Hi

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

helevete000

Hi

Post by helevete000 »

Hello, im not a philosopher in education but I feel fixated to the topic and I wish to understand it. I am under 18 so I won't be posting about how i've been married to my wife for 15 years and how I question the impact of the War of Vietnam and all that but hopefully I can have people relate or some what understand the things I say. :^)
FlashDangerpants

Re: Hi

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Welcome aboard. In the interests of child safety we must request that:

1 (and most importantly). You must never look in the Gender Philosophy sub until you are at least 38 years old as the people who create most of the threads in there will wither your youthful bloom with their poorly concealed psycho-sexual dysfunctions.

2. If you ever feel sad and need somebody to talk to, stay out of the Philosophical Counselling sub. It's a mad house for mad old men with weird and stupid ideas.

3. If you experience any uncertainty about life, what is it really for and is there anything out there that I should devote my existence to? Stay away from the Philosophy of Religion sub. This dark and hellish location will result in a deep spiritual crippling.

4. If somebody has told you that philosophy is somehow related to wisdom by anything other than etymological happenstance - cut that person out of your life now. I don't care if it's your teacher, your auntie or your own dear papa, finding out what philosophy really is probably counts as about the 7th harshest lesson you can learn in life, placing it one rung above the non-existence of Santa (I hope that's not a spoiler).

Other than that, please enjoy your stay, if you aren't British/Australian/Irish/NZ then you are at least about to learn a wonderful new variety of swear words.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Pff. No Santa!! ..next he'll be saying there's no God. :roll:
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:25 pm Welcome aboard. In the interests of child safety we must request that:

1 (and most importantly). You must never look in the Gender Philosophy sub until you are at least 38 years old as the people who create most of the threads in there will wither your youthful bloom with their poorly concealed psycho-sexual dysfunctions.

2. If you ever feel sad and need somebody to talk to, stay out of the Philosophical Counselling sub. It's a mad house for mad old men with weird and stupid ideas.

3. If you experience any uncertainty about life, what is it really for and is there anything out there that I should devote my existence to? Stay away from the Philosophy of Religion sub. This dark and hellish location will result in a deep spiritual crippling.

4. If somebody has told you that philosophy is somehow related to wisdom by anything other than etymological happenstance - cut that person out of your life now. I don't care if it's your teacher, your auntie or your own dear papa, finding out what philosophy really is probably counts as about the 7th harshest lesson you can learn in life, placing it one rung above the non-existence of Santa (I hope that's not a spoiler).

Other than that, please enjoy your stay, if you aren't British/Australian/Irish/NZ then you are at least about to learn a wonderful new variety of swear words.
You're my favorite person of the day :D