Reincarnation

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Reincarnation

Post by Harbal »

I've been thinking about the possibility of reincarnation, and after much deliberation (one minute and twenty three seconds) I have concluded the notion to be utterly bonkers, and that's that. :roll:
popeye1945

Re: Reincarnation

Post by popeye1945 »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:01 pm I've been thinking about the possibility of reincarnation, and after much deliberation (one minute and twenty three seconds) I have concluded the notion to be utterly bonkers, and that's that. :roll:
I agree it is a fantasy, even though the essence of all life forms is one and the same in our common carbon-based biology. In a sense, the regeneration of life forms is the repetition of orders, patterns and processes. One might consider this a form of reincarnation. One is not born with an identity, we come into this world as just that which experiences and we gain our sense of identity from our interplay within our given context/environment. Reincarnation states I believe, that it is the same individual with his acquired identity from the environment of his time repeated, what makes this intriguing is it does happen on some level when we think about inherited instincts. Reality is, however, a truly weird manifestation anyone even hearing about quantum reality knows it is all open to wonder.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

deja vu

-Imp
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:57 pm deja vu

Not again. :?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:21 pm

Play that rift again!!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:00 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:21 pm

Play that rift again!! Again, again, again the same!!
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:01 pm I've been thinking about the possibility of reincarnation, and after much deliberation (one minute and twenty three seconds) I have concluded the notion to be utterly bonkers, and that's that. :roll:
Any reasons or is this a priori or intuition?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:10 pm
I decided not to bother with a reason on this occasion; it didn't seem necessary.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:25 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:10 pm
I decided not to bother with a reason on this occasion; it didn't seem necessary.
So, it's kinda like a one person poll.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:32 pm
No, it's not a poll. I'm just telling it like it is.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the best polls are for jousting

-Imp
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:39 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:32 pm
No, it's not a poll. I'm just telling it like it is.
Well, there's a dearth of people expressing their truths.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I find it more amusing that people think the person with their name and NIH/social security number who retires in 3 or 10 or 40 years will be same person. That's reincaration with sleight of self.
But what they may not know is that the body does its own extreme makeover regularly. In fact, 98 percent of the atoms in the body are replaced yearly.
Researchers in the 1950s made the discovery by feeding their subjects radioactive atoms. Using radiation detectors, the researchers watched the atoms move all over the body. They found that the new atoms replaced old ones and ended up in all tissues of the human body.
So, don't hold back all your desires for some fine day in the future, someone else is gonna reap what you have sown....or not sown. God, I hate metaphors...they best me.

A copy of you, and not a great one sometimes, is coming, and soon, to take over your life.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Bonkers you want!?

Well, I think reincarnation is true. In November 2005, the night the sage introduced himself to me - from the 'aether' - he confirmed to me that we are reincarnated into the family that we deserve. God is\or runs something like an A.I. an auto-karma that runs throughout ALL matter, including your brain.

Sometimes I consider that our brains are like a network of databases to this God system. That our souls are the brains, linked by a pointer (look up C programming)...this pointer recursively traverses brain matter through time - thus when the material body dies it is remapped to a foetus based on the karma algorithm - not necassarily immediately, some 'stastis' holding point may be required until the right family\other are pregnant!

The sage, in 2010 told me something quite profound about my previous life (but that's personal).. So yeah, I have no reason to doubt a sage, thus believe reincarnation to be true. It also makes more rational sense than the standard Christian belief that we are all born once to live our lives and then get judged at the end. Why should someone born into a well educated family with good moral standards be judged equally from that point of insertion to life as someone born into dire poverty and will little by way of moral guidance?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Ship of Thebes coming, man, with your name on it.