A Macro Goat or A Cluster of Micro Particles?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: A Macro Goat or A Cluster of Micro Particles?

Post by Harbal »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:25 am Seems like you're just making stuff up again and ascribing it to realists.
VA decides beforehand what he wants his outcome to be, and then shuffles the rules about until they permit him to get away with it. At least in his own mind. :?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:32 am Wait, you think there are 3 different goats? What?
It is not what you are thinking.
Yes, there are three different model-dependent goats, i.e. the common sense, the biological, the QM model dependent goats.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:38 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:32 am Wait, you think there are 3 different goats? What?
Yes, there are three different model-dependent goats, i.e. the common sense, the biological, the QM model dependent goats.
There are three different descriptions. I have no idea what you're saying.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:38 am
There are three different descriptions. I have no idea what you're saying.
The common sense and the biological are not discrete. Nor is the qm. There's a whoe bunch of research on qm effects in the biology of animals. One of the first was with bird navigation and quantum effects, but there's a lot more now. So, 1) these are not discrete categories. They overlap 2) there is not necessarily 1 goat per model. There can be multiple goats according to qm conclusions. Multiple versions of THAT goat.

Notice also that the goats are dependent on the models. So, it's not merely that there is no mind independent goat (reality). Those goats depend on the models for what they are.

Of course goats are perceivers. If the goat is looking at us, then it is cocreating us.

And what are the objective moral facts related to humans in goat morality?