What do existentialists think of homosexual/gender compulsions?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: What do existentialists think of homosexual/gender compulsions?

Post by Harbal »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:02 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 pm The safety issues of allowing men access to areas where there are women in various states of undress are surely obvious. There is also the matter of privacy; many people are uncomfortable about undressing in front of members of the opposite sex.

Humans have not been around for millions of years, btw; I believe it is something like 300,000 years. Which is still a long time, and although we spent most of it without separate toilets and changing rooms, that is not a reason to continue doing so if we would rather not. Why we would rather not is unimportant. We have also spent the vast majority of that 300,000 years without indoor plumbing, and other modern conveniences, but we would take badly to having to give it up just because our ancestors managed without it.
Considering women are the ones who have the most to lose here, according to what you're saying, do you think it should be women who choose? Should women choose if transgender people can be allowed to use the bathroom of their choosing? If not, why not?
If women want exclusively female toilets, they should be allowed to have them. I don't think women, in particular, have a right to say what toilets transgender people can be allowed to use, I just think they have a right to prevent them from using theirs.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:10 pm

WHY? And,

WHY?

That is; WHY do quite a LOT of 'you', human beings, in the days when this is being written, CARE what 'toilets' or 'change rooms' 'you', human beings, use?

After all, for MILLIONS OF YEARS, 'you', human beings, did NOT CARE AT ALL WHERE you went to the 'toilet' NOR WHERE 'you' 'changed', (if you did). So, WHY do 'you', people, in the days when this is being written, CARE?

Is 'this' a 'biological innate compulsion', OR just a 'learned behavior'.

Oh, and by the way, ABSOLUTELY NONE OF 'you' CARED, AT ALL, at one point. Which is FAR MORE than just a LOT of 'you'.

AND, what ARE the MORE reasons women have to care than men do.
The safety issues of allowing men access to areas where there are women in various states of undress are surely obvious. There is also the matter of privacy; many people are uncomfortable about undressing in front of members of the opposite sex.

Humans have not been around for millions of years, btw; I believe it is something like 300,000 years. Which is still a long time, and although we spent most of it without separate toilets and changing rooms, that is not a reason to continue doing so if we would rather not. Why we would rather not is unimportant. We have also spent the vast majority of that 300,000 years without indoor plumbing, and other modern conveniences, but we would take badly to having to give it up just because our ancestors managed without it.
I think this whole part of the debate is complete bogus.
Trans women do not attack women in toilets. Women have far more to fear from straight men.
Seriously what are you going to do. Have guards at every toilet doing penis checks??
Toilets do not have to be gendered. Toilets to not have to have common areas.
We do not have gendered toilets in our homes and there is no reason we need them in public.
That's because they ARE straight men, idiot. Men can now simply say they 'identify' as a woman just to access women's and children's spaces. There's no such thing as a 'transwoman' anyway. They are just men with a fetish. Autogynephiles. How the fuck would they know what being a woman 'feels like'? So they get turned on wearing 'women's clothes'. So what? A lot of actual women don't like wearing 'women's clothes'. Women are more than 'clothes and stereotypes'. Someone made a good point that if so-called 'transpersons' get their own designated spaces, then the number of 'transwomen' will suddenly drop off dramatically because the whole point of 'identifying' as a woman was to access their toilets and changing rooms.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun May 07, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Men are donning latex 'women suits' and I'M the crazy one??
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:10 pm

WHY? And,

WHY?

That is; WHY do quite a LOT of 'you', human beings, in the days when this is being written, CARE what 'toilets' or 'change rooms' 'you', human beings, use?

After all, for MILLIONS OF YEARS, 'you', human beings, did NOT CARE AT ALL WHERE you went to the 'toilet' NOR WHERE 'you' 'changed', (if you did). So, WHY do 'you', people, in the days when this is being written, CARE?

Is 'this' a 'biological innate compulsion', OR just a 'learned behavior'.

Oh, and by the way, ABSOLUTELY NONE OF 'you' CARED, AT ALL, at one point. Which is FAR MORE than just a LOT of 'you'.

AND, what ARE the MORE reasons women have to care than men do.
The safety issues of allowing men access to areas where there are women in various states of undress are surely obvious. There is also the matter of privacy; many people are uncomfortable about undressing in front of members of the opposite sex.

I think this whole part of the debate is complete bogus.
Trans women do not attack women in toilets. Women have far more to fear from straight men.
Seriously what are you going to do. Have guards at every toilet doing penis checks??
Toilets do not have to be gendered. Toilets to not have to have common areas.
We do not have gendered toilets in our homes and there is no reason we need them in public.
You really are deranged when it comes to this topic. Why don't you just be honest and say why? You are seriously comparing the bathroom in someone's private residence to PUBLIC toilets and changing rooms that women and children use?? What the fuck is wrong with you? The only explanation is that you are one of those creeps. Women do NOT want men in their spaces. What on earth does that have to do with you??

Ironically, since the introduction of the absolutely bat-shit bonkers 'self-ID' laws, it's probably safer to have completely neutral toilets and changing rooms, since the only possible reason for these perverts to WANT to use women's spaces is to gain access to woman and children in the places where they are the most vulnerable. It's a shame, because women fought for women-only spaces FOR A REASON, and the law has effectively made them obsolete.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:13 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 pm The safety issues of allowing men access to areas where there are women in various states of undress are surely obvious. There is also the matter of privacy; many people are uncomfortable about undressing in front of members of the opposite sex.

Considering women are the ones who have the most to lose here, according to what you're saying, do you think it should be women who choose? Should women choose if transgender people can be allowed to use the bathroom of their choosing? If not, why not?
If women want exclusively female toilets, they should be allowed to have them. I don't think women, in particular, have a right to say what toilets transgender people can be allowed to use, I just think they have a right to prevent them from using theirs.
They have a right, as a group, to prevent, but not a right as a group to allow?
vegetariantaxidermy

Getting back to sport. A 'transwoman' (i.e. a man) just won a major cycling race and took home over 35K US in prize money. 'Becoming a woman' has been very lucrative for him.
3 men won the women's 800m race at the 2016 Olympics. Gold, silver, and bronze. Three men on the podium. There's an American swimmer, a man called 'Lia Thomas' who is winning major swimming events in the US. It's rather comical to see him on the podium, a huge man dwarfing the the others. Apparently he's enjoying the 'freedom' of getting naked in front of 'other women' in the changing rooms.

''Athletics Canada’s former head coach has come forward to reveal that he was threatened by the Canadian Olympic Committee lawyers after expressing discontent with the results of the women’s 800m at the 2016 Olympic Games. The competition saw three biological males take the top spots, displacing the female Canadian bid to fourth place.

Peter Eriksson, the record-making former head coach for the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic program, spoke about what happened at the 2016 session in Rio, and the consequences he faced if he spoke out on behalf of Canadian athlete Melissa Bishop. Bishop placed fourth after three males competed in the female division.

In the 800m women’s race, Caster Semenya of South Africa took home gold, with Francine Niyonsaba of Burundi placing silver and Margaret Nyairera Wambui of Kenya finishing with bronze. All three of the athletes have Differences of Sexual Development (DSD) and while they are recognized as “female” legally, they possess XY chromosomes and are biologically male.

, former Athletics Canada head coach Peter Eriksson says that he was outraged at the results of the 2016 women’s 800m, and had wanted to speak out against the injustice on behalf of Melissa Bishop, the Canadian female runner who would have come in first place if not for the three male athletes.

“I was the first one to see Melissa after the race and what do you even say in that scenario? ‘You’re the best woman in the race?’ You don’t get a medal for that,” Eriksson says. “This was such an injustice I wanted to speak out, and then I got a call from the Canadian Olympic Committee’s lawyer saying that if I opened my mouth, I would be banned for life in sport.”

Isn’t that interesting. Three men cheat three women out of medals, and the Canadian Olympic Committee’s lawyer threatens a coach into shutting up about it.

Eriksson explained that, at the time, World Athletics claimed there was a lack of evidence on the advantage possessed by DSD athletes, but that there had been no confusion on the ground about what Semenya and the others were.

“Everybody knew Caster Semenya, for example, was a male. Everybody was aware of it, but I think that World Athletics didn’t want to do anything,” Eriksson says.''

man in women's shower.jpg
man in women's shower.jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun May 07, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:49 pm
I am saying that I think women have a right to exclusively female public toilets and changing rooms.

And also the right to organise exclusively biological female sporting activities.
vegetariantaxidermy

Weird that two MEN on here are arguing for THEIR right to use women's toilets and changing rooms. Gosh. I wonder why that would be?

man in women's shower.jpg
man in women's shower.jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:56 pm
I am saying that I think women have a right to exclusively female public toilets and changing rooms.

And also the right to organise exclusively biological female sporting activities.
Yes, you've already expressed that they have a right to disallow trans people from their bathrooms, I understand that you think they have the right to disallow. I'm asking you if you think women also have the right to choose, as a group, to allow.

If, say, a state government put out a referendum for biologically female voters, and found that the majority of them wanted to allow trans women into women's bathrooms, would you have any problem with that being legally allowed in that state?
vegetariantaxidermy

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:06 pm

Yes, you've already expressed that they have a right to disallow trans people from their bathrooms, I understand that you think they have the right to disallow. I'm asking you if you think women also have the right to choose, as a group, to allow.

If, say, a state government put out a referendum for biologically female voters, and found that the majority of them wanted to allow trans women into women's bathrooms, would you have any problem with that being legally allowed in that state?
That's ridiculous. Women already have their own spaces, as do men. It's not something to be voted on. You don't have referendums to vote to remove basic human rghts. Should there be a referendum to allow convicted paedophiles to work with children? (not so far fetched any more. I mean, we are all DUTY BOUND to be INCLUSIVE of EVERYONE)
Oops, sorry. I mean 'MAP's. I hope I didn't offend anyone on here...
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun May 07, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:06 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but some women living in that state might, albeit a minority. It is perfectly proper to give transgender people rights, but not at the expense of the rights of others.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Harbal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:27 pm I wouldn't have a problem with it, but some women living in that state might, albeit a minority.
Cool, that's my opinion too. Women should choose.

There's a hell of a lot of states in America, and countries in Europe, where women would choose to allow it I think.

I also think female athletes should be allowed to choose if transgender women can compete with them, but my concern there is that, if that choice is public knowledge and the athletes choose not to allow it, they'll get a lot of underserved backlash. I think that's worth avoiding... Not sure how.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:25 pm Should there be a referendum to allow convicted paedophiles to work with children? (not so far fetched any more. I mean, we are all DUTY BOUND to be INCLUSIVE of EVERYONE)
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/J002rmZ5Acg
vegetariantaxidermy

'Transpersons' have the same rights as everyone else. What they want are 'entitlements'. Extra rights on top of the rights that everyone has.
They love to chant, ad nauseum, 'Trans rights are human rights'. Ok. We get it. But ask them what 'rights' they feel that they don't have, and they go berserk. They will NEVER give an answer (unless 'Nazi', 'transphobe', 'fascist', blah blah blah are 'answers'). Then they get violent.
And why are so-called 'trans protests' full of violent, misogynistic, masculine men wearing black masks and punching the air?
Now why would THEY give a flying rat's arse about 'transwomen'?? Hmmm?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:33 pm
I also think female athletes should be allowed to choose if transgender women can compete with them, but my concern there is that, if that choice is public knowledge and the athletes choose not to allow it, they'll get a lot of underserved backlash. I think that's worth avoiding... Not sure how.
Allowing transgender women to compete in women's sport completely undermines the reason for separating men's and women's sport in the first place.