The lie that'll destroy women for generations

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The lie that'll destroy women for generations

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:21 am
Walker wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:10 am
They must be anti-choice. Better to eat your babies than abort them...

This reasoning is sound, don't you think?
No, it isn't. And I'm not going to discuss abortion with american religious fuckheads. Fuck off to your icky huge family and hideous wife and children who should have been aborted.
Be nice.

There is another angle to the video, and that is replacement birthrate. Most industrialized countries don't have a replacement birthrate. However that doesn't apply to the US, because there of plenty of folks pouring over the border who come from big-family cultures, particularly Latin cultures. I've been to Mexican parties in the US, with their big families, and I think the open border policy is going to result in a lot of Republican voters. Trump voters. Mexican nuclear families are solidly middle-class, and Trump appeals to the middle class.

Be nice.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:32 am

Be nice.
Why should I be nice to you? You are a freak and you enjoy annoying people, like the sadistic little twerp that you are.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:43 am

Be nice.
Why should I be nice to you? You are a freak and you enjoy annoying people, like the sadistic little twerp that you are.
Because although I may deserve unkindness, I am kind to you and in this short life kindness grows more scarce just as a long life robs the indulgence of potential, and I ask because I need you to be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:49 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:43 am

Be nice.
Because although I may deserve unkindness, I am kind to you and in this short life kindness grows more scarce just as a long life robs the indulgence of potential, and I ask because I need you to be.
There you go again. Being as annoying as possible :lol:
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

Look at yourself, read your last few posts. Utterly nonsensical, it appears you are only here to abuse repeatedly.
Last edited by reasonvemotion on Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:59 am There you go again. Being as annoying as possible :lol:
I think that's best for all concerned.

:)
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:24 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:19 am
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:09 am

Infanticide is an ancient practice that gradually became increasingly frowned upon as we became more civilised. And yet abortion has become increasingly common. There's no real difference, in my opinion.
Then you are an even bigger moron than you have appeared to be so far.
If by moron you mean someone who doesn't agree with killing babies, then it's a title I proudly accept.
Let me explain something about Maia and abortion here based on my exchanges with her over at ILP.

First of all, my argument regarding such "conflicting goods" as abortion is that there does not appear to be a way for scientists, philosophers, ethicists, political scientists etc., to prescribe the most rational manner in which to resolve such moral conflagrations. I argue instead that individual value judgments here are rooted more in the individual lives that we live, in our indoctrination as children, in the political prejudices we come to acquire existentially given our personal experiences, relationships and access to information and knowledge.

I encompassed this in regard to my own life in the OP on this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=194382

Now, Maia basically agrees with me here. Or, rather, to the extent that I understand her, she does. And by that I mean she agrees that had her own life been very different, she might well be here arguing just the opposite of what she believes now. She might be here championing the right of women to have abortions.

The explanation?

Well, again, to the extent that I understand her, she possesses this "intrinsic self", this "spiritual self" -- if not an actual soul? -- linked to the Goddess, linked to Nature.

So, basically, it seems that to the extent she believes this it is really futile to get into a typical "I'm right and you're wrong" liberal/conservative, feminine/feminist discussion and debate. Why? Because her moral convictions are rooted in this intrinsic/spiritual Self which no one can really grasp other than herself.

After all, you're not her so of course you can't "just know" that abortion is murder like she does.

Or so it still seems to me.
vegetariantaxidermy

iambiguous wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:53 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:19 am

Then you are an even bigger moron than you have appeared to be so far.
If by moron you mean someone who doesn't agree with killing babies, then it's a title I proudly accept.
Let me explain something about Maia and abortion here based on my exchanges with her over at ILP.

First of all, my argument regarding such "conflicting goods" as abortion is that there does not appear to be a way for scientists, philosophers, ethicists, political scientists etc., to prescribe the most rational manner in which to resolve such moral conflagrations. I argue instead that individual value judgments here are rooted more in the individual lives that we live, in our indoctrination as children, in the political prejudices we come to acquire existentially given our personal experiences, relationships and access to information and knowledge.

I encompassed this in regard to my own life in the OP on this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=194382

Now, Maia basically agrees with me here. Or, rather, to the extent that I understand her, she does. And by that I mean she agrees that had her own life been very different, she might well be here arguing just the opposite of what she believes now. She might be here championing the right of women to have abortions.

The explanation?

Well, again, to the extent that I understand her, she possesses this "intrinsic self", this "spiritual self" -- if not an actual soul? -- linked to the Goddess, linked to Nature.

So, basically, it seems that to the extent she believes this it is really futile to get into a typical "I'm right and you're wrong" liberal/conservative, feminine/feminist discussion and debate. Why? Because her moral convictions are rooted in this intrinsic/spiritual Self which no one can really grasp other than herself.

After all, you're not her so of course you can't "just know" that abortion is murder like she does.

What on earth are you on about? It has nothing to do with politics. It's a medical procedure and only concerns a woman and her doctor or pharmacist. Abortion has nothing to do with 'morality', unless it's to say that it's 'immoral' to force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, or to force her to go to a backstreet butcher. You might as well say that having a mastectomy is a 'moral issue'. Do you see protests about women getting this procedure? Telling women that they have no right to do this? Of course you don't. Anti-choicers couldn't give a flying rat's turd about unwanted babies and children. They really just need to slither back into the slime they came from.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 am

The explanation?

What on earth are you on about? It has nothing to do with politics. It's a medical procedure and only concerns a woman and her doctor or pharmacist. Abortion has nothing to do with 'morality', unless it's to say that it's 'immoral' to force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, or to force her to go to a backstreet butcher. You might as well say that having a mastectomy is a 'moral issue'. Do you see protests about women getting this procedure? Telling women that they have no right to do this? Of course you don't. Anti-choicers couldn't give a flying rat's turd about unwanted babies and children. They really just need to slither back into the slime they came from.
Are you suggesting that unborn babies aren't alive?

As for mastectomies, I've read an increasing number of accounts of young girls pressured and brainwashed into believing they are really boys, and having this procedure, later coming to regret it. So yes, there are indeed protests about this.
vegetariantaxidermy

Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:45 am

The explanation?

As for mastectomies, I've read an increasing number of accounts of young girls pressured and brainwashed into believing they are really boys, and having this procedure, later coming to regret it. So yes, there are indeed protests about this.
Are you suggesting cancer isn't alive? And most abortions are in the first trimester. I really can't be bothered discussing this with a moron who believes in magic, or anyone else for that matter. Unless you need an abortion then you really should just shut the fuck up about it.
vegetariantaxidermy

The explanation?

Are you suggesting cancer isn't alive? And most abortions are in the first trimester. I really can't be bothered discussing this with a moron who believes in magic, or anyone else for that matter. Unless you need an abortion then you really should just shut the fuck up about it.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:30 am

The idea that abortion is nobody's business except the person doing it is like saying that murder is nobody's business except the person doing it.

Society has a right to make laws to protect human life. And talking of magic, since you brought it up, what do you think the wholesale and deliberate slaughter of thousands of babies does to the morals and ethics of society? It makes life cheap, that's what. And the consequences of this are all around us.
vegetariantaxidermy

Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:48 am

The idea that abortion is nobody's business except the person doing it is like saying that murder is nobody's business except the person doing it.

Society has a right to make laws to protect human life. And talking of magic, since you brought it up, what do you think the wholesale and deliberate slaughter of thousands of babies does to the morals and ethics of society? It makes life cheap, that's what. And the consequences of this are all around us.
Fuck off. Anti-choice is about misogyny and control. Women can be misogynistic arseholes too. There is no way that ANY of those hypocrites give a flying rat's turd about other people's unformed embryos. If they did then they would be objecting to IVF clinics which flush away millions of them.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:23 am

Fuck off. Anti-choice is about misogyny and control. Women can be misogynistic arseholes too. There is no way that ANY of those hypocrites give a flying rat's turd about other people's unformed embryos. If they did then they would be objecting to IVF clinics which flush away millions of them.
I care about them, and I also object to flushing away embryos.

As I pointed out, to say I'm anti-choice is to say that people who object to murder are anti-choice.
vegetariantaxidermy

Maia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:23 am

I care about them, and I also object to flushing away embryos.

As I pointed out, to say I'm anti-choice is to say that people who object to murder are anti-choice.
You are a phony. No one could genuinely think like that. You might be fooling yourself but you don't fool me. Anti-choicers are hypocrities by definition.