As long as True(L,x) remains uncomputable humanity may soon perish

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

PeteOlcott

Re: As long as True(L,x) remains uncomputable humanity may soon perish

Post by PeteOlcott »

wtf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:36 pm
PeteOlcott wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:11 pm Actually they are simply gullible fools that act like a herd of sheep because of groupthink. They make the huge mistake of believing that there was election fraud entirely on the basis that other people say that they believe it too.
You mean the Democrats in 2016?
Anyone that believes that there was sufficient election fraud in the 2020 election to overturn the election absent any evidence of this is a gullible fool by definition.
wtf

Post by wtf »

PeteOlcott wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:03 pm
Anyone that believes that there was sufficient election fraud in the 2020 election to overturn the election absent any evidence of this is a gullible fool by definition.
I see you avoided responding to the point I made.
PeteOlcott

Post by PeteOlcott »

wtf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:19 pm
PeteOlcott wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:03 pm
I see you avoided responding to the point I made.
I have hard facts you have only rhetoric
https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2 ... ion-trump/
wtf

Post by wtf »

PeteOlcott wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:18 am
It's incredible. Twice now you've totally ignored what I said; and avoided engaging with my point by responding to something I didn't say.
PeteOlcott

Post by PeteOlcott »

wtf wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:33 am
PeteOlcott wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:18 am
It's incredible. Twice now you've totally ignored what I said; and avoided engaging with my point by responding to something I didn't say.
I take what you said as empty rhetoric having no factual basis.
I provided my factual basis. I suspect that you have none.
wtf

Post by wtf »

PeteOlcott wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:59 am I take what you said as empty rhetoric having no factual basis.
That many Democrats thought the 2016 election was stolen? Are you making a bad joke? You're denying Democrats claimed Trump stole the 2016 election? That's a silly thing to say. Many Democrats still believe it. You can have the last word. You're not a serious person.
PeteOlcott

Post by PeteOlcott »

wtf wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:07 am
PeteOlcott wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:59 am I take what you said as empty rhetoric having no factual basis.
That many Democrats thought the 2016 election was stolen? Are you making a bad joke? You're denying Democrats claimed Trump stole the 2016 election? That's a silly thing to say. Many Democrats still believe it. You can have the last word. You're not a serious person.
Provide a link.
wtf

Post by wtf »

PeteOlcott wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:39 am

Provide a link.
12 minutes of Democrats claiming the 2016 election was stolen. It's ridiculous for me to need to document the fact that many Democrats made this claim after the 2016 election but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2Ejqjz6TA

Post by Age »

PeteOlcott wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:11 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:51 am
PeteOlcott wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:47 pm

Proving that the {VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY} is simply incorrect.
Ah, so to you if some thing is not yet being done then it MUST BE HARD and COMPLEX.

Here we can CLEARLY SEE the "justifications" these people would USE, to "themselves“ ONLY, for NIT DOING what is OBVIOUSLY Right and GOOD.
Actually they are simply gullible fools that act like a herd of sheep because of groupthink. They make the huge mistake of believing that there was election fraud entirely on the basis that other people say that they believe it too. Republican congress simply knowingly lies about this.
Okay BUT NONE of 'this' has absolutely ANY thing to do what what I SAID and WROTE here

Post by Age »

PeteOlcott wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:03 pm Enlighten me by pointing out my faulty reasoning.

It suggest whatever semantics or complications are introduced it must come down to the conscious subjects experience, you are correct in thinking this is not abstract, this is basic biological reality.
I am trying to design the basis of a formal computational system that
can take on each end every social media post that is spreading
counter-factual disinformation and argue against these dangerous
lies before they can have any effect.
Well, considering the Fact that computers base what is 'true' and 'not true' on ONLY what human beings PROGRAM INTO computers, you are NEVER going to design what you are 'TRYING TO' here.
PeteOlcott wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 pm Since the survival of the species depends on the success of this
your naysaying is unhelpful.
Could your BELIEF here be somewhat over exaggerated AT ALL here?

Do you REALLY BELIEVE that the survival of the WHILE human being species depends on you, or someone "else", designing some 'thing', which essentially could NOT even come to exist?
PeteOlcott

Post by PeteOlcott »

wtf wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:51 am

Provide a link.
12 minutes of Democrats claiming the 2016 election was stolen. It's ridiculous for me to need to document the fact that many Democrats made this claim after the 2016 election but here you go.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian intelligence services during the 2016 presidential election posed a “grave” counterintelligence threat, a Senate panel concluded Tuesday as it detailed how associates of Donald Trump had regular contact with Russians and expected to benefit from the Kremlin’s help.

The nearly 1,000-page report, the fifth and final one from the Republican-led Senate intelligence committee on the Russia investigation, details how Russia launched an aggressive effort to interfere in the election on Trump’s behalf. It says the Trump campaign chairman had regular contact with a Russian intelligence officer and says other Trump associates were eager to exploit the Kremlin’s aid, particularly by maximizing the impact of the disclosure of Democratic emails hacked by Russian intelligence officers.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/s ... s-election
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

PeteOlcott wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:52 pm
wtf wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:51 am

Provide a link.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian intelligence services during the 2016 presidential election posed a “grave” counterintelligence threat, a Senate panel concluded Tuesday as it detailed how associates of Donald Trump had regular contact with Russians and expected to benefit from the Kremlin’s help.

The nearly 1,000-page report, the fifth and final one from the Republican-led Senate intelligence committee on the Russia investigation, details how Russia launched an aggressive effort to interfere in the election on Trump’s behalf. It says the Trump campaign chairman had regular contact with a Russian intelligence officer and says other Trump associates were eager to exploit the Kremlin’s aid, particularly by maximizing the impact of the disclosure of Democratic emails hacked by Russian intelligence officers.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/s ... s-election
Not seeing any evidence of election fraud.

Election manipulation? Sure.
Influencing hearts and minds? Sure.
Unethical behaviour? Sure.
Undermining of the democracy? Sure.

But fraud?!?! Where is the evidence?
PeteOlcott

Post by PeteOlcott »

You are the one that claimed there was evidence of election fraud
in the 2016 election. I did not make this claim.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

PeteOlcott wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:53 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:30 pm
We can still have axioms and result in meaninglessness consider the act of making an axiom is to make something which is relative thus always true and false (paradoxical) when compared to the totality of contexts.
Sure maybe baby kittens really are some kind of ten story office building in some psychotic context.
I say that {baby kittens} <are not> {ten story office buildings} within the axiomatic correct model
of the world.
Context...context...context...

In one context a baby kitten is a skyscraper as both are the relation of atoms.

In another context a baby kitten is a skyscraper from the viewpoint of a bug.

And who is to say what the "axiomatic correct model of the world" is when the axiom must first be non-computably accepted?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

PeteOlcott wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:56 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:27 pm
PeteOlcott wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:06 am

That seems to be asking can you run a computer program that no one ever wrote and thus does not yet exist?
And you would require a potential computer program beyond that one, and beyond that one....so on to infinity. This never ending potential always requires the program as being dependent on something which is not a program until the new program emerges.
There is only a finite set of general abstract knowledge of the world.
LLM's can self-populate in a feasible amount of time.
The CYC project spent 700 man-years just to populate human common sense.
If there is only a finite set of general abstract knowledge of the world then the simple axiom of the line cannot be said to be infinite nor composed of infinite lines/points. If there is one infinite axiom then we cannot say that there is "a finite set of general abstract knowledge of the world".