humor and being ''WOKE''

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Peter Kropotkin

humor and being ''WOKE''

Post by Peter Kropotkin »

The act of humor depends on being ''WOKE" to
''be aware" conscious of, is the very heart of comedy..
think of the vast number of comedians who are center-
left, if not outright left.. and now, think of the number
of comedians who are conservative?
Can't think of too many who are conservatives...
that is because comedy, humor has a left wing bent...
political humor especially comes from the left, rarely from
the right..I recall the political humor of my youth.. the
Smothers Brothers for example... onto the political humor
of such comedians as Will Durst, who still lives in SF...

the effect of humor is often to awaken one to the trials and
tribulations of being human.... and that is the very essential
being of "WOKE''....that Obama is quite funny..
and compare him to two people who don't even know what
the word funny means, bush Jr. and IQ45.. JFK was pretty
funny and Nixon was not....can you spot the theme of who
is funny and who is not? In fact, while thinking about it,
I can't even think of a right wing politician who is funny?

No, I can't either... woke is a left wing trait...and so is humor....

Kropotkin
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: humor and being ''WOKE''

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Humour is liberal, which is why wokies hate it so much.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

and so much of the best humor is about those kinds of people that identify with the left, too. how many excellent jokes can be made about homosexuals, transsexuals, cross dressers and drag queens, baby mommas on a BLM trip talkin bout naw fuck that to the POleece, cucks, beta-males that look like my sister, k.d. lang lesbians, new age environmentally friendly gluten free vegan software programmers and app developers, the list goes on.

but make no mistake. jokes about conservatives are just as rich and sometimes unmatched by anything from the left. I'm only saying there is just as much content on the Left, keter p.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

But I'm like Harbal. Give me something to make fun of and I am complete, I am whole. I care not where it comes from.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:36 pm But I'm like Harbal. Give me something to make fun of and I am complete, I am whole. I care not where it comes from.
Except that Harbal's funny.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:36 pm But I'm like Harbal. Give me something to make fun of and I am complete, I am whole. I care not where it comes from.
It's the only thing I'm any good at.
vegetariantaxidermy

Making people laugh is a pretty big thing to be good at.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:56 pm Except that Harbal's funny.
Well I had to bring something to the party, and it was never going to be philosophy. :)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:56 pm
We all have our talents. Fortunately, wisdom is something anyone can practice, even without a special license or specialized knowledge.

I would so miss you terribly if you stopped hanging out on Philosophy Now. Wish I could say the same of AJ, but he's beginning to grow on me a little. :D
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:00 am Making people laugh is a pretty big thing to be good at.
You too, VT. We couldn't replace you with a billion chatbots. Heaven help us if we ever reach a point where AI is the only thing talking on the Internet. Ugh. What a horrible thought!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 am
We all have our talents. Fortunately, wisdom is something anyone can practice, even without a special license or specialized knowledge.

I would so miss you terribly if you stopped hanging out on Philosophy Now. Wish I could say the same of AJ, but he's beginning to grow on me a little. :D
I've no plans to go anywhere, and I'm sure AJ will be just as pleased about that as you are. :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Wokies have destroyed humour and made people uncomfortable about laughing at pretty much anything. Apparently no one bothers to make comedies any more because there's no point. Creativity is lost because of having to be constantly aware that the holier-than-thou cult of woke is watching and waiting to get faux 'offended-on-behalf-of' some 'vulnerable group of the month' or other.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:07 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 am

I've no plans to go anywhere, and I'm sure AJ will be just as pleased about that as you are. :)
I suppose you are right in some respects. Though, I kind of envision AJ missing you in the way Roy Rogers would miss Gabby Hayes. I would miss you in the way Russel may have missed Wittgenstein.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:09 am Wokies have destroyed humour and made people uncomfortable about laughing at pretty much anything. Apparently no one bothers to make comedies any more because there's no point. Creativity is lost because of having to be constantly aware that the holier-than-thou cult of woke is watching and waiting to get faux 'offended-on-behalf-of' some 'vulnerable group of the month' or other.
Just to be clear, my comment "same to you VT" was in reference to "missing you terribly" not in "growing on me a little". Just in case clarification is needed.
vegetariantaxidermy

Remember when people could joke about women's huge, smelly vaginas? Those were the days. Or ist that still allowed? It's so hard to keep up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6bSf5J ... edyCentral