Does dattaswami pass the Turing Test?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Does dattaswami pass the Turing Test?

Post by Iwannaplato »

I was reading one of DS's many threads and noted, again, that his responses are not really responses to the other participants in the thread. A response to his posts, generally, triggers a short or longer lecture that has some connection to what was said, but not much. He (it?) does not exhibit full understanding of the questions and criticism. Nor does he seem very aware of social norms - even if we take into account the cross-cultural situation.

Could he be an AI practicing?
To pass a well-designed Turing test, the machine must use natural language, reason, have knowledge and learn.
DS uses natural language and limited reasoning. Let's set aside the knowledge issue for the moment.
Can DS learn?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Does dattaswami pass the Turing Test?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Is he even still alive? I noticed he joined in 2010, posted hardly anything, then suddenly reappeared again in 2022. And his voice isn't on his videos--it's some woman. Odd.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:23 am Is he even still alive? I noticed he joined in 2010, posted hardly anything, then suddenly reappeared again in 2022. And his voice isn't on his videos--it's some woman. Odd.
I noticed a woman's voice on a video that focused on his being a deity. I didn't realize minions were making all of them. I thought it was just the one's where his saintly humility might get called into question.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:23 am Is he even still alive? I noticed he joined in 2010, posted hardly anything, then suddenly reappeared again in 2022. And his voice isn't on his videos--it's some woman. Odd.
Maybe he has ascended to the point where he does not speak -- he used to speak for God/Christ, and now others speak for dattaswami. What a load of crap. Their righteous work involves posting on this particular forum of people who continually mock them? They're simply unloading all their 'weed seeds' here because they can get away with it. Either that, or this forum is becoming the repository for their works.

Isn't there a forum rule against dead people posting?
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

I have noticed the occasional interaction, but his posts are not always relevant.

If someone was taking the Turing test and trying to determine whether the responder was human or program, they might come to the conclusion that dattaswami was a program for that reason.

The truth is, we don’t know. Many of the posts we see here are also word for word copy pastes of some of his blogs from his website.

The intention of dattaswami does not appear to be conversation, which is what is required to pass a Turing test.

He seems to have no intention to interact, only to post his blogs here.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dimebag wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:38 pm I have noticed the occasional interaction, but his posts are not always relevant.

If someone was taking the Turing test and trying to determine whether the responder was human or program, they might come to the conclusion that dattaswami was a program for that reason.

The truth is, we don’t know. Many of the posts we see here are also word for word copy pastes of some of his blogs from his website.

The intention of dattaswami does not appear to be conversation, which is what is required to pass a Turing test.

He seems to have no intention to interact, only to post his blogs here.
I've actually found him to be more responsive than Peter Kropotkin, for example, but the bulk of his participation is, yes, copy paste. Further his reponses don't really fit the criticisms, questions, arguments of the people he is supposedly responding to. Responses to his posts tend to trigger short or long lectures. Which is a perfect pattern for a not yet passing the TT AI. I think this is precisely how a not successful program would respond. It's related. It's not random. But the program is not able to tease out the exact criticism. It doesn't quite know how to respond to the specific point made. So, it pulls 'true' stuff out of its memory and throws it down as if it is a response.

Now do I really think DS is an AI? Well, I would guess he's not. But I realized that I think an AI, with access to the swami's blogs, could probably do as well, today, as DS does in responding here.. IOW his abilities as a participant in a dialogue are not out of reach of current AIs.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:08 pm
Maybe he has ascended to the point where he does not speak -- he used to speak for God/Christ, and now others speak for dattaswami. What a load of crap. Their righteous work involves posting on this particular forum of people who continually mock them? They're simply unloading all their 'weed seeds' here because they can get away with it. Either that, or this forum is becoming the repository for their works.

Many forums have a rule against merely posting a link as the OP of a thread. But it seems to be fine here. I had hoped the mod/owner would send a little prod to not do this - I asked them to. Perhaps they did, but it didn't work, if they did.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:38 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:08 pm

Many forums have a rule against merely posting a link as the OP of a thread. But it seems to be fine here. I had hoped the mod/owner would send a little prod to not do this - I asked them to. Perhaps they did, but it didn't work, if they did.
I don't see anything wrong with that in the lounge as long as you give some clue as to the content of the video.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:42 pm
I noticed a woman's voice on a video that focused on his being a deity. I didn't realize minions were making all of them. I thought it was just the one's where his saintly humility might get called into question.
I am alive....
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

dattaswami wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:02 am
I am alive....
…or so you would have us believe.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I thought we scared him off.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

dattaswami wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:02 am
I am alive....
What's your point?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:13 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:38 am Many forums have a rule against merely posting a link as the OP of a thread. But it seems to be fine here. I had hoped the mod/owner would send a little prod to not do this - I asked them to. Perhaps they did, but it didn't work, if they did.
I don't see anything wrong with that in the lounge as long as you give some clue as to the content of the video.
It looks like self-promotion to me. The links are to many Youtube videos that glorify dattaswami, himself, with his head flying around in a spinning sun.

I don't think this forum should be used as the hub for his video preaching.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:33 am

What's your point?
When the Lord comes in the human body, which follows all the rules of the nature, an ignorant person insults Him seeing the ordinary human body, since he does not recognize the value of the internal form. This is told in Gita (Avajaananti Mam Mudhaah). The Lord can make His body to be divine and above the rules of nature by His super power. But He does not do this because He does not like to violate the rules of nature, since He is the creator of those rules.

One will not generally contradict His own rule and insult himself. An ordinary soul in the form of Yogi or a demon frequently exhibits his body to be beyond the rules of the nature because he is not insulted since he is not the creator of the rules of the nature. By such petty miracle the ignorant person believes such Yogi or demon as the Lord. The Lord is the ruler of Yogis (Yogeeswara).

Once a saint walked on the river but Shri Rama Krishna Parahamsa who is the human incarnation of the Lord came by a boat paying one rupee(1 CENT). The Saint proudly told Shri Paramahamasa that he obtained the power to walk on the water by Sadhana for the past thirty years.

The saint asked Paramahamsa whether He did such tedious Sadhana in His life. Paramahamsa told simply with a smile that the cost of his thirty-year-old Sadhana is one rupee!! And that He
never did such cheap Sadhana.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

dattaswami wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:48 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:33 am

What's your point?
When the Lord comes in the human body, which follows all the rules of the nature, an ignorant person insults Him seeing the ordinary human body, since he does not recognize the value of the internal form. This is told in Gita (Avajaananti Mam Mudhaah). The Lord can make His body to be divine and above the rules of nature by His super power. But He does not do this because He does not like to violate the rules of nature, since He is the creator of those rules.

One will not generally contradict His own rule and insult himself. An ordinary soul in the form of Yogi or a demon frequently exhibits his body to be beyond the rules of the nature because he is not insulted since he is not the creator of the rules of the nature. By such petty miracle the ignorant person believes such Yogi or demon as the Lord. The Lord is the ruler of Yogis (Yogeeswara).

Once a saint walked on the river but Shri Rama Krishna Parahamsa who is the human incarnation of the Lord came by a boat paying one rupee(1 CENT). The Saint proudly told Shri Paramahamasa that he obtained the power to walk on the water by Sadhana for the past thirty years.

The saint asked Paramahamsa whether He did such tedious Sadhana in His life. Paramahamsa told simply with a smile that the cost of his thirty-year-old Sadhana is one rupee!! And that He
never did such cheap Sadhana.
Preaching fantasy