My nephew's fifth birthday party.

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: My nephew's fifth birthday party.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:56 am I presented an exaggerated tale for the purpose of showing how the argument from moral diversity can take a stronger form than is commonly assumed, on a philosophy forum where that sort of thing is supposed to get discussed.... and then nothing but howling mad grandmas losing their fucking shit over nothing.

The kid is 20 now, so I guess I'll see if he is still in anguish over this horrible injustice from 15 years ago next time I see him. You guys are really fucking weird.
Another ageist, misogynistic wokie. This is getting tediously predictable.

Post by Age »

ThinkOfOne wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:06 pm
ThinkOfOne wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm As if it weren't bad enough that the "adults" lied to all the children playing that game, they then tried to sell him a load with the idea that it was done out of "fairness". No doubt he understood that THAT was a lie too. No wonder that he cried "twice as hard as before".

No surprise that he "agreed it was fair and affirmed that he understood". A five-year-old being brow beat by multiple "adults"? What could he say?

All the "adults" involved need to apologize and explain that they were wrong and where they got it wrong. Lest he grow up to be an adult that is as clueless about morality and fairness as them. Most likely the "adults" are clueless because of a similar experience when they were children.
'Most likely'. It is EXACTLY WHY ALL adults ENDED UP DOING Wrong.
ThinkOfOne wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm If you don't understand everywhere you got it wrong, you really need to have a think on it.
But, obviously, 'you', adult human beings, can NOT 'have a think on it' WHEN 'you' do NOT even KNOW WHERE 'you' got 'it' Wrong.
ThinkOfOne wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm You guys mucked things up about as much as could be. Even worse, you believe the ridiculous rationalizations that you generated so that you could feel good about it.
Is there AN adult human being who does NOT 'muck things up' NOR does NOT BELIEVE the RIDICULOUS "rationalizations" generated so that 'they' could feel good about the ACTUAL Wrong that 'they' ARE DOING, some of which 'they' do NOT YET even RECOGNIZE and KNOW 'they' ARE DOING?
Based on how you framed your responses, evidently you hold views that are pretty simplistic.
My views are NOT 'pretty simplistic' they are VERY SIMPLISTIC, and this IS BECAUSE 'Life' and 'living' IS Truly JUST, VERY SIMPLE, and, INDEED, VERY EASY as well, I will add.
ThinkOfOne wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm For example:
??? "It is EXACTLY WHY ALL adults ENDED UP DOING Wrong".
There's more to it than that.
Just SAYING, and PROPOSING, ' There is more to 'it' than 'that' ', IS SAYING NOTHING AT ALL, REALLY.

Unless you PROVIDE ACTUAL examples of these ALLEGED 'more', then there REALLY is, LITERALLY, NOTHING to LOOK AT, NOR DISCUSS, here.

By the way, even IF 'there were 'more' to MY CLAIM that ALL of 'you', adult human beings, ARE CLUELESS DUE to 'your' past experiences is ALL the INFORMATION that is NEEDED to CREATE the GOAL, which I have SET OUT here.

'you', adult human beings, can add as much or as little 'MORE' ONTO 'that INFORMATION', which is of absolutely NO concern to me. However, AS LONG AS 'that INFORMATION' is FULLY UNDERSTOOD, FULLY AGREED WITH, and FULLY ACCEPTED, then 'you', people, CAN and WILL LEARN what TO DO and what NOT TO DO, in the future, that is; IF 'you' ALL Truly DO WANT to MAKE Life, and living, BETTER for 'your' children.
ThinkOfOne wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm ??? "human beings, can NOT 'have a think on it' WHEN [they] do NOT even KNOW WHERE [they] got 'it' Wrong. While many are incapable of doing so, there are many who can.
REALLY?

So, HOW, EXACTLY, can one have a 'think on it' WHEN they do NOT YET even KNOW what the 'it' IS?

you CLAIMED, If you don't understand everywhere you got it wrong, you really need to have a think on it.

So, will you now INFORM us of HOW you can have a 'think on it' WHEN you do NOT even understand WHERE you got 'it wrong'?

In other words, if you do NOT YET KNOW you ARE doing some 'thing' wrong, then HOW, EXACTLY, can you 'have a think on the wrong that you do NOT YET KNOW that you are DOING?

By the way, if you do NOT quote Correctly, like you have NOT above here, then some 'readers' might MISINTERPRET who SAID 'what', and who is SAYING 'what' here.

Also, CHANGING words, and then QUOTING those CHANGED WORDS to someone "ELSE" could be seen as attempting to DECEIVE, right?

Also, WHY are there question marks in your quotes?
ThinkOfOne wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm Also, your question is poorly framed. Care to try again?
SURE.

1. Is there an adult human being who does NOT 'muck things up'?

If yes, then WHO, EXACTLY?

2. Is there an adult human being who does NOT BELIEVE the RIDICULOUS "rationalizations" that they generate, in order so that 'they' could feel good about the wrong that they have done?

If yes, then WHO, EXACTLY?

3. Of ALL of those who are NOT listed above, (if there are ANY), could they, or you, be generating "rationalizations", in order to feel good about "yourselves" even in regards to the wrong that you/they ARE DOING, but as of YET still do NOT YET RECOGNIZE 'that wrong'?

4. In other words, could the reason you ARE generating "rationalizations", in order to feel 'better' about "yourselves", be because you do NOT YET CONSCIOUSLY KNOW what you ARE DOING Wrong, but just INSTINCTIVELY KNOW that you ARE DOING Wrong, in some way?

Are my questions better framed here now, or are you still NOT understanding them?

By the way, the last couple of questions here you are NOT YET expected to FULLY COMPREHENDED nor UNDERSTOOD, and this is just because you STILL have quite some MORE LEARNING to do here. But they are 'framed' in a way so that when MORE or FULLY COMPREHENSION and UNDERSTANDING has been gained or obtained here, then the questions do make PERFECT SENSE, to 'those ones'.
Last edited by Age on Sat May 06, 2023 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:23 pm
ThinkOfOne wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:13 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:04 pm
What was the thing I was recasting, and what makes my version of it weak. Please address the argument rather than trying to make this personal.
Why are pretending that I haven't already stated what makes your "recasting" weak?

"Please address the argument rather than trying to make this personal."? That's really rich coming from you given your posts on this thread.
You wrote some stuff about adults being bad. That is nothing to do with the arg from moral disagreement, but what I wrote was about that arg. So do you understand the argument from moral disagreement?

It seems that you don't, but that you also cannot admit that sort of thing. If you ask, I will explain it for you and show you how my OP relates. Or you can keep doing the same shit.
I do NOT YET UNDERSTAND 'your' VERSION of the so-called 'argument from moral disagreement' "flashdangerpants", so will 'you' EXPLAIN 'it' for me, and SHOW me how 'your' opening post relates to 'your' VERSION of the so-called 'argument from moral disagreement'?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Oh, and by the way, WHICH VERSION of the so-called 'argument from moral disagreement' do you WANT TO USE here, and ARE USING here?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:06 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:00 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:24 pm That's just wrong. And the 'faux winner' would have known it was an empty 'win' too. Children are far more intelligent than adults. I feel for your nephew. He now knows that adults are disingenuous, deceitful liars.
Well that child is NOT the ONLY one on earth. As just about EVERY "other" child, in the days when this is being written, have HAD TO grow up with and endure disingenuous, deceitful lying adults. Do you 'feel' for ALL of these ones too?
Why wouldn't I?
Although I ALREADY KNOW the ANSWER here, REALLY ONLY 'you' could Truly INFORM 'us' of 'this'.

I just ASKED 'you' a 'Yes' or 'No' responsive QUESTION.

Which, by the way, has NOT YET been ANSWERED.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:59 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:56 am I presented an exaggerated tale for the purpose of showing how the argument from moral diversity can take a stronger form than is commonly assumed, on a philosophy forum where that sort of thing is supposed to get discussed.... and then nothing but howling mad grandmas losing their fucking shit over nothing.

The kid is 20 now, so I guess I'll see if he is still in anguish over this horrible injustice from 15 years ago next time I see him. You guys are really fucking weird.
This you.....?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:40 am his old slapper of a wife
Fuck off hypocrite.
vegetariantaxidermy

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:41 pm

This you.....?
Fuck off hypocrite.
I'm not woke, dipship. She IS a vile old slapper.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 am

This you.....?
Fuck off hypocrite.
You're an old slapper too though. Your vagina is nothing but a portal to an old leather sock full of dry sand.
vegetariantaxidermy

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:59 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 am
This you.....?

Fuck off hypocrite.
You're an old slapper too though. Your vagina is nothing but a portal to an old leather sock full of dry sand.
Have to give you credit for not putting 'literally' before 'nothing' I suppose...