Logic: Where Correct Thought and Correct Sense Contradict

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Agent Smith

Re: Logic: Where Correct Thought and Correct Sense Contradict

Post by Agent Smith »

A contradiction, you say!! Where?!

There, look, there!!

Where's the ... the ....?

I know what you're looking for! Hehehe!

Hahaha! Please, let's kill time!

Let's!
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Agent Smith wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:57 pm A contradiction, you say!! Where?!

There, look, there!!

Let's!
In looking for a contradiction and seeing none a contradiction occurs.
In looking for no contradiction and seeing one a contradiction occurs.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:53 pm

There, look, there!!

Let's!
Si, contradictions are everywhere. We should do something about them.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Agent Smith wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:22 am

There, look, there!!

Let's!
To contradict contradictions would be a contradiction; order is a contradiction as well as disorder. Why?

1. A square is symmetrical thus ordered. However there is the space inside the square and the space outside a square. The space between the inner and outer is the square itself as space, thus the square is the contradiction of space being seperated from space as space.

2. A form stands apart from another form thus creating asymmetry; this asymmetry is irrational as there is no balance because one form stands apart from another form.... thus a contradiction occurs.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:22 pm

To contradict contradictions would be a contradiction; order is a contradiction as well as disorder. Why?

1. A square is symmetrical thus ordered. However there is the space inside the square and the space outside a square. The space between the inner and outer is the square itself as space, thus the square is the contradiction of space being seperated from space as space.

2. A form stands apart from another form thus creating asymmetry; this asymmetry is irrational as there is no balance because one form stands apart from another form.... thus a contradiction occurs.
You lost me there pal. Nonetheless, I have a vague idea of what you're getting at. I like it! However ... from this and other posts, ya should be of a particular flavor, like the strange (flavor) quark which means all bets are off, that is to say times up!
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

PeteOlcott wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:09 pm An {abstract} circle is the only kind of actual circle, an {empirical} tree has no perfect
mathematical abstraction because unlike a circle it is not an object of mathematics.

An abstract circle is a model that empirical circles can only imprecisely approximate.
Is a circle with radius 0 a point?

You are yet to work your way up to Grothendieck's perspective. Everything is parametrizable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grothendi ... nt_of_view
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:29 am

You lost me there pal. Nonetheless, I have a vague idea of what you're getting at. I like it! However ... from this and other posts, ya should be of a particular flavor, like the strange (flavor) quark which means all bets are off, that is to say times up!
There is space inside a circle.

There is space outside the circle.

The space between the inner and outer is the circle (the circle is space between spaces).

Space dividing space is a contradiction and all forms require this contradiction as all forms are space dividing space.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:26 pm

The space between the inner and outer is the circle (the circle is space between spaces).

Space dividing space is a contradiction and all forms require this contradiction as all forms are space dividing space.
🤔
Are ya sure about that?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:55 pm

🤔
Are ya sure about that?
A form is a space between spaces thus space is divided against itself. All forms are composed of space as they have boundaries/limits.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:23 pm

🤔
Are ya sure about that?
A form is a space between spaces thus space is divided against itself. All forms are composed of space as they have boundaries/limits.
Please respond to the anticipated objection.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm If all logic is dependent upon forms and forms are relative then all logic is relative.
But not all actual existing forms are relative.
So not so-called 'all logic' is relative.
Therefore the rest is moot.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm If logic is relative then it is true under some contexts but not in others.
Will you provide actual examples?

If no, then why not?

Also, what does the word 'logic' even mean to you?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm These prior statements are logical forms, i.e. 'if a is b and b is c then a is c' and 'if a then b', thus the statements are not universally true as they are relative.
And, according to you OWN 'logic' here "eodhnoj7" what you just CLAIMED here is NOT universally true. Therefore, this means that what you say and claim here is just your OWN truth ONLY, or in other words is true to you ONLY. Which upon further examination WILL BE SEEN to be the ACTUAL UNIVERSAL Truth.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm A self-contradiction occurs as the statement is true under certain contexts, false in other contexts, but both true and false in light of all contexts.
AGAIN, this is 'true' to you ONLY, but False in ACTUAL ACTUALITY.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm The problem occurs as the statements 'logic is dependent upon forms' and 'forms are relative' are true statements universally as they can be repeatably verified empirically (i.e. we can see forms in all logic and we can also see that forms are relative as they compare and contrast to other forms).

Under these terms correct abstractions and correct empirical observations contradict.
False AGAIN. But, AGAIN, NOT to you, ALONE.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Agent Smith wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:35 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:23 pm
🤔
Are ya sure about that?
Please respond to the anticipated objection.
It is what I see and reality occurs through perception as we act on our perception.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:04 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm If all logic is dependent upon forms and forms are relative then all logic is relative.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm If logic is relative then it is true under some contexts but not in others.

If no, then why not?

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm These prior statements are logical forms, i.e. 'if a is b and b is c then a is c' and 'if a then b', thus the statements are not universally true as they are relative.
And, according to you OWN 'logic' here "eodhnoj7" what you just CLAIMED here is NOT universally true. Therefore, this means that what you say and claim here is just your OWN truth ONLY, or in other words is true to you ONLY. Which upon further examination WILL BE SEEN to be the ACTUAL UNIVERSAL Truth.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm A self-contradiction occurs as the statement is true under certain contexts, false in other contexts, but both true and false in light of all contexts.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 pm The problem occurs as the statements 'logic is dependent upon forms' and 'forms are relative' are true statements universally as they can be repeatably verified empirically (i.e. we can see forms in all logic and we can also see that forms are relative as they compare and contrast to other forms).

Under these terms correct abstractions and correct empirical observations contradict.
You contradict the argument I provided. My argument occurs through the senses, as it must be typed and read (physical reality is formed through it), and your abstractions do not align with it. My point stands.

Post by Age »

Last edited by Age on Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:11 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:04 am

If no, then why not?

You contradict the argument I provided. My argument occurs through the senses, as it must be typed and read (physical reality is formed through it), and your abstractions do not align with it. My point stands.
OF COURSE your point stands, but to you ALONE.

Absolutely NO one here, besides you, is agreeing with you. And this is for the very simple fact that your so-called 'argument' is NOT sound and valid.

Now, you might BELIEVE that there are "others" who agree with you and/or are accepting your argument but I challenge you to name any of them.

Or, if ANY one would like to come forward and say that you agree with "eodhnoj7" here, then please feel free to come forward and make "yourself" known.