Winter Is Coming!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Winter Is Coming!

Post by Dontaskme »

Experts warn Britons could face energy rationing to avoid blackouts at Xmas - as ministers draw up plans to 'dim the lights' this winter.

All this because Putin couldn’t handle the rejection of his love interest. Hell have no fury.

Now everyone has to suffer. It’s gonna be a cold cold Christmas…

Could be all a scam. Can this world get any more stupid.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

All the multi-trillions floating around, and the first-worlders are becoming poor and starving.. such progress, since the turn of the century. lol

Snow hasn’t settled in Inner London in over 10 years, but the rain has, what with all the recent flooding it’s causing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

MagsJ wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:43 pm All the multi-trillions floating around, and the first-worlders are becoming poor and starving.. such progress, since the turn of the century. lol

Snow hasn’t settled in Inner London in over 10 years, but the rain has, what with all the recent flooding it’s causing.
I can’t berrrrr🥶 this wet mentality in human governing anymore.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

MagsJ wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:43 pm All the multi-trillions floating around, and the first-worlders are becoming poor and starving.. such progress, since the turn of the century. lol

Yeah it’s ridiculous, what better way to cull the population than to starve and freeze them out, where no one is held accountable, just pure evil.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Life in Blackout Britain: Experts warn energy rationing this winter could see people told not to cook until after 8pm, pubs close at 9pm, 'three-day-a-week' school, care homes cancel outings for residents and swimming pools left unheated.

Yeah human society has really come on leaps and bounds what amazing progression what a superior clever evolved species we’ve become….isn’t that right Sculptor?

Yeah, war after war…after war…only a dead man sees the end of war.

It’s going to be like a re-enactment of the movie HUNGER GAMES where we get to be real actors in real life.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I believe hot water bottles + warm body wrappings heat up a person for a lot less energy than space heating. Hot water bottles may be a good product to buy shares in.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:14 pm I believe hot water bottles + warm body wrappings heat up a person for a lot less energy than space heating. Hot water bottles may be a good product to buy shares in.
Sounds like a fun challenge stepping back to the primitive dark ages. Haven’t experienced that experience yet, I’m looking forward to observing the collapse of civilisation as we once knew it.

Don’t seem like we’ve evolved that much. Heating/cooling systems and food should be an absolute necessity not a luxury…in 2022

If we cannot provide and sustain our most basic human needs ..comfort shelter and food, then ……well you know. Tesla must be turning in his grave.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:14 pm I believe hot water bottles + warm body wrappings heat up a person for a lot less energy than space heating. Hot water bottles may be a good product to buy shares in.
I'm with you on that. I can't live without my hot water bottle. The trick is to replace them before they deteriorate and leak all over your bed :(
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:27 pm
I'm with you on that. I can't live without my hot water bottle. The trick is to replace them before they deteriorate and leak all over your bed :(
I am right with you there as I thought of that very possibility and bought two new ones on Wednesday.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:05 pm
Sounds like a fun challenge stepping back to the primitive dark ages. Haven’t experienced that experience yet, I’m looking forward to observing the collapse of civilisation as we once knew it.

Don’t seem like we’ve evolved that much. Heating/cooling systems and food should be an absolute necessity not a luxury…in 2022

If we cannot provide and sustain our most basic human needs ..comfort shelter and food, then ……well you know. Tesla must be turning in his grave.
You must be younger and/or richer than me. I was at boarding school in 1947, no heating at all in the dormitory, frost on the inside of the very large windows, and we used to get almost fully dressed before casting off our blankets.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 pm

You must be younger and/or richer than me. I was at boarding school in 1947, no heating at all in the dormitory, frost on the inside of the very large windows, and we used to get almost fully dressed before casting off our blankets.
I can feel it. Reminds me of most of the houses I've lived in. The house I'm in now is double brick, which is unusual in this country. Modern insulation means that getting up on winter mornings is not longer torture :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 pm

Well, you know I spend a lot of my life just observing the fact that although change does seem to happen, nothing is really changing. What goes up must come down, it's a gravity sort of thing. If not for gravity keeping us all on terra firma, fully grounded...we'd all be flying around like fairies. :D

I just like a good old moan now and again. :D

The inside of my house is like living in the antartica during winter months, especially without central heating on...honestly, it's warmer outside than it is in my house during the worse winters ..might live in my garden this coming winter, it'll be warmer, I'm sure.

The thermostat to my central heating broke, so I can't use the gas central heating anymore...Have also decided not to get it fixed and just ride out the cold without it. I'm pretty hardy, as I too remember the days when we used to have to scrape the ice and frost from our windows each morning...like de-icing the car before we could drive to work.

It's all to be expected, life is what it is.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Good for you DAM! Wrap up well.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Has anyone else had their energy provider changed to British Gas, without their consent?

I had received a letter saying that they were now a subsidiary of BG.. but now this!

Thick clothes and intermittent heating, this Winter.. at least there’s the Winter fuel payments, come October.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

MagsJ wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:23 pm Has anyone else had their energy provider changed to British Gas, without their consent?
No, not that I am aware of anyway, I'll keep an eye out.

MagsJ wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:23 pmThick clothes and intermittent heating, this Winter.. at least there’s the Winter fuel payments, come October.
Yeah, already recieved the first goverment payout allowance, including a huge help from the local council and more payouts to come. Whoopie dooo. Free money. :D

I'm probably going to hibernate this winter, I'm lucky enough to do that. So will spend vasts amount of time in bed, with my hot water bottle and electric blanket. Wake me up in the spring! :wink: