In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: In The News

Post by Walker »

Trump Announces Plan to End Homelessness. The Left Will Hate It.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarko ... s-n2622124

Question: Gee Willikers. Why will the Left hate this plan?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:28 am If the higher purpose of your quip is meant to compare the most corrupt and incompetent president in the history of the USA (Brandon) with one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA as measured by results (Trump), you’re gonna have to do much, much better and start thinking with the mature perspective of an adult and less like a boy proud of his smirk.
Just gonna hoard that little quote for the time when you want to forget that you were ever a Trump supporter.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Yep, as is so often the case with Walker, the epithets are switched so that up is down and dark is light, or in this case, the most corrupt and incompetent president in the history of the USA is one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA.

Who remembers this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl6T2XxNtM0 ?
lol
Walker

Post by Walker »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:21 am
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:28 am If the higher purpose of your quip is meant to compare the most corrupt and incompetent president in the history of the USA (Brandon) with one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA as measured by results (Trump), you’re gonna have to do much, much better and start thinking with the mature perspective of an adult and less like a boy proud of his smirk.
Just gonna hoard that little quote for the time when you want to forget that you were ever a Trump supporter.
Your should frame it to further honour the Truth, and then you can be proud of it, boy.
Walker

Post by Walker »

mickthinks wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:28 am Yep, as is so often the case with Walker, the epithets are switched so that up is down and dark is light, or in this case, the most corrupt and incompetent president in the history of the USA is one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA.

lol
The facts say otherwise than that gibbering, Gibbonistic WOT comment. Sorry (not), I don't follow your links.
FlashDangerpants

How much money did Walker give to Trump so far?
Yay---TrumpTradingCardsAreBack---yours-for-99-dollar-GI.JPG
Yay---TrumpTradingCardsAreBack---yours-for-99-dollar-GI.JPG (51.26 KiB) Viewed 869 times
FlashDangerpants

MAGA!
Andrew-WalkerMannieHenry-Lester.jpg
Andrew-WalkerMannieHenry-Lester.jpg (44.47 KiB) Viewed 849 times
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:28 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:24 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:51 pm Speaking of loose wires in the attic, that puppet President Brandon himself, who was mentored by racists when he was piling up the years of Congressional seniority, has advised that if the bad guys are at the door, fire a shotgun through the closed door.

Maybe the racist old man with a wire or two loose in the attic as suggested by his pupils, who killed the pupil, was following Brandon’s advice from one racist to another, the advice to fire a shotgun through the closed door if in fear.
Speaking of "Raised by racists" your boy Trump was prosecuted by the Nixon administration for racial discrimination against black tenants.
You shouldn’t be too proud of that posting, boy.

If the higher purpose of your quip is meant to compare the most corrupt and incompetent president in the history of the USA (Brandon) with one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA as measured by results (Trump), you’re gonna have to do much, much better and start thinking with the mature perspective of an adult and less like a boy proud of his smirk.

You forget. Trump has been investigated completely in bigoted, biased, dragging-through-the-mud style, costing millions and millions of dollars to the taxpayers that could have fed the hungry little children, all of the investigations politically motivated and based on lies such as the phony Steele Dossier funded by The Corrupt Left, of course.

The Left has shot the last of its credibility wad with the endless Trump investigations, and now that their lies are being exposed but largely ignored by the big media, the unapologetic, naked, undisguised politicalization of Law with the nonsense in Manhattan by that Soros prosecutor is the last resort to keep Trump out of office, keep him from messing with the plans of the deep state on behalf of The People.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:21 am
Your should frame it to further honour the Truth, and then you can be proud of it, boy.
You seem to be stuck on Trump to an unhealthy degree. Just let go of Trump. He's just some billionaire who's trying to pay his debt to all those who contributed his wealth. And that's all of us. The whole world. If Trump isn't going to be a team player, then the only ones who will forgive him are the ones he isn't belligerent toward. Right now, Trump is out of control. He's in his own world that only a few inhabit. Everyone else is the "enemy". That's not a healthy attitude for a President of the United States. Can he be brought down to Earth and made whole, restored his humanity? I don't know. But we can all try.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I've decided to donate a large sum of money to Donald Trump. now wait a minute hear me out. i can't help the working class directly or by these idle discussions/debates about marxism online that go nowhere. that's painfully obvious. but what i can do is help the trump foundation expand so it can create more jobs for more people.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:57 pm I've decided to donate a large sum of money to Donald Trump. now wait a minute hear me out. i can't help the working class directly or by these idle discussions/debates about marxism online that go nowhere. that's painfully obvious. but what i can do is help the trump foundation expand so it can create more jobs for more people.
It would depend upon what sorts of jobs the "Trump Foundation" supports. Trump tried to bring back coal use which most seem to say is very damaging to the atmosphere, think of the industrial revolution when people in many industrialized cities could hardly breathe the air around them due to all the factories pumping coal residue into the air. Coal is NOT a good fuel, that's a fact. If Trump is going to ignore that fact, then he's wrong. Wrong. If the "Trump Foundation" will put money into more environmentally sustainable jobs and vocations, then yes, that foundation might be worthwhile. Note, simply handing the poor money for nothing isn't really a viable solution all the time either.

If the Trump Foundation wants to make a positive difference, then I would say it needs to stay away from promoting urban development or the destruction of land set aside for the ecosystem, and wildlife. America currently has a big problem with homeless people and the fact that we have a very large number of uninhabited houses right now. Orlando where I live has something like 161,000 vacant homes that no one is in. We also have a lot of homeless people. That's a serious problem and speaks of a dysfunctional economic model.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:33 pm
mickthinks wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:28 am Yep, as is so often the case with Walker, the epithets are switched so that up is down and dark is light, or in this case, the most corrupt and incompetent president in the history of the USA is one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA.

lol
The facts say otherwise than that gibbering, Gibbonistic WOT comment. Sorry (not), I don't follow your links.
The discerning philosophers among us will note how Walker has taken no risks with any checkable claims there. The fact is Walker is a stranger to facts. If it's the truth, Walker isn't interested. If it's Breitbart, on the other hand ...
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:03 pm MAGA!

So unsurprising. The fact that he didn't get arrested immediately is really troubling to me. Meanwhile in another part of America, a black man shot at a white family for coming onto his property, and he was arrested as far as I know immediately. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tball-yard

Anybody shooting at random people just because they're on your lawn or knocking on your door needs some serious correction...
FlashDangerpants

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:06 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:03 pm MAGA!

So unsurprising. The fact that he didn't get arrested immediately is really troubling to me. Meanwhile in another part of America, a black man shot at a white family for coming onto his property, and he was arrested as far as I know immediately. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tball-yard

Anybody shooting at random people just because they're on your lawn or knocking on your door needs some serious correction...
Americans have a real thing for shooting each other just because they think they might be allowed to. It doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"?"

i think i wuz using some kind of screwy logic to argue that since tall black dudes that u don't know at your door late at night can be as scary as a guys with ski masks on, and that if Forrest Whitey Whitaker is being charged for a hate crime, so should eveyone who has ever shot a guy in a ski mask.

I'm tryna infer that FWW's fear wuz not something derived from a rational assessment of race... one which led him to believe black people should be hated and/or shot. Rather it was a genuine fear originating from an unconscious stereotyping of black people.

let's say the guy just saw seven breaking news reports of some black guy robbing or shooting someone in the last two weeks. this is sufficient for someone to be justified in having a fear of black people. but u wouldn't shoot em becuz they were black. you'd shoot em becuz you were afraid. and being afraid of something doesn't mean you 'hate' it.

Now this prolly wouldn't fly in a philosophy logic class but shirley it would work in a court room.