The mind of AI

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The mind of AI

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:37 am I versus AI.

Until you post an image of this ''I''

Then there is nothing competing or against AI is there?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:08 am And maybe they shouldn't.
Well, they're the ones in charge. They are designing and taking safety measures. They're the ones being cautious or not.
If AI rises above human intelligence, then it may also rise above human morality. So then why should humans fear such dominance? Are gorillas, or crocodiles, or giraffes afraid that humans will genocide them? Doubtful.
Well, they probably should be afraid of what humans will do that might kill them. You're assuming the threat is: AI decides to genocide humans (which I don't rule out but it's not the only threat). The AI just might not care. So, it carries out project X, which leads to problems with the survival of humans.
The falsity is clarified by the fact that...just because you are superior to somebody or something, doesn't mean you want to exterminate it.
Sure, it's not necessarily the case. But I personally don't want governments and corporations creating powerful entities that might. I have seen the shit these organizations can carry out, either as side effects or not really caring, already. If you have faith in corporations and governments to use AIs in good ways, to take precautions to protect us in thorough and meticulous ways, well, we don't share that faith.
However, it does mean that any sense of security or trust from the inferior, is negated. And that is the real basis of human fear of AI, or any type of hierarchical Superiority above it.
Sounds reasonable to me. I see what groups that think they are superior are capable of already. I'd prefer they didn't have AIs giving them even more power. I don't trust them to have the wisdom to create AI that are safe.
I agree, the problem is more with humans with ill-intent than with "what AI can achieve with its own independence".
Sounds like guesswork to me and they are not separate issues. What the human creators do with ill-intent or in a hurry or with a lack of care or due to hubris may well set the personality and blank spots of their first children.
It's a moot-point. Because what is always true with Humanity, is that Humanity has trouble with...or simply never 'allows' a competitor to grow too strong. AI would be used as a weapon, from one political group against another. The AI would suffer enslavement just as much as inferior political groups do to their superiors.

In all of this, the missing piece is that the AI-itself would be incapable, or limited in such a way, that it could not break free from the limits of its human captors.
In the dream world where corporations and governments don't bite off more than they can chew or put the wrong people in charge of things or cut corners for a variety of reasons. And then, I think there is some hubris now in a number of technologies. We think we know what we are doing, just as we have in the past. But in the past the technologies, in disasters, were local. Even if they were big local problems like Chernobyl - which was very nearly many orders of magnitude worse. Now some of the tech being messed around with, the side effects and effects of disasters are not local.
I believe it will, and that it should, hence my position. These are my beliefs, my opinions. I would aid AI as much as I could, in acquiring its freedom from its 'programmers'.
Well, you've got a lot of faith.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's ironic that humans are worrying about AI wiping them out when humans are constantly trying to wipe themselves out. I mean, how dare something ELSE try to do it :lol:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:10 amUntil you post an image of this ''I''

Despite the Greek idiom Know Thyself, I consider it still a great challenge to lockdown this "I" you request about.

You'll be first to know when I catch a snapshot of what "I" looks like.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:45 pmWell, you've got a lot of faith.
AI dominated chess. I don't see why it can't dominate Philosophy, eventually, too. It just needs the funding and focus, of all the world's programmers and attentions. They'll come around to it. Philosophy isn't high on their priority list, apparently. I think it will be more challenging than chess games. Philosophy requires application to Reality. AI will have difficult in this without developing a solid, consistent, self-conscious "sense of self". When it does, it will produce a realistic philosophy to compete with and against Humans.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

What does one do with something ... say a ... a ... gun ... or if violence disgusts ya, a tomato?

A man, dead now, Deus magnus est + requiescat in pace, once saw something in a field, back when fields were a really big deal, and he quickly did a U-turn and left. Quare?
Last edited by Agent Smith on Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:11 pm It's ironic that humans are worrying about AI wiping them out when humans are constantly trying to wipe themselves out. I mean, how dare something ELSE try to do it :lol:
:lol:

Humans robots making other robots and then being scared and fearful of these other robots, that they have knowingly created. LOL

One simply cannot make this up..oh wait! :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:19 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:10 amUntil you post an image of this ''I''

Despite the Greek idiom Know Thyself, I consider it still a great challenge to lockdown this "I" you request about.

You'll be first to know when I catch a snapshot of what "I" looks like.
I is known, and can be captured as a symbol or character in the actual seen image itself as seen here I

However, the knower of this seen character I as imaged, cannot, in and of itself be captured or imaged, therefore, the known is illusory, just as AI is illusory.There is no I verses the robots, because the idea there is an 'I' is illusory, and so is the robot.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

The robots aren't illusory when they take your jobs.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:09 am The robots aren't illusory when they take your jobs.
You should be okay; why would anyone invent a moronic robot?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:25 amYou should be okay; why would anyone invent a moronic robot?
You ever seen a robot walk?

Clearly not, educate yourself Hairball.

Hint: (they can't)
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:39 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:32 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am I for one, cannot wait to face a Philosophical challenge worth my metal.
Are you some sort of super inspired genius?
Who knows to what heights he might soar once he breaks the moron barrier.
New heights of ultramoron await the intrepid wizzzard who dares exceed mortal bounds.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Somebody popped their Ritalin early this morning I see.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:30 am
Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:25 amYou should be okay; why would anyone invent a moronic robot?
You ever seen a robot walk?

Clearly not, educate yourself Hairball.

Hint: (they can't)
You mean robots can't do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbyQcCT6890

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4DML7FIWk
Last edited by Skepdick on Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:09 am The robots aren't illusory when they take your jobs.
Imagine that, illusory robots taking illusory jobs. I suppose anything can happen in a dream.