Suggestions Required for Philosophy App

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gulshan212

Suggestions Required for Philosophy App

Post by gulshan212 »

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
I am a Software Developer. Well, as a software developer with an interest in philosophy, I want to know that what kind of philosophy app I can develop that would be both engaging and informative for users or what kind of philosophy app I can develop and what features it should include to best serve its intended audience.
Hoping for some positive responses.
Thanks
Agent Smith

Re: Suggestions Required for Philosophy App

Post by Agent Smith »

Keep it simple.

Have ya tried reading some philosophical books aimed at children?They're, to me, a treasure of great value. Remember, what the children like, the parents havta buy! 😆

You could include adults too. Make the app exam-oriented. Human nature, exploit it ... in a mutually beneficial way.

Good luck and if my suggestions made ya rich, do name me as a contributor. No, I don't want a piecea the pie.

Remember ta be Hindustani about it!
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

gulshan212 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:49 pm Hello this is Gulshan Negi
I am a Software Developer. Well, as a software developer with an interest in philosophy, I want to know that what kind of philosophy app I can develop that would be both engaging and informative for users or what kind of philosophy app I can develop and what features it should include to best serve its intended audience.
Thanks
How about an application which can translate natural-language propositions into propositions in formal logic? I'm thinking of something which works in a similar way to existing software which can translate xBASE programming into flowcharts.

I've never had a head for formal logic, and I for one would certainly pay for an application which could successfully convert my natural-language arguments!
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

"philosophical books aimed at children?They're, to me, a treasure of great value."

Agent S, I'm not sure that's really what you meant to say.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

alan1000 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:38 pm
Thanks
How about an application which can translate natural-language propositions into propositions in formal logic? I'm thinking of something which works in a similar way to existing software which can translate xBASE programming into flowcharts.

I've never had a head for formal logic, and I for one would certainly pay for an application which could successfully convert my natural-language arguments!
You could probably get ChatGPT to do that, it's definitely an AI-sort of task.

You would of course have to be able to personally check its output. ChatGPT doesn't always say the truth...
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sounds interesting, do you have the recipe?