Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Atla »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:12 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:52 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:44 pm

Is it not because you are an arsewipe?
You're not even trying to hide anymore what you did, are you?
No I'm always very honest. (hint: this is a statment of fact)
Too bad, in your case the world would be better off if you didn't express your inner self.
friendofyours

Post by friendofyours »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:14 pm
friendofyours wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 pm 3056ef270cd18883453c70bd21501277.jpg

I'm sending in a knight in shining armour to fend off all the negative vibes!
Stop shit posting.
Here's one to uncoil on your new carpet
Your words and actions clearly highlight your character.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:00 pm I saw that guy in a Netflix series, I thought he was just an actor. I didn't know he was a stand up comedian, or more precisely, a sitting on a stool comedian.
He hopped around a lot when he was younger, quite animated. Two things about Brian Regan, "this guy." He's was one of the funniest around, can't speak for now. And, he doesn't curse in his act.
Walker

Post by Walker »

friendofyours wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:27 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:14 pm
friendofyours wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 pm 3056ef270cd18883453c70bd21501277.jpg

I'm sending in a knight in shining armour to fend off all the negative vibes!
Stop shit posting.
Here's one to uncoil on your new carpet
Your words and actions clearly highlight your character.
Interesting. One could also say that Sculptor is beyond the limitations imposed by commonly accepted notions of politeness and couth, and as such, used that tactic of offensiveness to elict your response, as a tool to assess your character. For example, without knowing your character, the possibility exists that you could have responded differently than judging him, and in fact could have responded to the worth in his content assessment.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:30 am
Walker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:17 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:13 pm

I dare to think it. In fact, I don't dare to not think it.
At any particular moment you can only be the best you can be at that moment.
But who or what you are at any particular moment has no actual bearing on who nor what you 'can be'.
Your "But" does not apply to the statement. I'll correct your statement, so that it does.

But who or what you are at any particular moment has no actual bearing on who nor what you 'can be' ... at that moment.

As you can see, changing your statement so that it applies to what you are Butting, negates the but.

- This may clarify: A world-record runner isn't going to try and break his own world record on a practice run before the big race.
- Giving his best at that moment during the practice run when he isn't going for the gold can then be described as a holistic condition.
- In other words, giving it his best at that moment includes an assessment of what his best is, at that moment, and his best is a rational assessment of appropriateness, given the conditions.
- His rational assessment isn't going to risk depleting his batteries, or risking injury, before the big race.

- Same can be said for someone trying to preserve their self-concept while posting on a forum.
- Their best, at that moment, is not going to risk saying something that might injure their self-concept.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:42 am To you, what is a 'philosophical question', exactly?
Answer: A question whose answer has universal application.

Here's a specific question. Is there a better pronoun than "whose" in the context of the answer?
Walker

Post by Walker »

friendofyours wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:14 am
So, why then, you may ask, if it went so badly last time, am I bothering to invite people around again for tea? Well, it is because I have a deep faith in tea, cake and company, (to be honest, mostly the people who drink the tea) and keep hoping that the company can stop throwing the tea around for long enough to simply drink it and enjoy it.
Do you consider tea, cake and company a more condusive method for elicting philosophy, or chitchat?

Chitchat is soft. Diamonds are hard. Diamonds are created under pressure, and heat. Why philosophize unless seeking diamonds?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:08 pm
All I can say is that I save my best self for special events.
Some folks say ... There he is, this is special!
Other folks say ... Here I am.

Lyle says, Here I am, and he's a rather quiet and modest American who sings for his supper ... when singing counts, and when announcing himself with lines to the ladies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lppD7HgfA3Q
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:56 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:52 pm
You're not even trying to hide anymore what you did, are you?
Too bad, in your case the world would be better off if you didn't express your inner self.
And that is an opinion. Which you are entitled to.
However it is questionable if that is of any value since you have no idea who or what I am.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:52 pm

However it is questionable if that is of any value since you have no idea who or what I am.
I already know more than enough thank you.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:00 pm
Now that IS a lie.
Because in fact you knoe nothing what ever.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:32 pm

Now that IS a lie.
That's the lie those miserable fucks keep telling themselves who think their online behaviour doesn't in any way reflect their real life persona. :) And you even had to go all out and do it on at least 3 forums, maybe more.
Walker

Post by Walker »

friendofyours wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:14 am
Walker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:14 pm Well, in midst of all the uncool excitement of intellectual passion that lacks ill intent, if I don’t tell you this now then you won’t know …
So, why then, you may ask, if it went so badly last time, am I bothering to invite people around again for tea? Well, it is because I have a deep faith in tea, cake and company, (to be honest, mostly the people who drink the tea) and keep hoping that the company can stop throwing the tea around for long enough to simply drink it and enjoy it.
Is there a strategy other than hope to create the future you hope to be?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:32 pm
Now that IS a lie.
That's the lie those miserable fucks keep telling themselves who think their online behaviour doesn't in any way reflect their real life persona. :) And you even had to go all out and do it on at least 3 forums, maybe more.
LOL
Well one thing is for sure you can't count

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:30 am
Walker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:17 pm
At any particular moment you can only be the best you can be at that moment.
But who or what you are at any particular moment has no actual bearing on who nor what you 'can be'.
Your "But" does not apply to the statement. I'll correct your statement, so that it does.

But who or what you are at any particular moment has no actual bearing on who nor what you 'can be' ... at that moment.
This may well be absolutely and irrefutably True. But, there is also not 'a moment', which is actually 'separated' from 'another moment'.

Also, and more in line with what I was actually alluding to is, while one is 'telling' "itself" that ' I cannot be any better than how I am 'now' ', then there is no incentive, nor any reason, to acknowledge that I can be-come, and actually be, better than what I am 'now', at any given moment.
Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm As you can see, changing your statement so that it applies to what you are Butting, negates the but.
Okay, if you say so.

But, as can be seen, what I was alluding to has not changed, and has not been negated, at all.
Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm - This may clarify: A world-record runner isn't going to try and break his own world record on a practice run before the big race.
Okay, if you say so. But, I wonder what you are basing this on, exactly?
Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm - Giving his best at that moment during the practice run when he isn't going for the gold can then be described as a holistic condition.
If you say so. But, 'going for so-called gold', to me, really has absolutely nothing at all to 'be-coming and/or being one's best'.

In fact, to me, if one is just doing something 'for gold', then that one is not 'being their best' at all. In fact, that one is being very, very far from being 'their best'.

But, again, 'each to their own', as some would say here.
Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm - In other words, giving it his best at that moment includes an assessment of what his best is, at that moment, and his best is a rational assessment of appropriateness, given the conditions.
Talk about going in depth to try to just defend 'a position', which from a strictly 'deterministic' view only could never be refuted anyway.
Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm - His rational assessment isn't going to risk depleting his batteries, or risking injury, before the big race.

- Same can be said for someone trying to preserve their self-concept while posting on a forum.
- Their best, at that moment, is not going to risk saying something that might injure their self-concept.
What are you on about here. I continually do not back up and support what I say and claim here, not to 'look my best' at all.

The perception of some people here 'of me' could not get any worse. So, I continually 'risk', or 'do', say some things, which others could say 'injures' the 'perception' that others have 'of me'.

And, I do this for a very specific reason, which will come about or be revealed later on.

Also, any so-called 'self-concept' that I previous had became completely non-existent when i uncovered and discovered who and what 'I' thy 'Self' actually is, exactly.