Qualities belong to the medium only and not to God.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Qualities belong to the medium only and not to God.

Post by dattaswami »

QUALITIES BELONG TO THE MEDIUM IN THE INCARNATION

The unimaginable God entered the human medium consisting of the three qualities (Sattvam, Rajas and Tamas). You can see Sattvam, the spiritual knowledge, while preaching the Gita. You can see Rajas in constant fights with evil forces. You can see Tamas in stealing the butter and dancing with Gopikas. This human incarnation shows that God equally enjoys all the three qualities. God is not touched by any quality like the person wearing the shirt is not touched by the colour of the shirt. The qualities belong to the medium only and not to God.

In the case of the human being, it is a very mixture of the three qualities. The difference between Krishna and ordinary human being must be understood. In the case of Krishna, the black colour belongs to His shirt. In the case of the human being, which is a charcoal, the black colour belongs to the human being itself. This is the difference between the human incarnation and the human being.
Advocate

Re: Qualities belong to the medium only and not to God.

Post by Advocate »

Everything you just said is indistinguishable from fiction.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:45 pm Everything you just said is indistinguishable from fiction.
Sattvam is knowledge based on awareness. Rajas is power and work based on inert energy. Tamas is static nature based on inert matter. All the three are important fundamental constituents for the creation. These three qualities are represented by the three divine forms of God (Trimūrti).
If you stand in this angle, all the three are equally important and all the three divine forms are equally sacred. Sattvam is based on sharp analysis and discrimination. Rajas is dynamic action. Tamas is sleep for rest. All the three are important.

If you take a different angle, which is that these three represent different qualities of awareness, only Sattvam is good whereas Rajas and Tamas are bad. Since Rajas and Tamas are inert, the non-inert qualities of awareness influenced by these two inert qualities naturally include ignorance that is related to inert nature.

Sattvam being fundamentally awareness is always without ignorance. A quality means property, which may be inert or non-inert. Burning is the quality of fire and this quality is inert. Analysis is the property of intelligence and this property is non-inert. Hence, the word quality shall not be confused as mere inert or non-inert.

Regarding food items, they are classified into three types based on Sattvam, Rajas and Tamas. In this topic, the word ‘quality’ means the inert quality of the inert food item. All the food items good for good health are termed as Sattvic foods. Good health gives good thoughts and in this way, the good inert quality is influencing the non-inert good thought. The crucial point here is that an inert item causing good physical health promotes good mental health also since body and mind are inter-related.

This concept brings the junction of inert items and non-inert thoughts of awareness. By this, we should not confuse that inert and non-inert phases are one and the same. If you are eating wheat food, it does not bring any disturbance to the good health, by which a peaceful physical body results that helps the formation of peaceful, mental behavior. By this, one shall not mistake that wheat is directly converted into good mind.
For example, if one eats chilies, lot of physical disturbance appears leading to emotional thoughts. The chilies are not directly related to the specific nature of the thought. Of course, the food or matter is converted into inert energy and which is again converted into awareness in the functioning nervous system.

This is a direct conversion in a fundamental way. But a specific food item converting into a specific quality is not like this fundamental conversion. What I mean is that the wheat is not directly converted into Sattvic quality and the chilies are not directly converted into Rajasic quality. In these conversions, there is an intermediate state called good physical health or bad physical health. This intermediate stage generates the quality. Since wheat gives good physical health, good Sattvic quality appears.

Since chilies generate disturbed physical health (bad physical health), such state of physical health generates bad Rajasic quality. When inert energy is converted into awareness such intermediate state is not required. On the basis of the overall way, we can say that food generates not only awareness but also the specific qualities.

Of course, food directly generates various physical tissues of the body. The living being as body, individual soul (bundle of qualities) and soul (pure awareness) is the modification of food only and hence, the Veda says that the total living being is from the food only (Annāt puruṣaḥ).
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:45 pm Everything you just said is indistinguishable from fiction.
I have to disagree with you, Advocate. In my humble opinion, everything he just said is indistinguishable from meaningless nonsense.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

We should be grateful. This seems to be a recent essay of his...
QUALITIES BELONG TO THE MEDIUM IN THE INCARNATION...https://www.speakingtree.in › Blogs
2 Oct 2022 — You can see Tamas in stealing the butter and dancing with Gopikas. This human incarnation shows that God equally enjoys all the three qualities.
Copy and paste...but...recent.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

dattaswami wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:31 am QUALITIES BELONG TO THE MEDIUM IN THE INCARNATION

The unimaginable God...
Full stop. If god is unimaginable, then it is not possible to conceive, much less describe it, yet you go on to describe it and its intentions thereby contradicting your self with your first sentence.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:32 pm
dattaswami wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:31 am QUALITIES BELONG TO THE MEDIUM IN THE INCARNATION

The unimaginable God...
Full stop. If god is unimaginable, then it is not possible to conceive, much less describe it, yet you go on to describe it and its intentions thereby contradicting your self with your first sentence.
If anyone says that he knows Me, he does not know anything about Me. If someone says that he came to know Me as unknowable to anyone, such person can be treated as knower since he knows at least one point about My unknowable nature. If you say that you have known Me, it is your ego only. If you say that I am unknowable to anyone, it reflects your obedience, which is the fruit of true spiritual knowledge.

The only one aspect that you can know about Me is My existence. It means that you came to know that the unknowable God exists through the observation of unknowable events called as miracles in this world and also from the unknowable end of the boundary of this world (since unknowable God is around the boundary). You may throw away these miracles as magic. Does it mean that whatever exists is known to you or whatever known to you alone exists? The beginning and end of the universe exist, which you can never know.

You have to accept the existence of unknowable. You know that the velocity and position of an electron simultaneously exist with specific values, but, you can never know both simultaneously due to crudeness of your equipment. Similarly, due to limitations of the capacity of your brain, you are unable to know the unimaginable nature of the God even though He exists.

God is imaginable to Himself and is unimaginable to your crude brain only. God, being beyond the space, can never be imagined since your brain can imagine anything having at least the least spatial dimensions. This unimaginable nature continues forever so that ego is always suppressed in you, which helps your spiritual effort. Hence, this is not sadism, but, this is only to help you in your spiritual progress.

Similarly, you can’t attain Me by the efforts, which only bring deservingness in you. I will be attained by you whenever I like and My attainment is not a fruit that must be attained by an effort. Hence, you should go on worshiping Me through real love, sacrifice and service without aspiring any fruit in return. Only such devotee will attain Me whenever there is a need in this world for human incarnation.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:28 am
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:32 pm

The unimaginable God...
If anyone says that he knows Me, he does not know anything about Me. If someone says that he came to know Me as unknowable to anyone, such person can be treated as knower since he knows at least one point about My unknowable nature. If you say that you have known Me, it is your ego only. If you say that I am unknowable to anyone, it reflects your obedience, which is the fruit of true spiritual knowledge.
The problem, as I already pointed out, is that you say that it is unknowable, but then write several paragraphs about the nature of what you claim is unknowable. If it is unknowable, and that is all you can say, then say that and that's it, stop typing. Anything more is you contradicting yourself and "your ego".
dattaswami wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:28 am You have to accept the existence of unknowable.
You can say that for almost anything. I'm sure that there are great many things that are currently unknowable, like the existence of aliens. I accept that there I many things I don't know, but then none of those things have any use for me unless I have the capacity to someday know about them. If it will always be unknowable, then what is the point of even talking about it?

"Miracles" are not evidence of the existence of some god. They are simply evidence of our ignorance of the causes of events. "Random" and "probability" are also terms used to refer to our ignorance of the causal relations of the world. Every event in the universe is unique, yet similar or different in some degree to other events, which is why we can make predictions, but not perfect ones.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:37 pm You can say that for almost anything. I'm sure that there are great many things that are currently unknowable, like the existence of aliens. "Miracles" are not evidence of the existence of some god. They are simply evidence of our ignorance of the causes of events. "Random" and "probability" are also terms used to refer to our ignorance of the causal relations of the world. Every event in the universe is unique, yet similar or different in some degree to other events, which is why we can make predictions, but not perfect ones.
Nobody opposes science because the fundamental concepts in science are based on practical experiments. Spiritual knowledge must also start at the basic level of the practical experience of miracles, which alone can convince atheists and scientists. Thus, the experience of miracles serves as the foundation of spiritual knowledge. The concept that God is unimaginable is stated in the Veda (Yato vāco, aprāpya manasā, Na medhayā, Naiṣā tarkeṇa etc.) and in the Gita (Māṃ tu veda na kaścana). So, no soul can ever know the true nature of God.

That is why miracles play a crucial role in spirituality. Miracles have always been performed by several genuine God-men, but they have also been performed by several devilish black magicians. We are only concerned with the miracle and not the qualities of the performer of the miracle. When a scientific experiment is demonstrated by a demonstrator, we are only concerned with the experiment and not the qualities of the demonstrator. No matter who performs the miracle, it proves to the persons witnessing the miracle that an unimaginable power exists, which is not different from the unimaginable God Himself!

It is only in view of this positive angle, that God allowed even devils to perform these unimaginable acts called miracles. The miracles allow all people in this world to recognize the existence of the unimaginable power or the unimaginable God. Ultimately, the source of the unimaginable events must be the unimaginable God Himself. Thus, miracles serve as the direct proof, based on perception for the existence of the unimaginable God. Of course, miracles only prove the existence of God. The nature of God always remains unimaginable. Most recently, Shri Satya Sai Baba performed a variety of miracles and fortunately, there are several recorded videos showing His performance of the miracles.

The scriptures speak about the unimaginable God and unimaginable miracles are often exhibited by God-men. In spite of the clear existence of both the theoretical and the practical basis, the exact link between the concept of unimaginable God and the observed unimaginable miracles had not been clearly established by anybody, so far.

The credit for the same goes to God Datta who established this fundamental link through the medium of this Datta Swami. With this link established, we can introduce the concept of unimaginable God on the basis of practically-experienced miracles.
Miracles in spiritual knowledge, thus, serve the same function as practical experiments in science. They conclusively prove the theoretical concepts. Linking miracles to the theoretical spiritual concepts as the practical demonstration of spiritual concepts, formally makes them part of spiritual knowledge. When spirituality is equipped with this practical proof in the form of miracles, it becomes a systematic subject with the same reliability as science. Then nobody can speak anything against it, just as no body can speak against science today.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:40 pm
Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:37 pm You can say that for almost anything. I'm sure that there are great many things that are currently unknowable, like the existence of aliens. "Miracles" are not evidence of the existence of some god. They are simply evidence of our ignorance of the causes of events. "Random" and "probability" are also terms used to refer to our ignorance of the causal relations of the world. Every event in the universe is unique, yet similar or different in some degree to other events, which is why we can make predictions, but not perfect ones.
Nobody opposes science because the fundamental concepts in science are based on practical experiments. Spiritual knowledge must also start at the basic level of the practical experience of miracles, which alone can convince atheists and scientists. Thus, the experience of miracles serves as the foundation of spiritual knowledge. The concept that God is unimaginable is stated in the Veda (Yato vāco, aprāpya manasā, Na medhayā, Naiṣā tarkeṇa etc.) and in the Gita (Māṃ tu veda na kaścana). So, no soul can ever know the true nature of God.
The nature of science is that you always question the status quo. Any lack of, or hindering of, opposing the status quo is not science, rather authoritarianism.

What is "spiritual" knowledge, and how does it differ from natural, or scientific, knowledge? Are there "spiritual" objects and events that are part of "spiritual" causal relations? Is there any causal relation with the spiritual domain and the natural one, ie does events in one create effects in the other, like god (spiritual) created the natural world (cause and effect)? If so, then why not resolve it down to one domain rather than two thereby simplifying things by removing the false dichotomy? Everything is natural and subject to natural explanations as they are all causally related. In this case, "miracles" would again just be evidence of our own ignorance of the natural causal relations involved with what we are observing.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:28 am If someone says that he came to know Me as unknowable to anyone, such person can be treated as knower since he knows at least one point about My unknowable nature.
That's is the new worst sentence anywhere on the internet.

And there's a guy talking about preegnancy protections for rocks in the ethics sub right now, so the competition is as tight as it could ever be, but you still won because you are a fucknut of the highest order.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:55 pm
What is "spiritual" knowledge, and how does it differ from natural, or scientific, knowledge? Are there "spiritual" objects and events that are part of "spiritual" causal relations? Is there any causal relation with the spiritual domain and the natural one, ie does events in one create effects in the other, like god (spiritual) created the natural world (cause and effect)? If so, then why not resolve it down to one domain rather than two thereby simplifying things by removing the false dichotomy? Everything is natural and subject to natural explanations as they are all causally related. In this case, "miracles" would again just be evidence of our own ignorance of the natural causal relations involved with what we are observing.
A true Scientist should always stand on the perception and should not deny the experience derived by perception. If he denies, he is not a scientist. All top most scientists were philosophers and spiritual people only. Those scientists have travelled along the river of Science and reached its end, which is the ocean of spiritual knowledge called as philosophy. Philosophy is pervading all the branches of Science. Every branch of Science gives Ph.D as the final degree.

Ph.D means Doctor in Philosophy. If Science and Philosophy are different, why this word Philosophy is regarded so much by all the branches of Science? Philosophy means the essence of the knowledge of every branch that is experienced when one reaches the end of that branch.
Therefore, the spiritual knowledge, which is the ocean is the Philosophy in which all branches of Science and all the Religions merge and loose their identity. A scientist who has not reached the end of Science and who is still travelling in the river only denies the existence of the ocean,
since he is still perceiving the limiting boundaries of his knowledge – river. Such river-travellers are called as atheists. They neither see the ocean nor see the other rivers. Even the follower of any particular Religion is in the state of this atheist only. He is no better than these atheists
because he believes that God is a particular form only, which is a small part of this creation.

Some other followers believe God as formless, who is the all-pervading cosmic energy. Since cosmic energy is also a part of the creation, their form of God is very big. These atheist-scientist believe that this creation is God. Thus all these are atheists only. All these atheists, who may be
scientific atheists or religious atheists, will realize the true nature of God only when they reach the end of the Science or Religion.
A scientific atheist is contradicting his own authority, which is the perception. When the human incarnation performs the inexplicable miracles, how can they deny the perception of such miracles? You may do that miracle in an alternative way, but that does not contradict the
different path of the original miracle. One may get first class by copying. Such false first class cannot contradict the genuine first class. The result is same, but the process is different.

You may produce ash by putting a fine powder of wet salt in the grews of your hand like a magician. The same ash may be produced by a divine miracle also. Since the result is same, can you argue that the process also should be same? Since the first class result is same in the case of the
original student and a fraud student, do you mean that the hard work of the original student is fraud?
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:11 pm

And there's a guy talking about preegnancy protections for rocks in the ethics sub right now, so the competition is as tight as it could ever be, but you still won because you are a fucknut of the highest order.
Science is also composed by scientists, who are human beings only. If one says that he does not believe science since it is framed by human beings only, the statement of that scientist is also similar towards spiritual knowledge. Regarding the practical authentication, Shri Satya Sai Baba
did several miracles, which are observed by several scientists and lot of public in very close manner. You neither believe theoretical nor practical spiritual knowledge. If one says that he doesn’t believe theoretical and practical science, your statement will be similar. Suppose I say
that since Einstein was a human being, the formula E=MC2 proposed by him can’t be also believed, how will it look? You may say that blasting atom bomb proves this formula, I will say that I will not believe the formula even if practical authentication is there.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

dattaswami wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:59 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:11 pm

Science is also composed by scientists, who are human beings only. If one says that he does not believe science since it is framed by human beings only, the statement of that scientist is also similar towards spiritual knowledge. Regarding the practical authentication, Shri Satya Sai Baba
did several miracles, which are observed by several scientists and lot of public in very close manner. You neither believe theoretical nor practical spiritual knowledge. If one says that he doesn’t believe theoretical and practical science, your statement will be similar. Suppose I say
that since Einstein was a human being, the formula E=MC2 proposed by him can’t be also believed, how will it look? You may say that blasting atom bomb proves this formula, I will say that I will not believe the formula even if practical authentication is there.
The fuck are you on about? That wasn't even remotely relevant.

You are a complete idiot.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:55 am
The fuck are you on about? That wasn't even remotely relevant.

You are a complete idiot.
You read all My knowledge and ask Me doubts if you have. By this, your soul will be transformed and the proof for such transformation is your practical behaviour. After doing this work, you will certainly be awarded with the divine fruits. Fruit cannot come without the practical work. Practice is the plant from which alone the fruit is born. Knowledge is like water and devotion is like manure, which help the growth of the plant to give the fruit. Mere theoretical knowledge and mere devotion through prayers cannot bring the fruit without the practical implementation in life.
God can be perceived only through the medium of human body: The Lord can be perceived by humans only through this medium of human body. Since we can perceive the Lord only in a physical human body, the Lord has to take up a human body in order to fulfill the desire and devotion of His devotees.