CHECK IN THREAD

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

CHECK IN THREAD

Post by Gary Childress »

Do you have friends around the world? Do you want them to know how you are doing? Let them know here if you want to. Tell the truth if you can if it's better for you not to tell the truth then feel free to just say, "I'm here".

So what are we doing? We are ensuring that there is peace. If you don't want to make peace, then feel free to post in some other thread, however, please keep this thread free of insults and personal attacks. We are now making peace.
promethean75

Re: CHECK IN THREAD

Post by promethean75 »

In this thread we are remaining men together I think.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:40 pm In this thread we are remaining men together I think.
I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused you, Promethean. I didn't watch the whole scene in the video. I just saw the men hugging. And that is good enough for me. I have never seen the movie "Fight Club" and I'm not really interested in seeing the rest of a movie called "fight club". I don't want to "fight" anyone, unless it's the right thing to do and fighting doesn't seem very productive to me. But maybe I'm wrong. I'll leave it to others to find out for themselves. There is no real learning without also doing.

To paraphrase Thomas Aquinas, my words have become straw. I hope others after me use it for something productive that will preserve all life on Earth instead of making it worse. But I'm no God and I'm no "superman". It's time for me to leave the forum to others.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Are u kidding me? U've never seen fight club?

U need to stop what you're doing at this moment and watch that movie, Gary, becuz finding your inner Tyler Durden is precisely what u need I think. Now go watch it. Go Gary. Chuck is gonna straighten u out.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:03 pm
my words have become straw.

It's time for me to leave the forum to others.
Does that mean you are checking out? 🤷‍♀️
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Only leaving the forum as an active participant at this point. Thank you for the opportunity to make some moments of great improv philosophy together, along with Harbal, Henry, and everyone else on the forum. Oh, and let's not forget AJ (even if we might like to). But AJ has done his work as well. My thanks to him comes in the form of keeping my promise to him as much as I am able to without undue duress, so the "Columbian jumping spiders" don't come after me. I hope he's wrong about them being poisonous or venomous or whatever. But death is better than a fate worse than death. So I will heed his advice. Thank you, AJ.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:15 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Only leaving the forum as an active participant at this point.
Ok, bye for now, until you become active again, then it'll be hello.

You say, "Yes", I say, "No"
You say, "Stop" and I say, "Go, go, go"
Oh, no!
You say, "Goodbye" and I say, "Hello, hello, hello"
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello, hello, hello"
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello"
I say, "High", you say, "Low"
You say, "Why?"
And I say, "I don't know"
Oh, no!
You say, "Goodbye" and I say, "Hello, hello, hello" (hello goodbye, hello goodbye, hello goodbye)
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello, hello, hello" (hello goodbye, hello goodbye, hello goodbye)
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello" (hello goodbye)
Why, why, why, why, why, why, do you say, "Goodbye, goodbye, bye, bye, bye, bye"?
Oh, no!
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello"
You say, "Yes", I say, "No" (I say, "Yes", but I may mean, "No")
You say, "Stop", I say, "Go, go, go" (I can stay still it's time to go)
Oh, oh no!
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Observe ... here's my box, it's empty of course, see?, see?. Here's an ordinary keffiyeh, black and white, just as Ms. Maryam prefers it. Right Ms. Maryam? That is your name, am I right? You're also, if you'll permit me to say, a marketing officer working in Philadelphia? Hmmm ... and I haven't even started! Hahaha. Ok, where were we? An ordinary box and a just as ordinary keffiyeh. What could happen? Nothing, right? Wrong! Watch closely, I place the keffiyeh over the box and a few magic words, abracadabra, and voila!!!! Thunderous applause!
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I had a productive weekend. Got a lot of prep work done for a big personal project I've been planning for a while, feels good to have it ready so I can start doing the actual work! I'm feeling high from the achievement of it all so just wanted to wish everyone here a good upcoming week. Hope you all have a peaceful one if nothing else. Or an exciting one, if that's what you prefer.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

This is promethean75 checking in. Hope everyone is well. I will see u tomorrow.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

It's been mostly sunny with partial cloudiness here in the Orlando, Florida area in the US. There was a boom earlier today that gave the house a thump from what I've heard is a military testing range for air ordinance a ways up north of here. Other than that things have been peaceful.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

This is a lie.

9ce620fe-f6fb-464f-af4d-fff8dd0ee234.jpg
9ce620fe-f6fb-464f-af4d-fff8dd0ee234.jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

No such carpet guys exist and I'd rather be riding in this weather so there u have it. It is what it is.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

We're having an HOA meeting in the community tonight. I'm trying to prepare something (when the mic opens up for regular community members) to present to the community. I haven't been to an HOA meeting in a while but we have a relatively diverse community in terms of skin color. Right now we're all arguing with each other over some community issues. I hope to at least plant a seed to get everyone on the same track if I can. We used to be a nice peaceful agreeable community where we all rallied behind each other for causes and were kind and courteous toward each other. Now we have issues we can't seem to resolve. So my purpose will be to see if we can all come together under a common purpose so that we can transform "want", "need" and/or "should" do into OUGHT.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I'm trying to prepare something (when the mic opens up for regular community members) to present to the community."

When I go to my HOA meetings and can't come up with something to say, I just read one of keter propotkin's threads to the group. Works every time.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Who else hates it when people us acronyms and don't say what they are? ISBA.