Does this god proof work?

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: Does this god proof work?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:58 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:37 am
Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:30 am Are you serious? oh, I don't know, it's only the strongest feeling of truth that can be known! Let me ask you this, are you as a mind knowing that mind is knowing? Yes! Mind is knowing, also 2+2=4, this is silly.
You didn't even bother to explain what sort of relationship "mind is knowing" refers to.

You have to stop marking your homework you have far less talent that you assume. If the knowing is the mind then what knows the knowing? This is circular stupidity.
If the knowing is the mind then what knows the knowing?

The knowing knows the knowing.

The knowing knows the [knowing] = The knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [[knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the... (Infinity...)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Welcome to infinity bitch!

Edit: This is a God proof after all, you really thought there will be no infinity in it? God is all-powerful and Infinite!, dah...
And what does the thinking, the believing, and the imagining?

And still ... verb or noun? Is the mind made out of "knowing" or is the mind some collection of acts of "knowing"? It should be an easy question that doesn't need to get asked three times.

There's another idiot round here who thinks that he has some ultra special super-feel that must be known to all as true just as you claim your "mind is knowing" is. His is all about the person belonging to himself as a piece of property exactly like luggage or a pair of cufflinks. I do hope you meet Henry soon.
Magnolia5275

Post by Magnolia5275 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:38 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:37 am
You didn't even bother to explain what sort of relationship "mind is knowing" refers to.

You have to stop marking your homework you have far less talent that you assume. If the knowing is the mind then what knows the knowing? This is circular stupidity.

The knowing knows the [knowing] = The knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [[knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the [knowing knows the... (Infinity...)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Edit: This is a God proof after all, you really thought there will be no infinity in it? God is all-powerful and Infinite!, dah...

And still ... verb or noun? Is the mind made out of "knowing" or is the mind some collection of acts of "knowing"? It should be an easy question that doesn't need to get asked three times.

There's another idiot round here who thinks that he has some ultra special super-feel that must be known to all as true just as you claim your "mind is knowing" is. His is all about the person belonging to himself as a piece of property exactly like luggage or a pair of cufflinks. I do hope you meet Henry soon.
Is the mind made out of "knowing" or is the mind some collection of acts of "knowing"?
Great question! The mind is an infinite self-referential act of knowing its own knowing. That is the whole story of reality. That is what everything is. What do you think? Am I a genius or a genius knowing that he is? Would you say the "knowing that I am a genius" is a false statement?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:55 am A:

1. It is not possible to know the unknowable
2. A world outside the knowing is unknowable
3. It is not possible to know a world outside the knowing
4. Mind is knowing
5. It is not possible to know a world outside the mind
6. It is not possible for me to know the world outside my mind
7. The world is my mind

---------------------------------------------------------------
B:

1. We know a world
2. The world we know must be in the mind[A]
3. The world is in the mind
4. The mind is greater than the world
This has to be false. If you want the world to be the object of perception rather than a self created fantasy.
5. The mind is All-Knowing of the world
Only if you want to live in a fantasy.
6. All that is in the mind are its conceptions
7. The world is the mind's creation
8. The mind is All-Powerful
Obviously not.
9. The mind is God
10. God exists

Can't find a single problem. I think it is perfect!
Here's a problem. If it is perfect then why are you asking us on the Forum?
If you think the entire world is in your head and that B5-7 is true then you ought not be surprised by how people respond. IN fact you should already know how people respond - so once again, why are you posting?

(Edit):____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even better! Proves existence outside the mind is impossible:

1. It is not possible to know the unknowable
2. A world outside the knowing is unknowable
3. It is not possible to know a world outside the knowing
4. Mind is knowing
5. It is not possible to know a world outside the mind
6. It is not possible for me to know the world outside my mind

1. It is not possible for me to know the world outside my mind
2. I know language so it is in my mind
3. Words in language can only reference things I know
4. Words in language can only reference things my mind[4]
5. "Truth" is a word in language
6. "Truth" can only reference things in the mind
7. All truths only reference things in the mind
8. Reality corresponds to all truths
9. Reality only references things in the mind
10. Reality is in the mind
11. The mind is greater than reality
12. The mind is All-Knowing of reality
13. All that is in the mind are its conceptions
14. Reality is the mind's creation
15. The mind is All-Powerful
16. The mind is God[5][8][9]
17. God exists

QED: God is a fantasy of your own imagination.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:55 am
Can't find a single problem. I think it is perfect!
You ask, "Does this God proof work", and go on to present us with the 'proof', along with an assertion that it is perfect. Well, if it were perfect proof of something, wouldn't it convince me of something? :?

Actually, it does convince me of something, but nothing to do with what you are attempting to prove.
Last edited by Harbal on Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:27 am

Is the mind made out of "knowing" or is the mind some collection of acts of "knowing"?
Great question! The mind is an infinite self-referential act of knowing its own knowing. That is the whole story of reality. That is what everything is. What do you think? Am I a genius or a genius knowing that he is? Would you say the "knowing that I am a genius" is a false statement?
You're asking for information. Information about his reaction to your arguments and assertions. If your argument is correct, you should already know the answer. Everything is a part of your mind, you have asserted, and your mind knows everything. So, you should already know the answer to that question. If he is outside you and not you, then, according to you, there is no way for you to get any information about him. Again, no point in the question.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:27 am

You appear to have some belief that you are quite impressive. The mind is Belief.
It seems you are subject to a desire to effortlessly surpass. The mind is Desire.
You are quite evidently suffering a certain degree of delusion about your capabilities. The mind is Delusion.
Your argument is fantasy. The mind is....
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

God is in everything, but nothing is God.

A fortiori the mind is not God.

For the simple reason that the mind lies.

The lie of the mind is what made us lose God.
In fact, the mind has convinced us that it is ourselves.

We are our mind!
This is the deception we have fallen into.

Because we are not our mind...
If we were, we'd just be a mechanism. Sophisticated as you like, but not dissimilar in substance to any other interaction of events.

Instead, we are pure nothingness.
And that Nothingness is God.
Magnolia5275

Post by Magnolia5275 »

bobmax wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:25 pm God is in everything, but nothing is God.

A fortiori the mind is not God.

For the simple reason that the mind lies.

The lie of the mind is what made us lose God.
In fact, the mind has convinced us that it is ourselves.

We are our mind!
This is the deception we have fallen into.

Because we are not our mind...
If we were, we'd just be a mechanism. Sophisticated as you like, but not dissimilar in substance to any other interaction of events.

Instead, we are pure nothingness.
And that Nothingness is God.
No-thing is a comparative concept and does not reference any truth when used in the pure abstract sense (in daily language it is ok).

If you say "Nothingness is God" then it means "God is a "not truth". a "not-truth" is not a thing in itself and you cannot be it, nothing can be a "not-truth". and so cannot God.

God is truth, God is knowing that he is knowing. "I am that I am" Exodus 3:14
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Magnolia5275 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:10 pm No-thing is a comparative concept and does not reference any truth when used in the pure abstract sense (in daily language it is ok).

If you say "Nothingness is God" then it means "God is a "not truth". a "not-truth" is not a thing in itself and you cannot be it, nothing can be a "not-truth". and so cannot God.

God is truth, God is knowing that he is knowing. "I am that I am" Exodus 3:14
Nothing means it doesn't exist.
It means just that.

There is a fundamental difference between "being" and "existing"
It exists what is in front of you.
While being is what allows existence, and for this reason it in turn does not exist.

Therefore Being does not exist.
So, albeit paradoxically: Being = Nothing.

Truth is being itself.
Indeed Being = Being True

Of ways that the truth of anything refers to being.
And being, for existence, coincides with Nothingness.
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

And the connection with mathematics is...?