CHECK IN THREAD

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: CHECK IN THREAD

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:27 pm Who else hates it when people us acronyms and don't say what they are? ISBA.
Sorry. HOA = Home Owners Association. Members of a community get together to elect other community members on a board of directors who then see to it that the community is kept clean, that people don't litter in the middle of the street or hang their undies out the front window or any other unpleasant scene that the community members would rather not see. If a community member sees another community member in violation of the HOA code, then they can report it to the HOA board. The HOA board may also drive around occasionally to check for any violations.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The HOA board makes decisions that you pay for. They all might like flowers, so you're going to pay for them. Like communism, communal living requires leaders who best know how to spend your money.

Q: We no longer have flowers and the HOA fee keeps increasing faster than my income, so must we really cut down the trees?

A: Inflation ate the flowers because of Trump, even though the facts say differently. Pay your fair share, and you’re an elitist white racist for even asking the question. Next?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:31 pm When I go to my HOA meetings and can't come up with something to say, I just read one of keter propotkin's threads to the group.
That's a war crime. they should burn your house down.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:44 am
promethean75 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:31 pm When I go to my HOA meetings and can't come up with something to say, I just read one of keter propotkin's threads to the group.
Really? Going to HOA meetings and reading "keter propotkin's" threads is a "war crime"? Is having a sex drive a "war crime"? Last I heard the Internet if full of the stuff, adds in fashion magazines are the "gateway drug" and most, unfortunately, most (not all) males I know of are attracted to women. Yes. Some of us should not have children with women. I have chosen not to have children because I am unfit to be a father or a husband. I am also trying to abstain from seeking virtual means of finding pleasure in my life. I did so once after AJ alerted me, however, after that weakness I have remained celibate. I will do my best at that because I know now what the price of that can be for EVERYONE.
FlashDangerpants

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:42 pm
Really? Going to HOA meetings and reading "keter propotkin's" threads is a "war crime"?
Really it's much worse than that. These people are innocently forcing you to paint your letter box some specific colour because "Land of the Free" and some anarcho-bastard starts reading the worst prose poet of all time at them, his shitestream made of improperly constructed proto-decapentasyllabic verse, the most absurd thing any fool could possibly do to the English language.

The thought of those poor people being assaulted with a limp collection of uninspired drivel composed by a fatuous delusional pissant, invading their nicely painted picket fenced (all white because "Land of the Free!") idyll just fills me with a special sadness that could never be fixed even by the best of all wanks ... speaking of which....
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:42 pm Is having a sex drive a "war crime"? Last I heard the Internet if full of the stuff, adds in fashion magazines are the "gateway drug" and most, unfortunately, most (not all) males I know of are attracted to women. Yes. Some of us should not have children with women. I have chosen not to have children because I am unfit to be a father or a husband. I am also trying to abstain from seeking virtual means of finding pleasure in my life. I did so once after AJ alerted me, however, after that weakness I have remained celibate. I will do my best at that because I know now what the price of that can be for EVERYONE.
Why did you write any of that? Do you need to show us on a doll where Jacobi touched you?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:59 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:42 pm
Really? Going to HOA meetings and reading "keter propotkin's" threads is a "war crime"?
Really it's much worse than that. These people are innocently forcing you to paint your letter box some specific colour because "Land of the Free" and some anarcho-bastard starts reading the worst prose poet of all time at them, his shitestream made of improperly constructed proto-decapentasyllabic verse, the most absurd thing any fool could possibly do to the English language.

The thought of those poor people being assaulted with a limp collection of uninspired drivel composed by a fatuous delusional pissant, invading their nicely painted picket fenced (all white because "Land of the Free!") idyll just fills me with a special sadness that could never be fixed even by the best of all wanks ... speaking of which....
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:42 pm Is having a sex drive a "war crime"? Last I heard the Internet if full of the stuff, adds in fashion magazines are the "gateway drug" and most, unfortunately, most (not all) males I know of are attracted to women. Yes. Some of us should not have children with women. I have chosen not to have children because I am unfit to be a father or a husband. I am also trying to abstain from seeking virtual means of finding pleasure in my life. I did so once after AJ alerted me, however, after that weakness I have remained celibate. I will do my best at that because I know now what the price of that can be for EVERYONE.
Why did you write any of that? Do you need to show us on a doll where Jacobi touched you?
I'm just hoping some of the conflicts in the world can be resolved and mended. That's all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FlashDangerpants

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 pm I'm just hoping some of the conflicts in the world can be resolved and mended. That's all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Then why are you trying to pick a fight with me?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Really? Going to HOA meetings and reading "keter propotkin's" threads is a "war crime"?"

we need to work on your sense of humor Gary and your ability to identify jokes, however bad they may be (like mine).
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:05 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 pm I'm just hoping some of the conflicts in the world can be resolved and mended. That's all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Then why are you trying to pick a fight with me?
I guess I just don't have a sense of humor anymore, not when half the globe seems to be covered in conflicts = people killing each other (that's my understanding of what "war" is).

This is a picture I get when I view an article from Wikipedia titled: "List of ongoing armed conflicts" I googled it today: 4/21/2023

Is this picture false? Is most of the world not fighting armed conflicts? Is it misinformation and I should therefore laugh and joke about "war crimes".

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... _conflicts

I don't know if you can see the picture or not, there are pictures that I am unable to see in other people's posts here but the picture shows just about every country on Earth in conflict from "major wars" like Ukraine, Ethiopia and Burma (10,000 or more combat related deaths in one year) down to "skirmishes and clashes" (1-99 deaths in one year). Most of the world is represented on the picture other than China, The US, Europe, Australia, South Africa, Canada and Argentina.
wikipedia 4-21-23 from my webbrowser.png
wikipedia 4-21-23 from my webbrowser.png (47.32 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

th-3281494534.jpg
th-3281494534.jpg (55.51 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I cannot laugh and "joke" about "war." There is nothing to joke about. Adolf Hitler allegedly killed himself before he could face a human judge and jury. Did he go to hell? Or did he simply get away with horrible genocide (in a way no worse than any of the rest of us will go)? How many leaders of the world would be pronounced "war criminals" for things they perhaps didn't even know they were doing? I've seen articles in my news that Putin is being misled by handlers (or whatever you wish to call a leader's associates) about the war in Ukraine. He thinks he's "winning". No one WINS in war. Putin needs to understand that in order to end the war in a way that will not cost many in the world dearly.

That is my impression of what I have learned in life and in mental illness. I am not a fan of the death penalty because it's very difficult to pin ABSOLUTE guilt on an individual in this world unless we all have perfect information regarding what happened. People lie sometimes and people are misled sometimes.
FlashDangerpants

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:51 pm I guess I just don't have a sense of humor anymore, not when half the globe seems to be covered in conflicts = people killing each other (that's my understanding of what "war" is).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tms0yk9kqVM
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:16 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:51 pm I guess I just don't have a sense of humor anymore, not when half the globe seems to be covered in conflicts = people killing each other (that's my understanding of what "war" is).
I see your point. Carry on.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:16 pm
You have to admit, though. Bertrand Russell was a bit of a snob in a sense. I still think of he and Wittgenstein searching for the pachyderm in Russell's study. I've heard that during most of the 2nd World War, Wittgenstein served as an assistant or something in one of Britain's hospitals. Not sure what Russell did during that period. Wittgenstein knew war intimately. He wrote the Tractatus while serving in the Austrian army during WW1. Philosophy is as much biography as anything else. Russell was obsessed with the barber's paradox. Perhaps there would be no paradox had the barber in question allowed another barber to cut his hair?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Hello 2023, I’ve been enjoying you so far..

Modern weapons prolong modern wars.. indefinitely. But there’s money in it, in the selling of those Weapons and the advantageous-to-some economic-environments they create. Resolve that / solve the warring.