TikTok on trial

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Flannel Jesus

TikTok on trial

Post by Flannel Jesus »

https://v.redd.it/nzilmli35ipa1

I didn't realize prior to watching this just how tightly knit TikTok and the Chinese Communist Party really are. I mean I supposed there was some relationship of course, the CCP has a lot of oversight of any large company like this within their borders, but various chair members and department heads are also CCP leaders. That was news to me.
Sculptor

Re: TikTok on trial

Post by Sculptor »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:14 pm https://v.redd.it/nzilmli35ipa1

I didn't realize prior to watching this just how tightly knit TikTok and the Chinese Communist Party really are. I mean I supposed there was some relationship of course, the CCP has a lot of oversight of any large company like this within their borders, but various chair members and department heads are also CCP leaders. That was news to me.
Twitter and Facebook block the left and criticism of capitalist interests including western governments such as Israel.
TokToc is only of the few places you can say what you want about Biden, Trump and Desantis.

The west are trying to shut it down because they cannot control the content as they would like.

On tic tok I get to hear what Marianne Williamson, Chomski and Saunders have to say. Without tic tok I'd have no access to them.

I do not give a rats arse that the CCP are involved. I am perfectly able to filter my own content.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:44 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:14 pm https://v.redd.it/nzilmli35ipa1

Twitter and Facebook block the left and criticism of capitalist interests including western governments such as Israel.
TokToc is only of the few places you can say what you want about Biden, Trump and Desantis.

The west are trying to shut it down because they cannot control the content as they would like.

On tic tok I get to hear what Marianne Williamson, Chomski and Saunders have to say. Without tic tok I'd have no access to them.

I do not give a rats arse that the CCP are involved. I am perfectly able to filter my own content.
Define 'the left'. How dare you presume to speak for me. It's people like you who are fucking up the planet. You do realise that your fossilised 'communist relic' ideal has evolved don't you? And what do you think your hero Stalin would have had to say about men who claim to be women?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

The winds of change are blowin'. The US set the precedent. China will follow suit. So will Russia, India, Brazil, and South Africa and Australia too. The rest of the world won't matter or is already following the American model.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

is that the one where the millennial narcissists get together and make videos of themselves dancing to crap music?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Tick Tock is a boogie man because the power elite wants the population scared, scared people are easy to manipulate. No doubt the elite thus the government are feeling the heat. The BRICS started with just these five countries united against American aggression, there are now eighty-one additional countries awaiting membership. The states are a little unbalanced right now. There is that, and then there is the fact that Tick Tock is out preforming its American competitors--- we can't have that now, can we? Let's face it, America has been a brutal master with world domination at a high fever, the world hates America. Tick Tock is just one little thing to demonize, all things Chinese will follow suit --- you just can't trust them there slanty eyed people. I am with the rest of the world, fuck America.