Reincarnation

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Reincarnation

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:01 am
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:44 am I don't fit into any category known by mental health. I've never met anyone similar to me. Others see me as normal so I blend in just fine.
Sounds very familiar.
I've never met anyone similar to me even before I became a nondualist. Becoming a nondualist just made it even worse.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 am I've never met anyone similar to me even before I became a nondualist. Becoming a nondualist just made it even worse.
Yes, and this all sounds very familiar to me.

Also, I now feel a compulsive urge to speak in nondual context, as I cannot think in any other way, now.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:44 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:28 am What do you mean by 'unusual states of mind'?
I seem to have or have had like more than half a dozen different mild-to-moderate brain issues (most of them are bad, a few are good, one is a very rare and massive gift) that alone may have gone unnoticed by me, but together they made me go through a rather unimaginable life experience. I got rid of most of the issues in the last decade. I don't fit into any category known by mental health. I've never met anyone similar to me. Others see me as normal so I blend in just fine.

I've experienced "softer versions" and sometimes not so softer versions of many unusual states of mind, for decades, to the point where I could build a whole system of understanding about them. I then even internalized the ones I didn't personally experience, for example psychopathy.
I get the feeling you are keeping something close to your chest - you arn't opening up - perhaps you can't put into words, or you don't want to in public discourse.

So.

Were hallucinogens involved at any point in your history? PM if need be, total discretion and confidential chat (you'd be surprise by the number on the forum I have chats with about the psyche)

As you may have read, I urinated when it was pitch dark at the side of a paddock onto an electric fence (while on LSD) :D

** Some more for your arsenal.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:54 am
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:44 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:28 am What do you mean by 'unusual states of mind'?
I seem to have or have had like more than half a dozen different mild-to-moderate brain issues (most of them are bad, a few are good, one is a very rare and massive gift) that alone may have gone unnoticed by me, but together they made me go through a rather unimaginable life experience. I got rid of most of the issues in the last decade. I don't fit into any category known by mental health. I've never met anyone similar to me. Others see me as normal so I blend in just fine.

I've experienced "softer versions" and sometimes not so softer versions of many unusual states of mind, for decades, to the point where I could build a whole system of understanding about them. I then even internalized the ones I didn't personally experience, for example psychopathy.
I get the feeling you are keeping something close to your chest - you arn't opening up - perhaps you can't put into words, or you don't want to in public discourse.

So.

Were hallucinogens involved at any point in your history? PM if need be, total discretion and confidential chat (you'd be surprise by the number on the forum I have chats with about the psyche)

As you may have read, I urinated when it was pitch dark at the side of a paddock onto an electric fence (while on LSD) :D

** Some more for your arsenal.
Not something close to my chest but like 5-10 different things.

I never took any drugs, that would be a REALLY bad idea for me.
Ordinary dairy and baker's yeast (milk and bread etc.) seem to have similar effects on me. Who can foresee something like that?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:12 pm Not something close to my chest but like 5-10 different things.

Ordinary dairy and baker's yeast (milk and bread etc.) seem to have similar effects on me. Who can foresee something like that?
To be honest, all the run-amockers that I've hung out with since school have tested their consciousness with hallucinogen drugs - and we're all doing pretty good.

It's actually many of my friends that never did, and work colleagues that are 'straight' that seem to have mental issues of some sort.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:32 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:12 pm Not something close to my chest but like 5-10 different things.

To be honest, all the run-amockers that I've hung out with since school have tested their consciousness with hallucinogen drugs - and we're all doing pretty good.

It's actually many of my friends that never did, and work colleagues that are 'straight' that seem to have mental issues of some sort.
Yeah but you guys are normal people with no other weird things in your brain. I have like half a dozen other things.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:38 pm

Yeah but you guys are normal people with no other weird things in your brain. I have like half a dozen other things.
MRI? ..or life events growing up?
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:38 pm

MRI? ..or life events growing up?
Never did MRI which is probably a good thing, life events weren't the cause. And some of the weird things in my brain are good, not bad. Overall I think I'm extremely lucky. Well that's enough said about Atla
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:23 am
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 am I've never met anyone similar to me even before I became a nondualist. Becoming a nondualist just made it even worse.

Also, I now feel a compulsive urge to speak in nondual context, as I cannot think in any other way, now.
Sometimes, having to keep forcing myself into the old ego-ic mode, just to be able to communicate and get along with people, can get pretty tiresome for me. Other times, I don't even notice. I'm getting rather tired of it right now, who needs these shackles
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:05 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:23 am

Sometimes, having to keep forcing myself into the old ego-ic mode, just to be able to communicate and get along with people, can get pretty tiresome for me. Other times, I don't even notice. I'm getting rather tired of it right now, who needs these shackles
Sounds very familiar.

I've already unshackled my shackles, and unfettered my fetters. I died.

My close relations still think I'm here, and so all I can do is put on a show, show willing so to speak, else be labeled mentally insane.
I'm in no mood these days to reveal my secret that I've already escaped the insanity of the sane people, and that it was the sane thing to do.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:21 pm Sounds very familiar.

My close relations still think I'm here, and so all I can do is put on a show, show willing so to speak, else be labeled mentally insane.
I'm in no mood these days to reveal my secret that I've already escaped the insanity of the sane people, and that it was the sane thing to do.
I think there's not much point in trying to reveal it anyway, it's not something that can be told. One has to go through it to understand it. I choose to come back, best of both worlds, but still, existence to me is nothing like it was before.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:55 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:21 pm Sounds very familiar.

I think there's not much point in trying to reveal it anyway, it's not something that can be told. One has to go through it to understand it. I choose to come back, best of both worlds, but still, existence to me is nothing like it was before.
This all sounds very familiar.