you win in hockey, you could theoretically drink from the Stanley cup...

not so much for this world cup...

-Imp
Nah, you can't drink from this world 'cup' - they probably snort cocaine off of it. (sad pricks)