YOU are Abrahamic

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: YOU are Abrahamic

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:42 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:23 am there are Many gods not just One.
What if there are the many of the ONE?
Oh, sometimes you are so Hindu :P
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:23 am I lean toward Paganism and Roman Catholicism (Secularism).
Roman Catholicism is potentially paganist, at least compared to most versions of Protestantism. But how do you see this mix. I mean most Roman Catholics would contrast their religion with paganism and consider the latter wrong and even evil. And when you say secularism there that means you want the religion to be separate from the State, or?
I would consider myself Polytheistic; there are Many gods not just One.
OK, and presumably this is part of the paganism.
I do not consider myself exempt from these categories. Although I do want alternatives/choices.
IOW you are still searching for some set of beliefs? or a good label for what you already believe?
I think we owe it to ourselves, as Philosophers, to demand more than "One" Universal solution. There has to be more than what is presented to us by the fundamentalists on the Left or Right. There are other directions than Two.
Agreed. I think the selling of the binary options is one of the best and effective power plays ever.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:07 am
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:32 amSolution to what?
Existence.

What is "The Big Bang" a theory of? Why? How was it conceived? Why are there no alternatives despite Secularists claiming "we're not Abrahamic!"?
I'm not without interest in where we came from, and what existence is all about, and as much as it would be fascinating to know, I don't actually need to know. I certainly don't need to adopt, or construct, a belief system in order to cope with being here. :?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

I mean Secular in the sense that I don't even see separation between Church and State, hence why this thread is here.

How are the Church and State separate in function or reality? Both are ingrained in morality. In the United States, right now, the current news cycles and arguments revolve around LGBTQ+ and teaching sodomy to children in public schools. This is a moral conflict. You could say that the State endorses it, and "Abrahamism" opposes it, but you'd be wrong. Because the Protestants, who are Abrahamic, support the LGBTQ+. So does this then mean that the 'Secularists' are the Conservatives who oppose it, and that it must be taught in State-sanctioned areas? Because they're not Churches? And Sex is not fundamentally Moral?

This is why people can't make solid defenses of their positions, rationally, when they keep contradicting their own principles.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:20 amI'm not without interest in where we came from, and what existence is all about, and as much as it would be fascinating to know, I don't actually need to know. I certainly don't need to adopt, or construct, a belief system in order to cope with being here. :?
I don't see it as a "cope".

I see it as life's greatest Adventure.

The Great Mystery
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:20 am In the United States, right now, the current news cycles and arguments revolve around LGBTQ+ and teaching sodomy to children in public schools.
Is the teaching purely theoretical, or are students allowed to practice on each other?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:25 amIs the teaching purely theoretical, or are students allowed to practice on each other?
The teaching is real. I wouldn't be surprised if teachers start raping children within the decade, given how quickly Western Civilization is declining.

And the FBI will label anybody who resists as white supremacist domestic terrorists.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:27 am
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:25 amIs the teaching purely theoretical, or are students allowed to practice on each other?
The teaching is real. I wouldn't be surprised if teachers start raping children within the decade, given how quickly Western Civilization is declining.

And the FBI will label anybody who resists as white supremacist domestic terrorists.
Yes, I'm sure. :roll:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:43 amYes, I'm sure. :roll:
And when it happens, you'll deny it and stick in your head in the sand like the rest of your type.

Denial is how we've regressed to this point already. Ignorance is Bliss.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:10 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:42 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:23 am there are Many gods not just One.
What if there are the many of the ONE?
Oh, sometimes you are so Hindu :P
So it seems. :P
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:21 am
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:20 amI'm not without interest in where we came from, and what existence is all about, and as much as it would be fascinating to know, I don't actually need to know. I certainly don't need to adopt, or construct, a belief system in order to cope with being here. :?
I don't see it as a "cope".

I see it as life's greatest Adventure.

The Great Mystery
Distraction is a coping mechanism for some people. Why are we always distracting ourselves? and from what?
We're all going to die one day.

Also, Life is not for everyone, the great adventurous mystery is not for everyone.

Life is only given to you once, and that for some is even too much.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:40 am
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:43 amYes, I'm sure. :roll:
And when it happens, you'll deny it and stick in your head in the sand like the rest of your type.

Denial is how we've regressed to this point already. Ignorance is Bliss.
Really? Here, in the UK, you hardly dare speak to a child, and you certainly wouldn't dare to touch one. If you happen to be passing a school yard, you try not to so much as glance at any of the kids in it, for fear of being accused of potential paedophilia. The paranoia about kids has become rediculous. Kids do need protecting, but protecting from actual danger, not from imagined threats dreamed up by "your type".
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:56 amReally? Here, in the UK, you hardly dare speak to a child, and you certainly wouldn't dare to touch one. If you happen to be passing a school yard, you try not to so much as glance at any of the kids in it, for fear of being accused of potential paedophilia. The paranoia about kids has become rediculous. Kids do need protecting, but protecting from actual danger, not from imagined threats dreamed up by "your type".
So teaching sodomy to kids is morally acceptable to you...got it.

You have no moral authority to suggest anything to me or "my type". You are completely debased and godless.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:56 amReally? Here, in the UK, you hardly dare speak to a child, and you certainly wouldn't dare to touch one. If you happen to be passing a school yard, you try not to so much as glance at any of the kids in it, for fear of being accused of potential paedophilia. The paranoia about kids has become rediculous. Kids do need protecting, but protecting from actual danger, not from imagined threats dreamed up by "your type".
So teaching sodomy to kids is morally acceptable to you...got it.

You have no moral authority to suggest anything to me or "my type". You are completely debased and godless.
Wiz, you’re being absolutely ridiculous again. Take your head out of your ass, hit it with a hammer many times and hold your breath until you see the light.