Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:26 pm It does hold, here is why.

everybody has a choice, if i chose to kill a baby in the womb then to have it born and risk having hardships and possible complications along the way then to have the baby and watch it grow learn and mature into a human well renowned...this would be Gods plan.
I found this sentence hard to follow, but it seems like you are saying that God's plan is for you to have the baby. Which means one can break God's plan by not having it.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:37 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:26 pm It does hold, here is why.

everybody has a choice, if i chose to kill a baby in the womb then to have it born and risk having hardships and possible complications along the way then to have the baby and watch it grow learn and mature into a human well renowned...this would be Gods plan.
I found this sentence hard to follow, but it seems like you are saying that God's plan is for you to have the baby. Which means one can break God's plan by not having it.
I am saying we do not know when we disobey the plan of God and when we follow it. Hardships and bad decisions are apart of his plan, but when is it a hardship or wrong decision that becomes detrimental to what he has planned for us?

therefore everyone is following in the plan of what God has created for us. no matter what we do.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:56 pm I am saying we do not know when we disobey the plan of God and when we follow it. Hardships and bad decisions are apart of his plan, but when is it a hardship or wrong decision that becomes detrimental to what he has planned for us?

therefore everyone is following in the plan of what God has created for us. no matter what we do.
So, we can disobey the plan of God. He had something planned (for us) but we made the wrong choice.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Is it sin to condemn a rape victim who chooses abortion? (Atla thinks so)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:43 pm Is it sin to condemn a rape victim who chooses abortion? (Atla thinks so)
Is it a sin for God to allow a soul to be raped into a woman's womb?
Is it a sin for God to put a soul into the womb of someone who will not want to bring that baby to term?

We wouldn't think much of an earthly father who put babies in harm's way.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

dattaswami wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:50 am Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

[Reply tp a question by Smt. Priyanka Seethepalli] Swami replied: Rape is the sin of the rapist and not the sin of the raped lady. There is no need to have an abortion, provided the husband of the lady agrees. The unborn child in the womb of the woman is not a sinner. So, why should it be killed? If the lady does not want to raise the child herself, she can deliver it and give it for adoption in an orphanage run by a charitable institution (anātha āśrama).
We men can be the most annoying backseat drivers, can't we? If we don't have to actually experience pregnancy, then it's like some sort of simple, detached intellectual puzzle to us. We'll just mansplain the options to the woman who is pregnant and hope she will take us seriously. Being a "swami" is such fun! Can we play this game again sometime?? Maybe next time I'll explain to her how to drink liquid through a plastic straw! Her giggles in response are no doubt expressions of joy over what I have taught her!

:lol:
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:39 pm
So, we can disobey the plan of God. He had something planned (for us) but we made the wrong choice.
You can disobey his plan, but you disobeying is apart of a plan within itself.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

in all conclusion...yes.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:42 am
Then there is no free will.
If he planned what you will do, then there is no free will.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:45 am
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:42 am
Then there is no free will.
If he planned what you will do, then there is no free will.
For you to try and understand the reasons of God, is absolutely preposterous.

Even when Moses asks him " Who are you" he says: "I am who I am".

You cannot except for one such as yourself to understand anything besides the registered formalities that a God as merely placed Infront of you. How can we see the forth dimension? We cannot. EVEN THOUGH it has all the characteristics of the not just 1st-2nd and 3rd BUT all 3 of the ones we know of. we cannot visualize with correct correspondence to what we believe, because we are simply...not...there.

Now, young Plato, you tell me. How can a mere human much like yourself understand the values and reasonings of God? are you with God ( in the physical side-by-side sense of the phrase )? Are you his Mother? Perhaps his best of friends? Maybe not, so again I will ask you, how can we understand the truth and reasonings behind something that we are not one with? nor can interact with? For if we do not know, it than its reality can be sorted upon all sorts of things...its unknowing and knowing subjects could be all the same raveled into one. For we do not know the mind of God and to try to would be catastrophic to then nations. and rip us of our sanity.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:02 am Now, young Plato, you tell me. How can a mere human much like yourself understand the values and reasonings of God?
I'm not discussing things with God. I'm discussing things with you: your reasoning.

It's you who think you know what is going on with God.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:12 am
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:02 am Now, young Plato, you tell me. How can a mere human much like yourself understand the values and reasonings of God?
I'm not discussing things with God. I'm discussing things with you: your reasoning.

It's you who think you know what is going on with God.
I am a vessel of the Lord almighty. I am his servant. And I will do his deeds. I am good with words, therefore I have excepted my proceedings in life revolve around me convincing and speaking with many people.

This response to this forum was based on my outlook from God, if you discuss with me...then Mr.Plato you discuss straight to God.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:52 am I am good with words,
Which ones in particular? :?
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Harbal wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:16 am
dont play these games
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:26 am
Harbal wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:16 am
dont play these games
Stop making it so tempting then.