(Il)Literacy Problem in the West

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: (Il)Literacy Problem in the West

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:04 am Most people are very open and honest about their intentions...if you are willing to actually listen or read what they have to say.
So most people are open and honest about their intentions, but most people don't listen.

It's interesting with what high and low esteem you hold most people.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:32 am
Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:33 am

At some point, people need to be 'serious' about what they believe to be true or not. This is required for open discussion and debate.
I seriously believe you are an idiot, which is something I am willing to openly discuss, but you seem the one reluctant to debate it.
With class clowns like Hairball, they are rarely serious, but they too take heed when arguments are too convincing to ignore.
That's true. Your stupidity is too convincing to ignore.
You're the class clown and nothing else, Hairball.

Remember that one time you tried to make a "serious" philosophy thread, got mad at me trolling it, then went right over to my thread and trolled?

You should, it was only a week or two ago. Although, it's pretty obvious you have a poor memory, in addition to your illiteracy.
I wasn't mad at you, I was messing about, you fool. I don't care what you say on any of my threads, whether they are serious or not. I welcome your presense, actually, it's very rewarding.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:21 amI wasn't mad at you, I was messing about,
Mhm, justify it however pleases you most, clowny.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:12 amSo most people are open and honest about their intentions, but most people don't listen.

I'm going on 20 years on these Western philosophy forums. It's not my first rodeo. I've picked up a few things along the way.

And it's common sense. Children generally 'receive' information while young. They listen more. Adults turn off the 'listening' and Receiver at different ages, some much earlier than others. Call it ignorance, close-mindedness, whatever. You know the types. That's why Philosophy is different between a group of opponents who practice Good-faith, or Bad-faith. Those who go into Philosophy with Bad-faith, are there to Proselytize. They have a set of axioms that they are unwilling to concede, at any cost. This is the 'honesty' I'm talking about. Most are proud of it, their Ignorance.

It's a coping-mechanism from person to person.

I'm not saying it's wise to be Open-minded forever, quite the contrary, eventually every individual needs to choose a set of beliefs and execute their lives on those chosen premises.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:00 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:58 amI do NOT care one iota about YOUR 'intent'.
Yes, and this is why you, and the class clowns, are illiterate.
Ah, so the now NEW 'sign' of being 'illiterate' IS, NOT caring about "another's" intent, right?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:00 am You cannot tell the difference between Statement and Belief.
REALLY?

If yes, I will NOT ask you ANY CLARIFYING QUESTIONS now, BECAUSE you have SHOWN that you will NOT anyway.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:00 am It also reflects a fundamentally Dishonest nature, which pollutes any attempt at Philosophy.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Talk about LYING and DECEIVING now.

And to PROVE that it is YOU who is LYING and DECEIVING here, when I ASK you to provide WHERE and WHEN I was, supposedly, being 'Dishonest' your FAILURE to provide absolutely ANY 'thing', which IS True AND Right, PROVES that it is YOU who IS LYING and DECEIVING here.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:04 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:58 amIt is like you have VERY DEEP SEEDED FEAR or DISTRUST of "others", as you seem to ALWAYS be CONCERNED and/or WORRIED ABOUT 'their intentions'.
Most people are very open and honest about their intentions...
YET you have NOT YET expressed YOUR intentions here, even though I have specifically ASKED you FOR 'them'.

So, NO Honesty NOR OPENNESS here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:04 am if you are willing to actually listen or read what they have to say.
LOL

you HAVE TO SAY 'it', BEFORE ANY one could even BEGIN to listen AND read.

We are STILL WAITING for you to be OPEN and Honest about YOUR intentions here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:04 am Maybe someday, when you become an adult, in your 30s perhaps, you'll become willing. Or, maybe not.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Talk about ATTEMPTS AT DEFLECTION, and DECEPTION.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:35 am
Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:21 amI wasn't mad at you, I was messing about,
Mhm, justify it however pleases you most, clowny.
Thank you.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:21 amYET you have NOT YET expressed YOUR intentions here, even though I have specifically ASKED you FOR 'them'.
Yes I did. I made this thread about Illiteracy, demonstrating two clear, concise, and consistent points 1) being able to read and write, repeat Verbatim, and 2) surmising, understanding, accepting or rejecting Intent. Then you came into the thread with your challenge. Then you said "I have no belief" (meaning, you have no belief in an infinite Universe). Then I responded that I do, personally, have that belief. Then I demonstrated your devious intention, which was not to proclaim your original belief through argument (Infinite Universe), but rather to argue for the sake of arguing.

So your intent was exposed (as false or a lie).

My intent was never hidden. Because my points are consistent from the start of this thread, to now, and to its end.

I do actually believe the Universe is Infinite, without Beginning nor End. So, you're simply wrong.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:40 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:12 amSo most people are open and honest about their intentions, but most people don't listen.

I'm going on 20 years on these Western philosophy forums. It's not my first rodeo. I've picked up a few things along the way.

And it's common sense. Children generally 'receive' information while young. They listen more. Adults turn off the 'listening' and Receiver at different ages, some much earlier than others. Call it ignorance, close-mindedness, whatever. You know the types. That's why Philosophy is different between a group of opponents who practice Good-faith, or Bad-faith. Those who go into Philosophy with Bad-faith, are there to Proselytize. They have a set of axioms that they are unwilling to concede, at any cost. This is the 'honesty' I'm talking about. Most are proud of it, their Ignorance.

It's a coping-mechanism from person to person.

I'm not saying it's wise to be Open-minded forever, quite the contrary, eventually every individual needs to choose a set of beliefs and execute their lives on those chosen premises.
So, to you it is 'more wise' to be CLOSED, and HOLD ONTO your CHOSEN BELIEFS, right?

Also, are you even aware that absolutely NO one NEEDS to choose ANY belief, let alone ANY 'set of beliefs'?

And, you have SHOWN that you have CHOSEN to NOT even argue for your OWN BELIEFS here. But this might just be because you do NOT YET even KNOW HOW TO.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:21 amYET you have NOT YET expressed YOUR intentions here, even though I have specifically ASKED you FOR 'them'.
Yes I did. I made this thread about Illiteracy, demonstrating two clear, concise, and consistent points 1) being able to read and write, repeat Verbatim, and 2) surmising, understanding, accepting or rejecting Intent.
This is what you DID. But what IS 'the intention' BEHIND DOING 'this'?

Do you even KNOW what the DIFFERENCE IS between 'ACTUAL intention' FROM 'just doing'?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am Then you came into the thread with your challenge. Then you said "I have no belief" (meaning, you have no belief in an infinite Universe). Then I responded that I do, personally, have that belief. Then I demonstrated your devious intention, which was not to proclaim your original belief through argument (Infinite Universe), but rather to argue for the sake of arguing.
LOL
LOL
LOL

you have COMPLETELY and UTTERLY MISSED what I WAS and AM DOING here.

Thus YOUR 'literacy skills' are NOT that good AT ALL, REALLY.

I will, ONCE AGAIN, suggest that you SEEK and GAIN CLARITY BEFORE you ASSUME absolutely ANY 'thing'. That way you could NEVER be Wrong.

I have NO devious intention AT ALL. Contrary to your OWN BELIEFS here. So, you NEVER 'demonstrated' ANY such 'thing'. you just expressed your OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS, ONLY.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am So your intent was exposed (as false or a lie).
LOL Even though I ALREADY TOLD you the above PREVIOUSLY you are STILL NOT LISTENING, and thus WHY you are STILL NOT COMPREHENDING and UNDERSTANDING.

Therefore, your 'literacy skills' are getting WORSE as we move along here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am My intent was never hidden.
So, WHAT WAS YOUR 'intent' here?

WHY will you NOT just ANSWER this question?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am Because my points are consistent from the start of this thread, to now, and to its end.
In other words you have ABSOLUTELY NO 'intention' of becoming OPEN to being Wrong, NOR to just being OPEN to CHANGE.

Consistently HOLDING ONTO what you currently BELIEVE is true does NOT mean that 'your points' are ACTUALLY 'consistent' with the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of 'things'
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am I do actually believe the Universe is Infinite, without Beginning nor End.
We KNOW this ALREADY. Especially considering the Fact that you have TOLD us this ALREADY.

What we are WAITING FOR is for you to ANSWER my CLARIFYING QUESTION posed TO you regarding this BELIEF of YOURS here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am So, you're simply wrong.
In regards to 'what', EXACTLY?

AND, why will you NOT answer ALL of my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS here?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:22 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:20 pmYou apparently rant more or less at random, yet somehow tend to start threads which are almost clinically designed to make us laugh at you, it's hard to guage what degree of chance can explain such an effect for it's hard to suppose it is the outcome you desire. For example you did an IQ thread recently and were quite clearly the least intelligent person to write a post within it.

Now you are talking about illiteracy and philosophy, but you haven't read any philosophy books, and if you tried to change that, you wouldn't be smart enough to understand them. You sabotage yourself with this nonsense.
Oh, look, it's Dopey, Clowny, and Ritalin! Three perfect examples which validate and prove the OP, well done! :lol:
I'm right about you never having read a philosophy book aren't I?

You can't answer the question of whether I am also right that you lack the literacy to succeed if you attempted to read one. But I am right on that count too.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:46 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:22 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:20 pmYou apparently rant more or less at random, yet somehow tend to start threads which are almost clinically designed to make us laugh at you, it's hard to guage what degree of chance can explain such an effect for it's hard to suppose it is the outcome you desire. For example you did an IQ thread recently and were quite clearly the least intelligent person to write a post within it.

Now you are talking about illiteracy and philosophy, but you haven't read any philosophy books, and if you tried to change that, you wouldn't be smart enough to understand them. You sabotage yourself with this nonsense.
Oh, look, it's Dopey, Clowny, and Ritalin! Three perfect examples which validate and prove the OP, well done! :lol:
I'm right about you never having read a philosophy book aren't I?

You can't answer the question of whether I am also right that you lack the literacy to succeed if you attempted to read one. But I am right on that count too.
I believe he has enough literacy to misunderstand just about any philosophy book.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:40 am This is the 'honesty' I'm talking about.
Ah, OK. If there'd been honesty in citation marks I might have got it. Cause that sure isn't honest without the citation marks.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:20 pmSo, to you it is 'more wise' to be CLOSED, and HOLD ONTO your CHOSEN BELIEFS, right?

Also, are you even aware that absolutely NO one NEEDS to choose ANY belief, let alone ANY 'set of beliefs'?

And, you have SHOWN that you have CHOSEN to NOT even argue for your OWN BELIEFS here. But this might just be because you do NOT YET even KNOW HOW TO.
How old are you? 14? 28? When you're older, you might understand someday... maybe. You're still just a child.

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:36 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am
Yes I did. I made this thread about Illiteracy, demonstrating two clear, concise, and consistent points 1) being able to read and write, repeat Verbatim, and 2) surmising, understanding, accepting or rejecting Intent.
This is what you DID. But what IS 'the intention' BEHIND DOING 'this'?

Do you even KNOW what the DIFFERENCE IS between 'ACTUAL intention' FROM 'just doing'?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am Then you came into the thread with your challenge. Then you said "I have no belief" (meaning, you have no belief in an infinite Universe). Then I responded that I do, personally, have that belief. Then I demonstrated your devious intention, which was not to proclaim your original belief through argument (Infinite Universe), but rather to argue for the sake of arguing.
LOL
LOL
LOL

you have COMPLETELY and UTTERLY MISSED what I WAS and AM DOING here.

Thus YOUR 'literacy skills' are NOT that good AT ALL, REALLY.

I will, ONCE AGAIN, suggest that you SEEK and GAIN CLARITY BEFORE you ASSUME absolutely ANY 'thing'. That way you could NEVER be Wrong.

I have NO devious intention AT ALL. Contrary to your OWN BELIEFS here. So, you NEVER 'demonstrated' ANY such 'thing'. you just expressed your OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS, ONLY.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am So your intent was exposed (as false or a lie).
LOL Even though I ALREADY TOLD you the above PREVIOUSLY you are STILL NOT LISTENING, and thus WHY you are STILL NOT COMPREHENDING and UNDERSTANDING.

Therefore, your 'literacy skills' are getting WORSE as we move along here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am My intent was never hidden.
So, WHAT WAS YOUR 'intent' here?

WHY will you NOT just ANSWER this question?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am Because my points are consistent from the start of this thread, to now, and to its end.
In other words you have ABSOLUTELY NO 'intention' of becoming OPEN to being Wrong, NOR to just being OPEN to CHANGE.

Consistently HOLDING ONTO what you currently BELIEVE is true does NOT mean that 'your points' are ACTUALLY 'consistent' with the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of 'things'
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am I do actually believe the Universe is Infinite, without Beginning nor End.
We KNOW this ALREADY. Especially considering the Fact that you have TOLD us this ALREADY.

What we are WAITING FOR is for you to ANSWER my CLARIFYING QUESTION posed TO you regarding this BELIEF of YOURS here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am So, you're simply wrong.
In regards to 'what', EXACTLY?

AND, why will you NOT answer ALL of my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS here?
I already told you once. I'm not going to repeat myself.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:46 pmI'm right about you never having read a philosophy book aren't I?

You're right to take Xanax and Antipsychotics. You're wrong about the dosage though; you obviously need double.