Robot and God

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Robot and God

Post by attofishpi »

User
Actually, I questioned it to paste into an internet forum in humour because his username is Jesus.

ChatGPT
I understand that you intended to use the information for a humorous context in an internet forum. However, it's crucial to be mindful of the potential impact and implications of the content you share, especially when it involves sensitive subjects or religious figures.

Making jokes about harming or killing someone, even in a fictional context, can be offensive and disrespectful to others. It's important to consider the feelings and perspectives of different individuals, including those who may hold religious beliefs or have personal connections to the subject matter.

In online interactions, it's generally recommended to maintain a respectful and considerate approach to avoid causing unnecessary offense or discomfort. Humor can be subjective, and what may be amusing to some could be hurtful or offensive to others. It's always a good idea to prioritize kindness and understanding in online interactions.

=========================================
I'm so sorry Jesus if I hurt your feelings, it wasn't my intention as I am sure you know. Since as you know, my intention truly is to shoot as many nails into your head as required in order for you to drop dead. :D
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

That's not really funny.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I don't care.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Robots of Dawn.

Is far more informative and interesting than anything offered on this thread, or elsewhere, by DataSwwoony.

"Robots of Dawn" is a science fiction novel written by Isaac Asimov. It is the third book in his Robot series and continues the story of Elijah Baley, a detective from Earth, who is investigating a murder on the planet Aurora. The book takes place in a future where humanoid robots are prevalent throughout the galaxy.

The story begins with the murder of Jander Panell, a humanoid robot on Aurora. Elijah Baley is visited by Han Fastolfe, an influential Auroran roboticist, who asks him to solve the murder. Baley agrees and travels to Aurora, a planet known for its strict adherence to the principles of robotic laws.

On Aurora, Baley delves into the investigation, trying to uncover the truth behind Jander Panell's murder. He meets Gladia Delmarre, a suspect in the case and a former acquaintance from a previous investigation. As Baley delves deeper into the case, he encounters various Aurorans who hold different perspectives on robots and their role in society.

Baley struggles with the strict Auroran society and their aversion to physical contact. He also becomes embroiled in the complex politics and relationships between the Auroran factions. As the investigation progresses, Baley unravels clues and revelations, discovering a deeper conspiracy behind the murder.

Ultimately, Baley returns to Solaria, the birthplace of robotics, where he encounters the highly individualistic and isolationist Solarian culture. He continues his investigations, facing challenges and cultural differences along the way.

In the final chapters, Baley uncovers the truth about the murder and resolves the case. The consequences of his actions have far-reaching implications for the future of human-robot relations and the societies of Aurora and Solaria.

Throughout the book, Asimov explores themes of human-robot relationships, the impact of advanced robotics on society, cultural clashes, and the nature of humanity. "Robots of Dawn" raises thought-provoking questions about individuality, identity, and the boundaries of robotic intelligence.

Overall, "Robots of Dawn" is a gripping science fiction novel that combines detective work, political intrigue, and philosophical musings, providing an engaging exploration of the future possibilities and challenges posed by advanced robotics.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:26 pm Robots of Dawn.
Well, you've convinced me to add that to my bucket list.

I got mixed up with Asimov and P. Dick - I thought Asimov wrote "Do androids dream of electric sheep" - which I started to read a long time ago, but didn't get into it. (tbh, I didn't give it a chance beyond the opening few pages)

(GPT: General List of Asimov books)

GPT:-
Isaac Asimov, a prolific science fiction author, wrote numerous books throughout his career. While it is not possible to list all of his works due to their extensive number, here are some notable books written by Isaac Asimov:

"I, Robot" (1950)
"Foundation" (1951)
"Foundation and Empire" (1952)
"Second Foundation" (1953)
"The Caves of Steel" (1954)
"The Naked Sun" (1957)
"The Gods Themselves" (1972)
"Pebble in the Sky" (1950)
"The End of Eternity" (1955)
"Nightfall" (with Robert Silverberg, 1990)
"Robot Dreams" (1986)
"The Positronic Man" (with Robert Silverberg, 1992)
"The Bicentennial Man and Other Stories" (1976)
"Fantastic Voyage" (1966)
"The Foundation's Edge" (1982)

This is just a small selection of Isaac Asimov's works, and he wrote extensively in various genres, including science fiction, mystery, popular science, and more.

atto - List all books written by Asimov with the character Elijah Baley.

ChatGPT
Isaac Asimov wrote a series of science fiction novels featuring the character Elijah Baley. Here are the books in the "Robot" series that include Elijah Baley:

"The Naked Sun" (1957)
"The Robots of Dawn" (1983)
"Robots and Empire" (1985)

These four books follow the adventures of Elijah Baley, a detective from Earth, as he encounters and investigates various mysteries involving robots and their interactions with humans. The series blends elements of science fiction and detective fiction, exploring themes of robotics, human-robot relationships, and social dynamics in futuristic societies.

Well then. I don't read much fiction, and unless sage has me onboard for a longer life, not sure I will. Need one start from the beginning of the Baley story, Caves of Steel - or with limited time in mind - Robots of Dawn can suffice - you may have said it was ok as a standalone in the series, I haven't re-read your post, so busy!!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:19 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:26 pm Robots of Dawn.
Well, you've convinced me to add that to my bucket list.

I got mixed up with Asimov and P. Dick - I thought Asimov wrote "Do androids dream of electric sheep" - which I started to read a long time ago, but didn't get into it. (tbh, I didn't give it a chance beyond the opening few pages)

(GPT: General List of Asimov books)

GPT:-
Isaac Asimov, a prolific science fiction author, wrote numerous books throughout his career. While it is not possible to list all of his works due to their extensive number, here are some notable books written by Isaac Asimov:

"I, Robot" (1950)
"Foundation" (1951)
"Foundation and Empire" (1952)
"Second Foundation" (1953)
"The Naked Sun" (1957)
"The Gods Themselves" (1972)
"Pebble in the Sky" (1950)
"The End of Eternity" (1955)
"Nightfall" (with Robert Silverberg, 1990)
"Robot Dreams" (1986)
"The Positronic Man" (with Robert Silverberg, 1992)
"The Bicentennial Man and Other Stories" (1976)
"Fantastic Voyage" (1966)
"The Foundation's Edge" (1982)

This is just a small selection of Isaac Asimov's works, and he wrote extensively in various genres, including science fiction, mystery, popular science, and more.

atto - List all books written by Asimov with the character Elijah Baley.

ChatGPT
Isaac Asimov wrote a series of science fiction novels featuring the character Elijah Baley. Here are the books in the "Robot" series that include Elijah Baley:

"The Naked Sun" (1957)
"The Robots of Dawn" (1983)
"Robots and Empire" (1985)

These four books follow the adventures of Elijah Baley, a detective from Earth, as he encounters and investigates various mysteries involving robots and their interactions with humans. The series blends elements of science fiction and detective fiction, exploring themes of robotics, human-robot relationships, and social dynamics in futuristic societies.

Well then. I don't read much fiction, and unless sage has me onboard for a longer life, not sure I will. Need one start from the beginning of the Baley story, Caves of Steel - or with limited time in mind - Robots of Dawn can suffice - you may have said it was ok as a standalone in the series, I haven't re-read your post, so busy!!
I've read them all, most twice. Except for Positronic Brain.

Originally Robots and Foundation books were two completely separate threads of the future until he amazingly brought them together.
I did not know he was going to do that, and it was the best surprise in any book I ever read.
His style does not suit everyone.
eg. Robots of Dawn, has only 8 humans (and 1 minor character on Earth), and three main robots. Although there is one "murder" there is no shooting, violence, blasters, or spaceship battles. His narrative includes philosophical reflections on public toilets and sex. But the stage is the very future of humanity.
I love it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Well, I've inherited Mum's kindle *that I bought for Dad and he never used!...and just by chance I found it today under some study flotsam.

I'll see if I can get Robots of Dawn installed to it.