Should I have a fourth jab?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: Should I have a fourth jab?

Post by reasonvemotion »

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

'Anti-vaxxers' are extremists. Yes, the vaccine can, and does, kill some people. No one has denied that. What extremists do is take a crumb of truth and turn it into a whole loaf of bullshit.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

:lol:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

It's a "loaf of bullshit" until it happens to you, your family, or somebody you love.

Then things get real, real fast, especially when governments around the world essentially forced this experimental mRNA juice on populations, with NO LIABILITY protections...

How any rational person could get on board with this, after it's proved ineffective, is beyond my willingness to accept.
vegetariantaxidermy

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:09 pm It's a "loaf of bullshit" until it happens to you, your family, or somebody you love.

Then things get real, real fast, especially when governments around the world essentially forced this experimental mRNA juice on populations, with NO LIABILITY protections...

How any rational person could get on board with this, after it's proved ineffective, is beyond my willingness to accept.
You should go back over the thread. I've been repeatedly referred to as an 'anti-vaxxer' :lol: The trouble with most people is that they are motivated by politics instead of facts and evidence. It stands to reason that I'm going to annoy 50 percent of people at any given time. No one should have been forced to have the vaccine, especially NOT to 'protect' allegedly vulnerable people who it doesn't prevent from catching it anyway. They were welcome to have the jab if they wanted it. The vaccine clearly doesn't limit spread at all. Once most of the population here was vaccinated it spread like wildfire. Before the vaccine only a handful of people had the virus, and most of 'them' had brought it in from overseas. The trouble with this vaccine is that there's no way to prove one way or the other whether it has any effect at all on the virus, and that plays right into the hands of conspiracy nutters. If someone dies of covid after being vaccinated then we are told 'it's not 100%'. If someone gets mild symptoms there's no way of knowing if they would have got mild symptoms without the vaccine. If someone dies unexpectedly soon after having the jab the cause of death will most likely be put down to something else, like 'SADS' (which Ray Liotta died of). With something like polio it's very obvious whether or not it works because it quickly disappears from the population.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:52 pmThe trouble with most people is that they are motivated by politics instead of facts and evidence.
I know, and Maia is one of these types.

I've thought about it long and hard, and it still perplexes me, about how the world's population is so willing to harm or kill themselves, in order to make political points. But then I realize that very few individuals have self-control or autonomy. Most people are blind followers, to Authority. Thus, you cannot convince the masses of anything. You can only convert the Authorities of your opposition, first and foremost. Addressing the sheep is pointless. You must deal with the shepherds.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Wizard,

If folks wanna eat Drano, I mean really wanna: there's not a helluva lot you can do about it.

It's dumb & and self-destructive, yeah, but it is what it is.

All you can do is not eat Drano yourself. Even if everyone else does, even if legislators demand it, even if God comes down from Heaven and sez Thou shall eat Drano!, don't eat Drano.

You have pretty much no say-so over the other guy and pretty much absolute say-so over yourself.

If, after speakin' your mind (Drano is not food: don't eat it!), people insist on eatin' the Drano, there's not much you can do except leave 'em to their agonizin' deaths.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

The problem is, is that they want me (and you) to drink it too.

I will never forgive humanity of threatening to seize Canadian's bank accounts for not being "vaccinated" with a substance that 1) does not immunize the receiver and 2) still allows transmission.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:55 pm The problem is, is that they want me (and you) to drink it too.

I will never forgive humanity of threatening to seize Canadian's bank accounts for not being "vaccinated" with a substance that 1) does not immunize the receiver and 2) still allows transmission.
There's always gonna be folks who want you to do sumthin' stupid (and who are willin' to make you do sumthin' stupid). It's on you to defend yourself against 'em, to navigate around 'em. You have to harden your life, be less dependent on the people & systems around you. If bankers choose to act as agents of The State, don't do business with 'em. If grocers say mask up on entry, shop elsewhere, etc.

Are you free cuz the other guy sez you are and accommodates you, or, are you free even when everyone else sez you're not and demands you wear the collar?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:11 pm
There's always gonna be folks who want you to do sumthin' stupid (and who are willin' to make you do sumthin' stupid). It's on you to defend yourself against 'em, to navigate around 'em. You have to harden your life, be less dependent on the people & systems around you. If bankers choose to act as agents of The State, don't do business with 'em. If grocers say mask up on entry, shop elsewhere, etc.
This is the classic "meat mind" mentality in my view.

Now, on the surface it sounds like he is a staunch advocate of the "rugged individualist". Own yourself. Don't let the State own you.

But, as with all fulminating fanatic objectivists, to the extent that you would not do exactly what he does, you are not a rugged individualist at all. On the contrary, you're a moron.

If the State says jab and you jab, you're a moron. If the State says wear a mask and you wear a mask, you're a moron.

Then right down the line, issue by issue. You're a "rugged individualist" if you think, feel, say and do what he thinks, feels, says and does.

Go, ahead, just pick a moral or political conflagration and find out if you are a rugged individualist or a moron.
vegetariantaxidermy

iambiguous wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:59 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:11 pm
This is the classic "meat mind" mentality in my view.

Now, on the surface it sounds like he is a staunch advocate of the "rugged individualist". Own yourself. Don't let the State own you.

But, as with all fulminating fanatic objectivists, to the extent that you would not do exactly what he does, you are not a rugged individualist at all. On the contrary, you're a moron.

If the State says jab and you jab, you're a moron. If the State says wear a mask and you wear a mask, you're a moron.

Then right down the line, issue by issue. You're a "rugged individualist" if you think, feel, say and do what he thinks, feels, says and does.

Go, ahead, just pick a moral or political conflagration and find out if you are a rugged individualist or a moron.
That's true. The vaccine was a particularly tricky one because this virus is new to humans and no one knew anything about it or could predict how it would evolve. Rational people had the vaccine, conspiracy nut-jobs did not. The point is that people who chose not to have it did it for all the WRONG reasons, none of which involved anything rational or scientific. 'Hindsight' is possibly one of the most unhelpful and torturous concepts in the human experience.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:18 pmRational people had the vaccine,
This is not true.

Rational people were dumbfounded by the No-liability clause rollout of the "vaccine".

Rational people recorded the lie, after life, after lie, coming out of world governments and pharmaceutical industry, which exists to make money, not to benefit the health of the masses.

Rational people paid attention to the Canadian-US Trucker strike that threatened to seize the bank accounts of millions of Americans, to forcefully inject the trucking industry, who did not need any vaccination toward the end of the 'pandemic'.

Rational people investigated the actual mRNA technology and substances, quickly learning that it has a 20 year span of R&D that far predate this pandemic, and has ulterior motives and agendas attached.

Rational people were first to realize the mRNA-injections did not work. They do not provide immunity. They do not stop transmission. There is really no evidence that mass-vaccination of these shots helped or hindered the general population. States like Florida in the US, or some other countries around the world, have data of superior health than others with severe closures and vaccination rates.

Rational people are very well aware of the countless contradictions, still present today, that cowards and sheeple are unable to answer, balk, and run away from.

Simply put, you're a fool to have fallen for these 'vaccines' that don't even work.

You may as well be taking snake oil, or Alex Jones vitamin supplements.
vegetariantaxidermy

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:29 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:18 pmRational people had the vaccine,
This is not true.

Rational people were dumbfounded by the No-liability clause rollout of the "vaccine".

Rational people recorded the lie, after life, after lie, coming out of world governments and pharmaceutical industry, which exists to make money, not to benefit the health of the masses.

Rational people paid attention to the Canadian-US Trucker strike that threatened to seize the bank accounts of millions of Americans, to forcefully inject the trucking industry, who did not need any vaccination toward the end of the 'pandemic'.

Rational people investigated the actual mRNA technology and substances, quickly learning that it has a 20 year span of R&D that far predate this pandemic, and has ulterior motives and agendas attached.

Rational people were first to realize the mRNA-injections did not work. They do not provide immunity. They do not stop transmission. There is really no evidence that mass-vaccination of these shots helped or hindered the general population. States like Florida in the US, or some other countries around the world, have data of superior health than others with severe closures and vaccination rates.

Rational people are very well aware of the countless contradictions, still present today, that cowards and sheeple are unable to answer, balk, and run away from.

Funny how it was only nutters and idiots who protested about it. We don't sue in this country anyway. It's Americans who are obsessed with suing everyone.
Simply put, you're a fool to have fallen for these 'vaccines' that don't even work.

You may as well be taking snake oil, or Alex Jones vitamin supplements.

Funny how it was only nutters and idiots who protested about it. We don't sue in this country anyway. It's Americans who are obsessed with suing everyone. How do you know they don't work anyway? They were only ever supposed to reduce symptoms and ease pressure on hospitals. It seems to me that they did that. It's really more of a McVaccine. The vaccine that you have when you're not actually having a vaccine...
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Because I know you know, that you don't know, how many "boosters" you're supposed to take. Nobody does, except the pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the private corporations that funded the research & development on mRNA technology for the last 20 years. I'd say "look into it", but I know that's vanity...something a "nutter" would do.

Like reading the ingredients of a box at the grocery store, to see what's in your food. Nutters!
vegetariantaxidermy

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:50 am Because I know you know, that you don't know, how many "boosters" you're supposed to take. Nobody does, except the pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the private corporations that funded the research & development on mRNA technology for the last 20 years. I'd say "look into it", but I know that's vanity...something a "nutter" would do.

Like reading the ingredients of a box at the grocery store, to see what's in your food. Nutters!
Yet the people protesting knew nothing about it. They were just reading bullshit conspiracyturd websites. I didn't hear a single one with any credible evidence whatsoever. There are people who really study the facts and objectively post videos about their findings, painstakingly taking into account all the available data and statistics, but those videos are 'boring' and take a bit of effort to watch. So much easier to go to websites that claim the vaccine is a plot hatched up by 'lizard people' (like the Queen) to kill off the human race.