I'm straight and tired of gay pride

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Constantine

I'm straight and tired of gay pride

Post by Constantine »

I'm tired and unimpressed with it all. I'm not anti-gay, just anti the misplaced forced enthusiasm that requires civic celebration of it, be it parades and interpersonal congragulations. I don't have to do this usually with other types of people. And I like that about those people.... they don't care if I don't care about them. I want to live in a society without parades. No military parades. No high school thanksgiving or home coming parades. No gay pride parades. Keep the noise levels down and your pants on when in public.

You know what makes Ground Hogs Day so great? It asks nothing of you. I don't have to believe or participate in that little rodent, and it doesn't give a damn about you or me. It just wakes up, looks.... and a small town in PA looks on in anticipation. Nobody is ostrachized for not playing along with the fantasy. Best Holliday ever. Makes you want to believe, just a little.
Flannel Jesus

Re: I'm straight and tired of gay pride

Post by Flannel Jesus »

You can thank Christianity for that. If Christianity hadn't spent the last 1700ish years persecuting homosexuals, "gay pride" would today sound as nonsensical as "brown eye pride".

But we don't live in that world. We live in a world where gay conversation therapy is still legal in more than half of the United States. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... on_therapy

Gay people didn't create the context for gay pride. Zealots did. People who couldn't just let other people live did.
Last edited by Flannel Jesus on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:58 amGay people didn't create the context for gay pride.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:58 am To can thank Christianity for that. If Christianity hadn't spent the last 1700ish years persecuting homosexuals, "gay pride" would today sound as nonsensical as "brown eye pride".

But we don't live in that world. We live in a world where gay conversation therapy is still legal in more than half of the United States. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... on_therapy

Gay people didn't create the context for gay pride. Zealots did. People who couldn't just let other people live did.
:lol:
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Constantine wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:57 am I'm tired and unimpressed with it all. I'm not anti-gay, just anti the misplaced forced enthusiasm that requires civic celebration of it, be it parades and interpersonal congragulations. I don't have to do this usually with other types of people. And I like that about those people.... they don't care if I don't care about them. I want to live in a society without parades. No military parades. No high school thanksgiving or home coming parades. No gay pride parades. Keep the noise levels down and your pants on when in public.

You know what makes Ground Hogs Day so great? It asks nothing of you. I don't have to believe or participate in that little rodent, and it doesn't give a damn about you or me. It just wakes up, looks.... and a small town in PA looks on in anticipation. Nobody is ostrachized for not playing along with the fantasy. Best Holliday ever. Makes you want to believe, just a little.
Are you forced to go to parades? give interpersonal congratulations? I mean, maybe some workplaces do this. I don't know. I know there is idiocy around such things. But I hadn't heard anyone had to go to these events.
Groundhog day has a big gathering, but no one is forced to go.
I didn't know people were forced to go to other events.
I mean, even Christmas, which is pretty much the most widely celebrated series of events, celebrations, tv programs, changes in business practices and so on, can generally be avoided.
vegetariantaxidermy

A lot of gay people are fed up with the excesses of 'pride parades' too and are distancing themselves from them since the acronym became a mile long and the parades became a display of fetishes and sex acts.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:08 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:58 amGay people didn't create the context for gay pride.
What would make you think they if gay people weren't persecuted for the last multi-thousand years, there would be gay pride today? What historically un-persecuted group has a pride parade that you know of? I can't think of one.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:41 amWhat would make you think they if gay people weren't persecuted for the last multi-thousand years, there would be gay pride today? What historically un-persecuted group has a pride parade that you know of? I can't think of one.
Gays, queers, and homos, you were all praised in the decadent, hedonistic Roman Empire.

They also practiced genital mutilation and child sacrifice, as today, too. So...what the hell are you talking about?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:20 am
Gays, queers, and homos, you were all praised in the decadent, hedonistic Roman Empire.
Gay people don't have to put on the pretence of having sex for procreation. I'm just saying. :|
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:41 amWhat would make you think they if gay people weren't persecuted for the last multi-thousand years, there would be gay pride today? What historically un-persecuted group has a pride parade that you know of? I can't think of one.

They also practiced genital mutilation and child sacrifice, as today, too. So...what the hell are you talking about?
I'm talking about things every sane person is aware of. What the hell are you talking about?
vegetariantaxidermy

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:41 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:08 am
What would make you think they if gay people weren't persecuted for the last multi-thousand years, there would be gay pride today? What historically un-persecuted group has a pride parade that you know of? I can't think of one.
Where's your evidence that they've been persecuted for thousands of years, or at least more than your average person? How could anyone really tell if one kind of person was being persecuted any more than any other eg in mediaeval times? Jews seem to have been exceptionally persecuted for a very long time. Gays were imprisoned in Victorian times and right up to the latter part of the twentieth century. I don't know about 'thousands of years' though.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:54 am

I'm talking about things every sane person is aware of. What the hell are you talking about?

He's doing what he always does: He takes something he doesn't like -in this instance, gay people- and arbitrarily connects it to something bad -in this instance, genital mutilation and child sacrifice. :?

I don't think he realises that the rest of us aren't as stupid as he is. :|
vegetariantaxidermy

The mutilation is being done TO children who would otherwise grow up gay and you could say this is a form of child sacrifice. But it's being done by Mengele-style doctors and surgeons who aren't necessarily gay themselves.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

The problem in Western Civilization is that there's nowhere to really retreat to or hide away from this garbage.

Wherever you go, there Flannel and Hairball are, to remind you of their homosexuality and LGBTQ+ lifestyles.

They want to rub it in everybody's faces. Everybody is forced to 'tolerate' them. Does tolerance have limits?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:28 am

Wherever you go, there Flannel and Hairball are, to remind you of their homosexuality and LGBTQ+ lifestyles.
You should see me in my skimpy shorts and cowboy boots. 8)
They want to rub it in everybody's faces. Everybody is forced to 'tolerate' them.
I've never rubbed it in anyone's face without their permission. :wink: