Quotes by the Enlightened Philosopher.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Quotes by the Enlightened Philosopher.

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:15 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:04 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:01 pm Well, you're good at expressing this stuff. Perhaps not using middlemen with questionable beliefs would be better.
The middleman doesn't exist, therefore no need to include one.
Great, then you don't need to continue supplying quotes by people that don't exist.

Wayne Dyer doesn't exist.
Many apparent author's appear, only as this happening which is all there is, absolutely right here and now there's just everything happening all at once.
Knowing this is a dream. And nothing ever happens in a dream. Just this, this open boundless spacious infinite aliveness. It has no need to be anything other than everything. Everything doesn't need to include itself as an individual, there is no self-reference.

Quotes appearing with authors attached to them, is just what's happening. No one is making what's happening happen.

The dream is the dreamers own dream. The dreamer and the dream are the same thing, so when the dream ends, the dreamer ends. And nobody wakes up.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:15 pm Wayne Dyer doesn't exist.
Except as a character within the dream story. Which is all that is known to be happening, knowing is the dream, and nothing ever happened in a dream.

These two quotes being read now, are simply what's happening, it seems many authors appear, but there is only ever ONE reading what no one ever writ. All appearances are unwritten.

“Your constant utilization of thought to give continuity to your separate self is you. There is nothing there inside you other than that.”

Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:54 am
- "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"
- "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
Donnie Darko (2001)
Answer: Those are suits men wear in order to watch and quote Mean Girls, and to play dipsy-doodle-dialogue.

:lol:
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:06 pm
- "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"
- "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
Donnie Darko (2001)
Answer: Those are suits men wear in order to watch and quote Mean Girls, and to play dipsy-doodle-dialogue.

That may be true, but those lines from Donnie Darko (love that film) fit right in with the main message of this thread so far.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:40 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:06 pm
Donnie Darko (2001)

That may be true, but those lines from Donnie Darko (love that film) fit right in with the main message of this thread so far.
- Never saw the flick.
- Dipsy Doodle writing relies on all forms of the verb, “to be.”
- Unmindful, habitual reliance on “to be,” indicates linguistic slob territory.
- Losing “to be,” reveals any hidden meaning cloaked within a cornucopia of tedious, meaningless and unsupported counter-intuitive assertions, i.e., fodderal.
- For good beginnings, if this thread can overcome the stubbornness that props up self-concept, then citizen Lazy Linquist should start over and transcribe existing dispsy-doodle quote-commentaries into e-prime.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm - Never saw the flick.
Edit: OK, changed my mind. Starting off this post by saying you don't know what was referenced and this seeming not to matter at all in relation to commenting on it seemed like old Walker bad habits.

But both these your last messages are unclear enough for me to figure...well, you might mean anything.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:44 am There is only the Absolute.
The Absolute and the Relative are the same ONE
These words are only used as pointers. Pointing to the ineffable.
For example, transcribe this into e-prime to begin healing the ravages of Dipsy-Doodle.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Everything is relative and only that is absolute.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The confusion is apparent and purely verbal. What is, is. It is neither subjective nor objective. Matter and mind are not separate, they are aspects of one energy. Look at the mind as a function of matter and you have science; look at matter as the product of the mind and you have religion…Neither [mind nor matter] comes first, for neither appears alone.
--Nisargadatta Maharaj

The mistake in the beginning was to think of solids and space as two different things, instead of as two aspects of the same thing. The point is that they are different but inseparable, like the front end and the rear end of a cat…Take away the crest of the wave, and there is no trough.
--Alan Watts
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm
- Losing “to be,” reveals any hidden meaning cloaked within a cornucopia of tedious, meaningless and unsupported counter-intuitive assertions, i.e., fodderal.
Walker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pmincluding all my other gobbling, babbling, pointless garble, that can't help but spew forth from my essence.

Including the responsibility of adding your own meaning. Man is self-taught.
Existence precedes essence. A living object, not seen as conscious, such as a tree, simply exists. It makes no difference to the tree what you call it. It breathes, it grows, it evolves and eventually dies. All the time simply being a living tree. It is, “being in itself.”

However our lives are spend being overwhelmingly concerned with defining our essence or our value as we perceive ourselves to be viewed in relation to other conscious people. For Sartre we exist first, our essence is secondary and ultimately irrelevant. Our existence precedes our essence. We are “being in ourselves” first and primarily. ~ Sartre.
We need other conscious beings, seen as independent of us and autonomous, in order to validate being for ourselves.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"Schopenhauer says that when a German hears the word "Idea" unctuously pronounced, his head commences to swim, and he feels as though he was going up in a balloon. This is a very tame description of the sensation one feels, and the mental torture endured by the inquirer, who attempts to hew his way through the jungle of barbarous concepts, out of which is constructed the metaphysical "system" of a Fichte or Hegel; and then alas! to find out that this "system" is a phantasm of the brain, which only explains the sort of head which invented it, but throws no light upon the world we live in."
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

lol Schop wuz a boss. i read somewhere that schop used to frequent a small cafe where he'd place a gold coin on the table each time he visted. he vowed to leave it there if he ever heard the Englishmen who came in talk about anything other than women and horses.

he's still got that coin to this day.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:17 pm The confusion is apparent and purely verbal. What is, is.
Perhaps this will clear up your confusion. -- Walker

viewtopic.php?p=629351#p629351
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:50 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:17 pm The confusion is apparent and purely verbal. What is, is.

I refuse to read your rather bewildering long winded unnecessary musings Walker. I say bewildering because nothing you have ever said to me personally has made any sense whatsoever, or has shown any relevance to the thread's topic in particular. I suggest you go back to the thread and flush your post down the toilet.That you have uninvitingly plonked it here on my thread, is a sign of confusion on your part, not mine. And do make sure there's no dregs left after flushing.. thanks Walker.

PS, if and when you can share anything that makes any sense to me personally, only then will I have the stomach to read anything you care to show me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:03 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:50 pm

I refuse to read your rather bewildering long winded unnecessary musings Walker. I say bewildering because nothing you have ever said to me personally has made any sense whatsoever, or has shown any relevance to the thread's topic in particular. I suggest you go back to the thread and flush your post down the toilet.That you have uninvitingly plonked it here on my thread, is a sign of confusion on your part, not mine. And do make sure there's no dregs left after flushing.. thanks Walker.

PS, if and when you can share anything that makes any sense to me personally, only then will I have the stomach to read anything you care to show me.
Nice try, but two whacks for you.

Practice Makes Perfect. Learn it, live it, love it. :wink: