In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: In The News

Post by promethean75 »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -democrats

Two members of the hip-hop band The Black Eyed Peas expelled for impersonating democratic law makers.
BigMike

Post by BigMike »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:36 am perhaps, but if that were true, you're in a bigger tangle than u were before becuz Trump also deliberately encouraged jan 6, which means he's on the same team as the deepstate FBIers.

the only alternative would be that trump has nothing to do with the secret cabal bent on destroying ermerica and really thought the election wuz fraudulent... while at the same time, it just so happens that the deepstate is instigating a jan 6 for the same reason; a fraudulent election. but if it wuz fraudulent, it wuz rigged by the same people encouraging the jan 6 event. so then trump's provocative behavior should then be praised by the deepstate.

unless. unless every second of trump is an act and has been an act this whole time. what's the hush money indictments for? they have to keep the appearance that trump is the antithesis of the deepstate, not an agent of it.

bro your whole shit just got switched up. not u walker i mean... well yeah u too maybe but mostly just the maga guys. Trump's being paid to do all this bruh. He and Biden and all those prats hang out together.
https://www.amazon.com/Art-Lie-Deceptiv ... 200&sr=1-3
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Uh oh BigMike back up in this piece. He droppin links.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

didja see how overdone the arrest of the Pentagon leaks kid wuz? a twenty one year old in shorts and a t-shirt is instructed to lock his hands behind his head and take steps backward for like seventy-five feet very slowly toward the four guys in Call Of Duty gear behind the armored attack vehicle with their guns trained on em. wouldn't doubt it if the navy had destroyers parked a few miles off the coast in case the kid tried anything. u can never be too careful.

C'mon guys really? U can't just walk up to the kid and put the cuffs on em?

Alright boys we're gonna run a class four defensive formation detainment maneuver with armored vehicle support.

Can't we just go up there and arrest him?

Absolutely not, Miller. We have no idea what we could be up against. Alright boys let's do this.

ATTENTION. THE HOUSE IS SURROUNDED. YOU WILL EXIT THE BUILDING WITH YOU'RE HAN...krrrrrrkshhhkrrrrr... godammit what's wrong with this fuckin megaphone? Williams did u change the batteries in this thing like I asked u?

I did sir. It's touchy... smack it a couple times.

Krrrkkkrrrrshh... GODDAMN THIS FUC...oh it's working. YOU WILL EXIT THE BUILDING WITH YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD. TURN AROUND AND WALK BACKWARD AS I INSTRUCT U. DO U UNDERSTAND?

I see em Sarge. He's at the door. Jesus Christ he's got flipflops on. Get that armored truck into a flank position now! Thomas, Harrison, hold your position at the back of the vehicle. We're gonna walk em out.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:48 pm didja see how overdone the arrest of the Pentagon leaks kid wuz? a twenty one year old in shorts and a t-shirt is instructed to lock his hands behind his head and take steps backward for like seventy-five feet very slowly toward the four guys in Call Of Duty gear behind the armored attack vehicle with their guns trained on em. wouldn't doubt it if the navy had destroyers parked a few miles off the coast in case the kid tried anything. u can never be too careful.

C'mon guys really? U can't just walk up to the kid and put the cuffs on em?

Alright boys we're gonna run a class four defensive formation detainment maneuver with armored vehicle support.

Can't we just go up there and arrest him?

Absolutely not, Miller. We have no idea what we could be up against. Alright boys let's do this.

ATTENTION. THE HOUSE IS SURROUNDED. YOU WILL EXIT THE BUILDING WITH YOU'RE HAN...krrrrrrkshhhkrrrrr... godammit what's wrong with this fuckin megaphone? Williams did u change the batteries in this thing like I asked u?

I did sir. It's touchy... smack it a couple times.

Krrrkkkrrrrshh... GODDAMN THIS FUC...oh it's working. YOU WILL EXIT THE BUILDING WITH YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD. TURN AROUND AND WALK BACKWARD AS I INSTRUCT U. DO U UNDERSTAND?

I see em Sarge. He's at the door. Jesus Christ he's got flipflops on. Get that armored truck into a flank position now! Thomas, Harrison, hold your position at the back of the vehicle. We're gonna walk em out.
Did you consider how completely serious the charges are?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

does the seriousness of a crime and its consequences necessarily reflect the threat level of its perpetrator?

discuss.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:00 am does the seriousness of a crime and its consequences necessarily reflect the threat level of its perpetrator?

discuss.
There’s a significant possibility that someone who commits a very serious crime would commit another very serious crime during the arrest. As for the threat level of a kid in shorts, looks can be deceiving.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:14 pm... it does wreck the Leftist narrative-script.
No it doesn't, Wlaker. You just think it does. You are seeing it through MTG's eyes.
Walker

Post by Walker »

mickthinks wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:22 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:14 pm... it does wreck the Leftist narrative-script.
No it doesn't, Wlaker. You just think it does. You are seeing it through MTG's eyes.
If you must write to me at least don't waste my time.

The facts measured by reality rather than Unicorns belie your ignorant assertion that is supported only by your baseless belief.

Belief-based assertions cut the cheese but not the mustard. How long before you learn?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:55 pm

The facts measured by reality rather than Unicorns belie your ignorant assertion that is supported only by your baseless belief.

Belief-based assertions cut the cheese but not the mustard. How long before you learn?
I believe the apt response to this post will be something like, “I know you are, but what am I?”
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:55 pm

The discerning philosophers among us will note how Walker has taken no risks with any checkable claims there. The fact is Walker is a stranger to facts.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Utilities to Base What They Charge on How Much You Make
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/r ... e-n1687622

“That’s what Communism is all about, at least in theory: leveling out economic differences between people by confiscating earnings from the rich and awarding them to those who have less. This is the fundamental reason why Marxism, despite its extraordinarily bloody historical record, still appeals to so many people, rich, poor, and in between: it appears to redress the injustices in life and provide everyone with a decent living.”

“The problem with it arises from the fact that capitalism is inescapable. It is an iron law. It is not actually an economic system that can be discarded and replaced with a better one. It is simply the way human interactions work. If the California utility companies are going to make people who have more money pay more for the same goods and services they could get for less money if they had less, there will be several results: wealthier people will seek to hide their wealth through various means, so as to pay the lower rate. Some enterprising entrepreneurs will make a good living by helping them do this. So from the Marxism of the utility companies will come more capitalism.”
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:14 pm “That’s what Communism is all about, at least in theory: leveling out economic differences between people by confiscating earnings from the rich and awarding them to those who have less. This is the fundamental reason why Marxism, despite its extraordinarily bloody historical record, still appeals to so many people, rich, poor, and in between: it appears to redress the injustices in life and provide everyone with a decent living.”

“The problem with it arises from the fact that capitalism is inescapable. It is an iron law. It is not actually an economic system that can be discarded and replaced with a better one. It is simply the way human interactions work. If the California utility companies are going to make people who have more money pay more for the same goods and services they could get for less money if they had less, there will be several results: wealthier people will seek to hide their wealth through various means, so as to pay the lower rate. Some enterprising entrepreneurs will make a good living by helping them do this. So from the Marxism of the utility companies will come more capitalism.”

This is wrong at almost every turn. In the very first sentence, for example;- confiscating earnings from the rich and awarding them to those who have less is not what communism is about.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Mr Lester, who is white, has been charged with shooting Ralph Yarl, 16, who is black, once in the head and once in the arm when he rang the wrong doorbell while picking up his younger brothers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65307047
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:46 am Image

Mr Lester, who is white, has been charged with shooting Ralph Yarl, 16, who is black, once in the head and once in the arm when he rang the wrong doorbell while picking up his younger brothers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65307047
BTW, Mr. Lester reportedly said that he thought the person who rang his doorbell was an intruder. Yes, an intruder who rings the doorbell 😩