Gun Control

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Gun Control

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:35 pm
Does writing meaningless drivel give you an erection, or something?
That's just what woman would say.

Ask any real man.

:wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Clinical Harbal:

What does game, set, match ... what does that mean?

:|

I remember this before the movie ...

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This is for shootin'
This is for fun

It makes sense when the man points to his weapon, then to his clinical "erection."

Of course it makes sense in all kinds of other ways you may wish to explore, you git *.

* I've heard that expression in the talkies. Is it appropriate?

:)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:41 pm
Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:35 pm
Does writing meaningless drivel give you an erection, or something?
That's just what woman would say.

Ask any real man.

:wink:
Aren't most men real?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:56 pm
What does game, set, match ... what does that mean?
Is it a golfing term?
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:08 pmWhat you attribute to the left is also applicable to any sane moderate.
Sane moderates being the Republicans, of course. However, that assertion, or any implication, that the Left is sane, is simple incorrect.

Here’s simple facts to support the objective view.

- Washington DC is the seat of federal power.
- DC votes Democrat.
- The deep state … staff and civil service and the perpetuating mindset of centralized power … overwhelmingly votes Democrat.
- Democrats vote Left, not Right.
- The Left hates Trump. Be clear about that. Hate. Blind, irrational hate grasping for anything to support it.

- Trump did so much for the country.
- Look at what Brandon and the 81 million voters did to the country.

The Left is not comprised of sane moderates. They're a rather hateful bunch, actually.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:34 pm
- The Left hates Trump. Be clear about that. Hate. Blind, irrational hate grasping for anything to support it.
Anybody with a shred of decency despises Trump. This is nothing to do with left or right. He's a liar and a cheat, and a thoroughly obnoxious human being. To let a man like Trump have any political power is sheer stupidity, but to let him be President is complete insanity.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:08 pmWhat you attribute to the left is also applicable to any sane moderate.
Sane moderates being the Republicans, of course. However, that assertion, or any implication, that the Left is sane, is simple incorrect.

Here’s simple facts to support the objective view.

- Washington DC is the seat of federal power.
- DC votes Democrat.
- The deep state … staff and civil service and the perpetuating mindset of centralized power … overwhelmingly votes Democrat.
- Democrats vote Left, not Right.

- Trump did so much for the country.
- Look at what Brandon and the 81 million voters did to the country.

The Left is not comprised of sane moderates. They're a rather hateful bunch, actually.
You changed conservatives and progressives into Republicans and Democrats. Common mistake. You’ve confused the left with the left fringe. You wouldn’t want anyone to do that on the right, would you?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

As far as sanity goes, you’re going to have to recognize that there’s a double standard in this country. On the one hand you have sanity by the center right, the mainstream right and the radical right. On the other you have the left of center, the traditional left and the left extreme. Everybody, you have to accept this, work with this, if you have any hope of advancing your position, no matter which brand of insanity is yours.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:57 am Answer: Because the rules were written by racist European white men ... or so goes the reasoning of the Left, which is apparently all they need with the assumption that those four descriptive words are inseparable, even synonymous, even factual.

Those who crafted it were educated and brave. Because of its brilliance the country has survived a lot of change. The constitution is considered by many, Mr. Many, to be divinely inspired.

But the Swamp could be too big even for divinity.

What do you think?
Are you actually saying that divinity is racist? Can you name one framer who wasn’t a racist? Can you name one who wasn’t white? Can you name one who wasn’t a man of European origin? Can you really?
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:37 pm
You changed conservatives and progressives into Republicans and Democrats. Common mistake. You’ve confused the left with the left fringe. You wouldn’t want anyone to do that on the right, would you?
I didn't equate them. I said that's how they vote.

My question is, do you say such silly things based on an honest misinterpretation of what is right in front of your eyes, or is it to elicit a clearer picture that you know is there, and you're trying to improve my communication skills by calling me common, mistake prone, and confused. If the latter, I shall not characterize your method on the being-real scale, and refraining ain't even a choice.

I think the reason why is, to encourage more insight and less attic static in your reception that causes such silliness.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:25 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:57 am Answer: Because the rules were written by racist European white men ... or so goes the reasoning of the Left, which is apparently all they need with the assumption that those four descriptive words are inseparable, even synonymous, even factual.

Those who crafted it were educated and brave. Because of its brilliance the country has survived a lot of change. The constitution is considered by many, Mr. Many, to be divinely inspired.

What do you think?
Are you actually saying that divinity is racist? Can you name one framer who wasn’t a racist? Can you name one who wasn’t white? Can you name one who wasn’t a man of European origin? Can you really?
I really don't see how what you're trying to say pertains to what I wrote.

Can you explain yourself?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:28 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:25 pm

What do you think?
I really don't see how what you're trying to say pertains to what I wrote.

Can you explain yourself?
Re-read what you wrote.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I'd much rather you explain yourself.

It gives you a chance to be gracious, and worthy of my time.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:43 pm
Anybody with a shred of decency despises Trump. This is nothing to do with left or right. He's a liar and a cheat, and a thoroughly obnoxious human being. To let a man like Trump have any political power is sheer stupidity, but to let him be President is complete insanity.
Thanks for the living proof.