So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

The Theory of Enlightenment

Post by roydop »

promethean75

Re: The Theory of Enlightenment

Post by promethean75 »

I can't watch the video roy becuz I'm already enlightened, but I'm sure it's good. What I do know is that you have the most awesome crib I have ever seen in a YouTube video. What is that, a house, apartment, what?

Is that a spiral staircase behind you back there?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:59 pm I can't watch the video roy becuz I'm already enlightened, but I'm sure it's good. What I do know is that you have the most awesome crib I have ever seen in a YouTube video. What is that, a house, apartment, what?

Freaking dope.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Discovery channel should do a whole series called Philosophy's Dopest Cribs just on the premise of Roy's place, alone. In fact that would be the pilot episode.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Imagine how much more badass Spinoza would have been if he had Roy's place instead of this little fuckin old ass 17th century boarding room or whatever it is....

th-1480303315.jpg
th-1480303315.jpg (30.98 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

there's an old 17th century Portuguese rationalist philosopher saying that goes 'quiet the soul and live modestly, give us only small room, our books and our bread'. This is stoic nonsense. i say get a fuckin pool table in there and a mini bar and a workout room and all that man. plus spinz could have a whole section of that upstairs area behind Roy to set his lens grinding stuff up in.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:08 pm Imagine how much more badass Spinoza would have been if he had Roy's place instead of this little fuckin old ass 17th century boarding room or whatever it is....

th-1480303315.jpg
I love that room, though RD probably has better heat. But then Spinoza came up with new concepts. RD is just rehashing. His disorganized arguments are new, as far as I can tell, but the conclusions...I mean, there were like 50 sort of well known people in the 60s saying the same stuff. If only he'd been born a bit earlier. He could be giving workshops at Esalen right now and getting rolfed after dinner. Who needs a great crib when you're just feet from the Pacific with coastal pines breaking the wind and educated hippies filling your coffers for neo-eastern spirituality word-collages.
roydop

Post by roydop »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:59 pm I can't watch the video roy becuz I'm already enlightened, but I'm sure it's good. What I do know is that you have the most awesome crib I have ever seen in a YouTube video. What is that, a house, apartment, what?

I have a 3-story tower as well.

It's like living in an Escher drawing. It's a conduit that increases creativity
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Roy, Enlightenment is not a theory.

Enlightenment is that which does away with all theories.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Roy, the purpose of the game is not to end the game.

It is to play the game of duality and forget it's nondual.

This is obvious, because if every one stopped playing the game, they wouldn't be able to tell themself it's game over.

You have never known game over.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

"Do you have it?"
"Si, señor, I have it."
"Good, now we wait!"
"For whom?"
"For nunya business, Pedro!"
"Ah! :) "