humor and being ''WOKE''

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: humor and being ''WOKE''

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:14 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:09 am Wokies have destroyed humour and made people uncomfortable about laughing at pretty much anything. Apparently no one bothers to make comedies any more because there's no point. Creativity is lost because of having to be constantly aware that the holier-than-thou cult of woke is watching and waiting to get faux 'offended-on-behalf-of' some 'vulnerable group of the month' or other.
Just to be clear, my comment "same to you VT" was in reference to "missing you terribly" not in "growing on me a little". Just in case clarification is needed.
All good Gary. I knew what you meant. I would miss you too :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:09 am Wokies have destroyed humour and made people uncomfortable about laughing at pretty much anything. Apparently no one bothers to make comedies any more because there's no point. Creativity is lost because of having to be constantly aware that the holier-than-thou cult of woke is watching and waiting to get faux 'offended-on-behalf-of' some 'vulnerable group of the month' or other.
The freedom we have on this forum to say just about anything we want to is quite remarkable these days. We should appreciate it while we've got it.
vegetariantaxidermy

And not only are comedians not allowed to do comedy any more, they are also required to have pristine, monkish personal lives. Nothing less will do for our modern day version of Puritanism.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 am
The freedom we have on this forum to say just about anything we want to is quite remarkable these days. We should appreciate it while we've got it.
Exactly. Wokies have no power on here and has anyone died as a result? I doubt it somehow.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:16 am
Just to be clear, my comment "same to you VT" was in reference to "missing you terribly" not in "growing on me a little". Just in case clarification is needed.
And I would miss both of you. How about a group hug?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:16 am

And I would miss both of you. How about a group hug?
I'll go for that. After losing Dad, I welcome a good hug.
vegetariantaxidermy

Ugh. Might as well ask me to 'high five' :lol:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:34 am Ugh. Might as well ask me to 'high five' :lol:
No worries. A good jab does the trick too. It'll keep me paying attention.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:34 am Ugh. Might as well ask me to 'high five' :lol:
No, it's not really my style, either. :)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:43 am
Anyone with half a brain lobe would know you and vegetariantaxidermy are fist bumprers.
vegetariantaxidermy

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:01 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:43 am
Anyone with half a brain lobe would know you and vegetariantaxidermy are fist bumprers.
What's a 'fist bumprer'? Or even a fist 'bumper'? Should I know?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 am The freedom we have on this forum to say just about anything we want to is quite remarkable these days. We should appreciate it while we've got it.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:28 amExactly. Wokies have no power on here and has anyone died as a result? I doubt it somehow.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:23 am
What's a 'fist bumprer'? Or even a fist 'bumper'? Should I know?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:56 pm It's the only thing I'm any good at.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sonic say's Hi! :wink:
Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:43 amNo, it's not really my style, either. :)